Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Demon Country [Arc]
[ 哲人の研究所 ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:44 pm
User Image

The Philosopher's Laboratory

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:39 pm
User Image

⓶ Years Later All conversations that were unfinished can be finished in Pm. Please make sure to update your character. heart

Jai Bait

Demonic Widow

5,525 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Divorced 100

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Time seemed relative to Tomiji now. He had wandered the continent for years, coming and going in places as he wished, but in all his travels, he had never come across a land like this. Around every corner he could feel power surging and emanating. Bing surrounded by it all was almost intoxicating to the former Kirigakure Jounin and it seemed he had at last found what he sought. Power. "Hello" He called out into the building, and sat waiting for a reply before daring to enter the structure.

Jounin - Rogue - Taijutsu Master - Hyuuga - Raiken

SPEED: 8 + 1 = 9
                                                        STRENGTH: 8 + 1 = 9
                                                        CP: 200/200

Passive:
                                                        Mirror Image Taijutsu (+1/+1)
                                                        Byakugan
                                                        Raiken - Lightning and Magnetism Manipulation - No Handsigns for Raiton
                                                        - 5 Cost to Taijutsu Styles

Dii of Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 pm

XXXXXXUser Image

xxxxxIn the two years she had traveled about the great villages but not for more than half a year. It didn't take long for the call of her lab to bring her back home. She had gathered so much knowledge. So much she'd feared her brain may burst. By the time Sophia had returned to her lab she had three notebooks full of new ideas and observations. New theories ranging from medicines to explosives to even a study in alkali metals. She now sat pouring over her notes from a recent study of a new nerve agent. Her pen hastily scrawled as the test rat suffered the last few moments of its life. It was effective, if slow. Suddenly a voice called out. A voice she did not recognize. Who dared intrude? Dared to disrupt her studies. Sophia Stepped into the hallway and faced the main door where the visitor sat waiting. "Curious stranger. Calling forth from my doorway. Why do you beckon? The haiku came out in a rhythmic sing song tone.

Kitten Kashensu

Credit: Hadou! He's the best!

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A curious question for a curious stranger is seemed. The voice carried like a song, short and sweet, gliding on the air. And he was rewarded with the sight of a young looking woman. Even all the way down the hallway, he could feel her purple eyes drilling a hole into his chest. "Why do I beckon? So that I could see your face. Why else would I call? A haiku for a haiku. I am merely a traveler, doing what all travelers do: seek power. And it is why I have come to stand in your doorway in this strange and far away land. I did not expect to meet one as beautiful and talented as yourself." He bent over at his waist, sweeping one hand across his chest as he bowed before the white haired woman. "My name is Tomiji Hyuuga, and may I inquire as to what I should call you?"

Passive:
                                                        Byakugan

Dii of Babylon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:21 pm

XXXXXXUser Image

xxxxxHer brow arched. This newcomer offered sustenance to her curiosity. He seemed to be able to play well but returning her poetry with one of his own. He seemed clever but then he spoke of something as vapid as power. But even as cliche as his claim to search was, it was still intriguing. And his flattery did help him along a fair bit. She didn't care what other people thought of her, but it didn't hurt to have the ego fluffed. "I am known by many names. You may call me Paracelsus for now." She used her given title and waited for Tomiji to rise from the bow. She turned on heel and delved back into the heart of her lab, the library, while calling after him. "Enter Tomiji Hyuuga. Let's see what we can do about this hunger for power."

