0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Finarfin
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Child of Finarfin (please specify)
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Maedhros/Maglor (see other options w/parentheses)
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Celegorm/Caranthir/Curufin
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Amrod/Amras
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Londo Mollari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 pm
Finrod has always been my favorite of the Noldor, with Galadriel a close second. I always thought it was admirable that he foresaw his own death but faced it unflinchingly regardless.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:57 pm
I still go with Fingolfin razz  

churrlo

Faerie Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 pm
My favorite would definitely be Maedhros. He's the least crazy of the 7 sons, at least in my opinion. What with all the suffering he went through at the hands of Morgoth, I have a deep respect for him. I know if I lost my right hand I probably wouldn't have the dedication to learn to wield a sword even better with my left. Plus the red hair is awesome.

I also like the Ambarussa, Amrod and Amras. Twins are always awesome, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 pm
I wish I could see them all in the movie, he was definitely one of my favorites as well, it's too bad that he kept to the oath though sad  

churrlo

Nerienda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:20 pm
I always wondered what thoughts might have gone through Finarfin's head, watching all his children as well as his half-brother head to Middle-Earth while he remained behind...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm
Either deep sadness or complete relief....suppose it depends on who's left behind with him.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:36 am
I completely agree, he probably felt both though...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:28 am
Maglor. 'Nuff said.  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:21 pm
For some reason I really like Curufin, despite his and Celegorm's treatment of Luthien. Something about the darkness of his personality has always attracted, and the fact that he was the father of Celebrimor.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 am
The Crafty... I've never much liked any of the other sons of Feanor. I find it difficult to forgive cruel characters unless there is something interesting or captivating about them, like Opal Koboi or Count Olaf or Draco Malfoy... although Malfoy may just be because I write so much fanfiction...  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Shin Kokuu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:04 am
I would have to say Fingolfin, though Finrod Felagund would be a close second.

The battle between Fingolfin and Morgoth during the Dagor Bragollach was one of the few times I actually shed a tear (the other being Hurin at the climax of the Battle of Unnumbered Tears). In many ways you could say he knew he was going to his death but faced it courageously, whereas Morgoth not only feared Fingolfin, but only engaged him to avoid shaming himself before his servants.

I could have loved Maedhros, despite my overall lack of affection for the Sons of Fëanor, but he was too far ingrained within the oath despite his nobler actions. He was one of the more tragic elements within the House of Finwë.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:26 pm
I've always liked Maglor 'cuz he seemed to be the most gentle of the Sons of Feanor, most willing to reconcile. He wasn't going to steal the Silmaril but for his idiot brother. And he took care of lil' Elrond and Elros. And he was a mighty singer, skilled with a harp...  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas