Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Relationships
Almost fresh out of boot camp

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scootin Dadimir Putin

Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:44 pm
So I joined on with the Navy, hearing all about the "New Navy" and how it was supposedly more gay friendly than the old Navy and much more accepting about things. However, after making it through boot camp and having the ships officer pretty much joke about gays being at the graduation and how it would be weird to see two dudes holding hands at RTC. Now I am back in FL and in A School it seems to be just like a high school environment, a s**t ton of teasing and s**t like that. I was hoping that finding a relationship or something meaningful would be easy, but now that I am in the military it seems extremely more difficult. Then having to explain that I am a furry on top of that, yeah, things probably wont be going well in the relationship department any time soon

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to become a bit more active and get this stuff off my mind. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 pm
You thought that joining an organization filled to the brim with meat heads and ******** ups was going to be totally gay friendly and accepting? That ******** hilarious. Even worse is that you went Navy.

Good luck man.

Sorry for coming off as dickish but ive been living within the military since the day I was born and I see people that thought it would be different all the time. Its the military...  

Hogosha neko

Scootin Dadimir Putin

Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:22 pm
Hogosha neko
You thought that joining an organization filled to the brim with meat heads and ******** ups was going to be totally gay friendly and accepting? That ******** hilarious. Even worse is that you went Navy.

Good luck man.

Sorry for coming off as dickish but ive been living within the military since the day I was born and I see people that thought it would be different all the time. Its the military...

Not all of it is bad; I was having a pretty bad day.
I mean yeah the jokes get old as ********, but it got me out of some serious s**t at home, mostly my own self pity and wallowing in depression, but at least here I am kinda being watched over.

The military's not all it's cracked up to be, but it's not the worst place to be.  
Relationships

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games