Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:42 pm
Rory swore he was going to go blind if he didn't stop reading through the information on the print out in his hands but it kept his mind occupied on his work. It was either keep reading up and try to make the connections he'd been coming up with to write down on paper or stare down at the samples in the microscope but one didn't occupy his mind nearly as much as the other.

Writing down another possibility for potential coat colorization, he glanced up and caught sight of one of the grunts. From what he'd heard, she had been the one that had managed to bring the newest sample back when the raid group had returned.

Setting aside the paperwork and his pen, he walked over to her.

"Um...hi."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm
She couldnt do it anymore... This schedule was going to slowly kill her. If it hadnt already.... 6:00 Wake up, shower and bathroom... Feed the pokemon... 8:00 come to the lab... work on her onyx project, Making one glow. That was going to be stellar once she got the glow to set in. 10:00 Back upstairs to the training area... Work with her pokemon some. After the mission she had realized just where she needed to improve... and there were moves she now wanted to teach them. 11:30 Back to the labs... Shaymin research. Going over the individual hairs, ripping apart each cell to try and find usable genetic material. 5:00 Dinner. 5:30 to the hospital to sit with the 4 critical condition rockets from the mission. 7:30 Back to the Labs... more Onyx work... only this was her Diamond onyx project.... She would work on that until she couldnt think of anything else to do on it then she would go back to the glowing onyx... and work till midnight and then start all over again. She rested her head on the table. The glowing cells under the microscope shown on the backs of her eyelids as her eyes closed. She would just rest her eyes a moment and then someone was talking. She jumped. "Hi oh... um... Hi.... i mean... i wasnt sleeping... i mean... what time is it... wait... Hi..." She blinked a bit. She had nodded off... she thought... maybe... She tried to place a name but she wasnt sure she had ever met this guy before.

caffeinecraving

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:25 pm
"It's alright," he replied, hoping he sounded reassuring to the startled grunt. It probably wouldn't be good practice to not say anything about a grunt nodding off while they were working but the events of late, he felt, allowed for a little leniency. "It's about eight thirty or so," In honesty, he'd lost track of time since he'd come back down to the lab; it was easier to be there than it was to be in the infirmary or anywhere else around the base right now.

"You're," Rory raced through the names of the grunts that had joined them, "Kailee? Right?" he asked, hoping he'd gotten it right.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:55 pm
"In the morning?!" Had she slept for 12 hours?! No... that didnt make sense. She could still see the glowing behind her eyes. She rubbed her eyes. "Sorry... I just... need to figure this out... Its the least i can do for Tambrey." Tambrey was trying to figure out how to work with onyx... and if she could just hand tambrey the clues... she would be able to work on something else.

It was the least she could do for the agent in the infirmary. She nodded. "You have the advantage im sorry to say... but yes... im Kailee..." She held out her hand. She glanced to her notes. The last strain had started accepting the glowing modifications. Now all she had to do is see if they would pass down, dominantly.

caffeinecraving

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:22 pm
"I...I don't think so?" It didn't feel like he had been up all night. The name of the other agent caused him to glance away; the topic he'd been trying to get himself not to think about. "I...I understand," he ran a hand nervously through his hair, "I'm sure she'll love it."

He remembered something about Onix genes being mentioned and wondered if that was what the grunt was working so hard on.

"Sorry," he shook his head as he took her hand to shake, "My name's Rory."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:59 pm
She really hoped not. She frowned. Yeah... everyone was affected by the near death of the 4 rockets. She nodded. She hoped so. She was trying to make them all happy. Even for just a moment.

It was... currently she was working on the glowing onyx because she was so close to a breakthrough. "Rory? Tambrey's Rory?" Very out of professionalism she hugged him. Quick and hard and after a blink she let go. "Im so sorry... "

And then she rubbed her eyes. "Tambrey told me about you... And that you were a contest participant... I try to follow contests But i think ive seen your picture before... but i could be wrong... And we are going to put together a contest... Im not sure if she asked or not... but we would love your help..." She nodded. "Once she gets a bit better im going to take some stuff and we can work on planning it a bit... Hopefully ill have figured this onyx out by then and ill have the time..." She frowned. "Oh im sorry... Did you have something you wanted to ask me?" She frowned worried. "I really do thank you for waking me... im not usually like this... i swear..."

caffeinecraving

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:28 pm
Tambrey's Rory? Well, he didn't oppose the nickname and it made him smile slightly that she'd been talking about him. The quick hug, however, took him by surprise. "Yeah," he murmured quickly, "That's me."

He tried to wave off her worry, "They'll all be fine." Whether that was for her benefit or his own, Rory wasn't entirely sure.

The change of topic was welcome. "I was, I used to be a part of circuit in Kanto so if you kept up with the contests over there..." Rory chanced a smile at the mention of the contest the pair had been thinking about putting together, "She did, actually. Not too long before you all left and I'll be happy to help out."

He was slightly curious as to what the two women had been working on involving the Onix cells but that seemed like a project to be kept among the pair of them.

"You're welcome. I have to admit, I'm almost sort of surprised to see you down here so soon," but then again, it was Team Rocket and the work had to go on, "I actually wanted to talk to you about the sample you brought back. I've been up to my ears in information about the Keldeo so it's great to have something new to examine."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:44 pm
She smiled. Tambrey had introduced him as her sorta boyfriend. So that meant he was claimed and in a sense belonged to Tambrey. So yep... Tambrey's Rory. She had wished Tambrey could have introduced them... but this worked instead. Although it wasnt quite as happy an occasion. "Well its wonderful to meet you..."

She nodded agreeing. They would be fine. She checked everyday for progress. She moved on. "Oh thats wonderful!" She shook her head. "I thought i knew your name when Tambrey told me..."

She grinned. "Oh cool. Im thinking about making tiers to go through... i mean... We cant have a professional like you going against a beginner. Which... would you like to participate? Or if you want you can judge!" She smiled and looked to the stuff. She would be more then happy to explain her project. She and Tambrey were just working with onyx in general and bother were lamenting the fact it was so ridged and rock like all the way to their cells.

She touched her cheek with stitches. She had three holding the gash together. "I got lucky... " Well that and she was a chicken. She had run... She had been told to but she had already been... and she didnt wait to see that they followed the orders too... like Hayes Tam and Aulus had all done... And poor Lex... he just got unlucky. "It keeps me busy... and in the end... I just... " She shrugged it was obvious that she felt bad about being fine when there were people who were connected to ivs sucking on ice cubes.

She smiled. "Oh the Shaymin stuff? Yeah that was super lucky... And Aulu-um... Agent Aulus... found even more fur under the bed then what i found so we could have even more attempts. So far we arent very far in... and so far nothing... but im holding out hope!"

caffeinecraving

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff