Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:05 am
o.o; I remembered when people use to speculate about it around this time.

I see nothing about it,so lets start it off.

-What do you think will be the event?
-Are we gonna get an event?
-What's this about a Beachparty?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm
I'm not sure there will be an event as those of us older users know them. (Games, contests, HOLYJEEBUSPRIZESWITHOUTSPENDINGABAJILLIONGOLD)
I'm kinda guessing at this point that the 'beach party' will actually just be a new area in towns 2 or some dumb s**t like that.
(Seriously, does anyone REALLY use towns 2? I sodding hate it, the controls are clunky as ******** and it's stupidly resource intensive for a stupid little Flash thing...)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:37 pm
Queen Spazzy
I'm not sure there will be an event as those of us older users know them. (Games, contests, HOLYJEEBUSPRIZESWITHOUTSPENDINGABAJILLIONGOLD)
I'm kinda guessing at this point that the 'beach party' will actually just be a new area in towns 2 or some dumb s**t like that.
(Seriously, does anyone REALLY use towns 2? I sodding hate it, the controls are clunky as ******** and it's stupidly resource intensive for a stupid little Flash thing...)

A developer said he was trying to fix it and the fishing captcha issue while he has any free time he manages to get.

So it could be a bit before it stops being clunky.:3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

A developer said he was trying to fix it and the fishing captcha issue while he has any free time he manages to get.

Oh man, that fishing captcha. cat_gonk
And they went ahead with the summer tournament with the broken one, didn't they? Blech.
My bestie and I were out fishing a while back (since prices of stupid easy obtainable fish like guppies are way up) and we ended up giving up because we couldn't get captchas to go through.
My biggest problem is how resource intensive it is; I don't know about anyone else, but it takes a LOT of my available processing power to run it, and I dare not enter a busy area for fear of disconnecting/glitching.
My second biggest problem is that the arrows to move between areas pretty much NEVER work, it takes me ages to step just right and pass through to a different area.
It's a big pain and it's not like I have any friends to go in to chat with or anything, anyway, so I just don't bother since it's easier to hunt down bugs and stuff in old Towns and, despite their claims, old Towns is WAY less broken.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:54 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

Oh man, that fishing captcha. cat_gonk
And they went ahead with the summer tournament with the broken one, didn't they? Blech.
My bestie and I were out fishing a while back (since prices of stupid easy obtainable fish like guppies are way up) and we ended up giving up because we couldn't get captchas to go through.
My biggest problem is how resource intensive it is; I don't know about anyone else, but it takes a LOT of my available processing power to run it, and I dare not enter a busy area for fear of disconnecting/glitching.
My second biggest problem is that the arrows to move between areas pretty much NEVER work, it takes me ages to step just right and pass through to a different area.
It's a big pain and it's not like I have any friends to go in to chat with or anything, anyway, so I just don't bother since it's easier to hunt down bugs and stuff in old Towns and, despite their claims, old Towns is WAY less broken.

Codemonkey said he was trying everything he can to get the capchas to work for users.Since fishing runs on old programming it's posing a bit of a problem.That's what I read in SF anyway.@.@

Ugh,yeah hate that.Dx  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:31 pm
Yuki_Windira
Codemonkey said he was trying everything he can to get the capchas to work for users.Since fishing runs on old programming it's posing a bit of a problem.That's what I read in SF anyway.@.@

Ugh,yeah hate that.Dx

I think probably it would be more efficient to just take it down and redo it rather than keep trying to patch up outdated code...
I mean, honestly, trying to patch old code is like trying to patch leaks in a boat made of rotting wood.
They're already doing that with zOMG!, anyway, yeah?
I think the whole community could stand to lose games (that, honestly, what percentage of Gaians still use anyway since they're not profitable in our broken economy?) for a few months or whatever to get things that ACTUALLY work and aren't built on code so old it's mouldering.
But our priority at corporate is milking the GCash cow, isn't it...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Ugh,yeah hate that.Dx

I think probably it would be more efficient to just take it down and redo it rather than keep trying to patch up outdated code...
I mean, honestly, trying to patch old code is like trying to patch leaks in a boat made of rotting wood.
I think the whole community could stand to lose games (that, honestly, what percentage of Gaians still use anyway since they're not profitable in our broken economy?) for a few months or whatever to get things that ACTUALLY work and aren't built on code so old it's mouldering.
I'd love an update for Blackjack and Slots.;.;

o.o Hm,an updated fishing game sounds like fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:41 pm
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Ugh,yeah hate that.Dx

Ohh, yeah, that'd be nice!
I'd like an update to fishing that lets me use my keyboard or something, I have an insanely hard time trying to play on my laptop with my touchpad.
(And I have a serious inability to use a mouse (there's also the fact that I don't own a mouse); once you get used to a pen tablet, you can never use a mouse again!)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira

Ugh,yeah hate that.Dx

Ohh, yeah, that'd be nice!
I'd like an update to fishing that lets me use my keyboard or something, I have an insanely hard time trying to play on my laptop with my touchpad.
(And I have a serious inability to use a mouse (there's also the fact that I don't own a mouse); once you get used to a pen tablet, you can never use a mouse again!)

I'd like to play against Ian and them. emotion_kirakira ~dreams on~
With slots it'd be nice to hit a BIG jackpot.=w=

It's hard using the mousepad on fishing,heck even with a mouse it wasn't easy.<->;  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games