xxxxxThe library was not expansive but it was stacked with books. Shelves laden with scrolls, texts, and novels. Stacks of dictionaries and encyclopedias occupied the corners. Sophia cleared two chairs of her research notes and directed him to sit. She approached an empty tea pot and removed the lid. Her hands hovered, cupped, just above the opening. With little effort on her part water began to suddenly collect from the air and funnel through her hands down into the pot. Once she was satisfied with the amount of liquid in side she shut the lid and placed both hands on the sides of the pot. Then without warning, steam began rise in waves from the spout until the pot was whistling loudly. She slid one hand beneath the pot to hold and continue to facilitate the boiling while her other hand gathered two cups and a tea box and set them upon the wooden coffee table. She opened the box for her guest to inspect while her hands returned to holding the pot between them. Inside the tea box were hand crafted tea satchels, each bore a tag with a name ranging from relaxation to health to one that simply said 'Poppy's Waltz'. Most were straightforward but a few, like Poppy's, were cryptic. She was curious which tea he would select, if he chose to. "I crafted each of these myself. As well as tested them personally. Dying to know which one strikes your fancy."

Kitten Kashensu

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Walking quietly through the hallway, Tomiji followed the woman who had chosen to be referred to as Paracelsus. It was an odd name, something of a rarity, and a name that seemed more fitting for an old, pudgy doctor, instead of the creature who had greeted him. He stepped into the room, just in time to see water pour from her hands, and almost instantly boil. He saw as she motioned to her tea collection, and followed. He looked them over, before making a choice. "Hmmm, what a curious name for a mixture, Poppy's Waltz. The rest of these I have tried before in my travels, or at least heard of, but this is different. It shall be worth a try I suppose." He took a seat at the small table and relaxed his tired muscles.

Passive:
                                                        Byakugan

Dii of Babylon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:07 pm

XXXXXXUser Image

xxxxxHis choice was fascinating. It showed an adventurous curious nature. She smiled knowingly and plucked up the tea choice. One for her guest and another for herself. With the tea distributed to their cups. The moment the scalding water hit the contents of the tea bag heavy spice aroma filled the room. The liquid turned a deep red. As they waited for the tea to steep, Sophia divulged a little information on the contents, "You can smell the spices right? They're meant to make it... pleasing, I suppose. To comfort. This tea, without comfort, what be quite unbearable. The main ingredient comes for the poppy flower. Which is used, with a little work, to make a drug called opium. It relaxes the body and gives a sense of euphoria. Extended use can offer hallucinations. It is deadly and addictive. That drug is without a doubt in this tea, but not immediately harmful. Enjoy." She took up the cup and sipped at the tea. She was curious if he would still drink it. The dosage of opium was low but enough that after a few minutes the high would hit. Any pain would be muted and they would feel as if their brains were risen to a higher mental state. Even with as low of a dosage the tea was still dangerous and could stop a man's heart if enough cups were abused.

Kitten Kashensu

Dii of Babylon

Divine Associate

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Tomiji looked at the cup, curious at first. Was it the truth, or was it a lie? Were the side effects truly as benign as she had made them out to seem? These questions among others raced through his head for but a brief moment. After a slight pause and a moment of hesitation, he lifted the cup to his lips and took a small sip. It was smooth, but he could sense a myriad of flavors underneath. Some of the flavors he could name, others were foreign to him, and he assumed the most powerful flavor was that of the poppy. He placed the cup down on the table and took a deep breath, waiting for the tea to take full effect in his bloodstream. "It is a rather... tasty blend of tea, and certainly unlike anything I have ever tried before, of that, I am certain. Tell, how did one such as yourself develop a taste for powerful drugs?"

Passive:
                                                        Byakugan

Dii of Babylon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 am
User ImageUser Image

Kala and Artemis met back at the door of this place, both sensing some sort of life within. Kala had gone through most residential places, and found no sources of life except for growing mold. Artemis had come up with the same in her investigation, the entire place was a dead end. Hopeful, she knocked on the door. Perhaps they would know something about the people they were looking for. Beside her, the restless tiger poofed out of the area- her summons no longer needed.
                                          #FF9999
                                          User Image

Dii of Babylon

Kitten Kashensu

Jai Bait

Demonic Widow

5,525 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • Hellraiser 500
    • Divorced 100
    Demon Country [Arc]

Manage Your Items