Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DiglidiDudeNG

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 pm
So yeah. Speedrunning.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been made yet. It's such a popular phenomena with Nintendo games, you'd think someone would have taken the opportunity to talk about it.

Nevertheless, I've started getting into speedrunning a year ago and I became extremely interested in it's culture. Since then, I'm regularly watching streamers I find interesting on SpeedRunsLive.com and have even started speedrunning myself, althought very casually. I'm mostly a fan of the big speedrunners, like CosmoWright or TriHex, but I still feel it's important to give smaller speedrunners a chance.

So far, I've tried speedrunning Super Mario World and Ocarina of Time. Believe me, you don't know how cool it is until you've done races with your friends in a single room. It's hype as ******** yeah, what are you guys' opinion on speedrunning?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:29 am
it can be entertaining, as long as its not a TAS speed run, for those unaware that means tool assisted. as in emulators. its basically the user trying to squeeze everything he can from every frame of action in some cases. interesting to watch but its like, it takes em months just to get a 2 minute run on just about anything in some cases.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 am
TAS are interesting because you can get "perfect runs." The people doing Summer Games Done Quick are ******** amazing though. I saw some guy speedrun Punch-Out!! ******** BLINDFOLDED. It is my dream to just BEAT that game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:51 pm
It's something I love to watch but never do. Seems too frustrating if you make even the smallest mistake.

It's suuuper interesting to see various exploits in games that no one would ever think o findingf, like that whole backwards Jump in Mario 64 that speedrunners use all the time or those sort of wall hacking tricks found in Skyrim.  

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 pm
How about speedruns of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls and the like?
Jeez.

I've never really been interested in general. I like taking my time on games and experiencing them. It's why I play them- to see things and experience things I'd never be able to.
Which is why I like fantasy genres.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 pm
Meta_Fish
TAS are interesting because you can get "perfect runs." The people doing Summer Games Done Quick are ******** amazing though. I saw some guy speedrun Punch-Out!! ******** BLINDFOLDED. It is my dream to just BEAT that game.
quoting an old post sure but recently i saw someone beat the 3 child dungeons on ocarina of time blindfolded. THAT is an intresting watch.  

Xilo The Odd

Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff