Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]
Chakra Regen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 pm
So this is something that's bothered me for a while now.

We need to have an out of combat Regen system, rather than just instantly gaining back your chakra when u move threads after a battle.

This is what I've got so far.

In combat (Combat is defined as using chakra within 2 posts) you Regen 1% of your maximum per post.

Out of combat, you Regen 10% of your maximum per post.

Resting in your Home (being in your home, rping in your home, etc) will Regen 25% per post, up to 125% of your maximum.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm
No regen whatsoever in battle.

Everything else is agreeable, except the 125%. Are you suggesting a skyrim-like chakra cap boost from sleeping in a bed?  

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm
thefire158
No regen whatsoever in battle.

Everything else is agreeable, except the 125%. Are you suggesting a skyrim-like chakra cap boost from sleeping in a bed?

i'm suggesting it for the homes that already give small home field boosts. This 125% would only last for like, 3 posts, and is designed for fights that happen in your home.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:26 pm
May also need to factor in BL, Clan, Demons that give enhanced regen.  

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:00 pm
Eplc Death
May also need to factor in BL, Clan, Demons that give enhanced regen.

they would add onto this regen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 pm
I don't know if a regen is necessary if the user has moved threads. I think the rule should just be that if you leave the thread and enter another, you regen your chakra. That seems to have been working for quite a while, and you don't really need to fix what isn't broken.  

City in Slumber

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm
City in Slumber
I don't know if a regen is necessary if the user has moved threads. I think the rule should just be that if you leave the thread and enter another, you regen your chakra. That seems to have been working for quite a while, and you don't really need to fix what isn't broken.

Actually it is broken. Very broken. In fact, it is probably one of the guilds major Achilles heels. In no other guild that is of this class can one spend all of their chakra, stamina, ect what have you and regain it all simply by walking a hundred yards over into another thread. It is extremely broken and in need of fixing. Lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:25 pm
Eplc Death
City in Slumber

Actually it is broken. Very broken. In fact, it is probably one of the guilds major Achilles heels. In no other guild that is of this class can one spend all of their chakra, stamina, ect what have you and regain it all simply by walking a hundred yards over into another thread. It is extremely broken and in need of fixing. Lol.
Urgh, it's generally implied that if you go to a different thread and therefore a different location, it's been a while and you've regained chakra.

That being said, this could definitely be a major issue during an arc or a war where there's a lot of fighting in a short amount of time. I think a simple 10% regen of max chakra per post outside of battle would be fine, then. Resting at home for 25% is good, gives incentive for people to actually get a house.

How are we gonna define a 'post' in this case, then? 3 sentences like in training or an actual physical post in a thread?  

City in Slumber

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:44 pm
City in Slumber
Urgh, it's generally implied that if you go to a different thread and therefore a different location, it's been a while and you've regained chakra.

Generally implied? Not exactly. You see. I can make a post in Kirigakure's gates and then the country side. While that theory is nice and all, it isn't very practical and hasn't stopped people from exploiting it. Like. Ever. Not even once. Lol. Part of the job of crew is to fix things that are system breaking and not looking the other way just because something sounds nice in theory, while we could test this theory, it has been tested and failed. Thus the reason Wings, a former VC, felt the need to bring this issue up.

City in Slumber
That being said, this could definitely be a major issue during an arc or a war where there's a lot of fighting in a short amount of time.

Exactly the point I made above. To why if someone is generally active, regardless of event, it can be exploited.

City in Slumber

I think a simple 10% regen of max chakra per post outside of battle would be fine, then. Resting at home for 25% is good, gives incentive for people to actually get a house.

Nothing to say to this. Lol, simply a part of the system that you feel would be adequate.

City in Slumber

How are we gonna define a 'post' in this case, then? 3 sentences like in training or an actual physical post in a thread?

This will probably be decided by those who make the system tbh. Though I'm certain they will take inputs.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:03 pm
I think in this case, a post should be a full fledged reply, not just three sentences. Otherwise I would just posts 30 sentences in a block and be done with it  

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Panthers7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:16 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
So this is something that's bothered me for a while now.

We need to have an out of combat Regen system, rather than just instantly gaining back your chakra when u move threads after a battle.

This is what I've got so far.

In combat (Combat is defined as using chakra within 2 posts) you Regen 1% of your maximum per post.

Out of combat, you Regen 10% of your maximum per post.

Resting in your Home (being in your home, rping in your home, etc) will Regen 25% per post, up to 125% of your maximum.
Regen in combat seems fine only when you aren't using chakra after a set amount of posts. Say maybe [3] posts without chakra being utilized, there can be some regen of chakra.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:15 pm
Eplc Death
City in Slumber

Generally implied? Not exactly. You see. I can make a post in Kirigakure's gates and then the country side. While that theory is nice and all, it isn't very practical and hasn't stopped people from exploiting it. Like. Ever. Not even once. Lol. Part of the job of crew is to fix things that are system breaking and not looking the other way just because something sounds nice in theory, while we could test this theory, it has been tested and failed. Thus the reason Wings, a former VC, felt the need to bring this issue up.

City in Slumber
That being said, this could definitely be a major issue during an arc or a war where there's a lot of fighting in a short amount of time.

Exactly the point I made above. To why if someone is generally active, regardless of event, it can be exploited.

City in Slumber

I think a simple 10% regen of max chakra per post outside of battle would be fine, then. Resting at home for 25% is good, gives incentive for people to actually get a house.

Nothing to say to this. Lol, simply a part of the system that you feel would be adequate.

City in Slumber

This will probably be decided by those who make the system tbh. Though I'm certain they will take inputs.

Uh... I wasn't arguing with you at all. I was literally just discussing the logistics of things.

And yes, it 'generally' is. Generally means specifically 'not always'. I'm aware I was agreeing with the points you made because I was, y'know, agreeing with you, not trying to argue.

I'll just back off this entire thread though, new crew what do I know lul.  

City in Slumber

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 pm
City in Slumber
Eplc Death
City in Slumber

City in Slumber

City in Slumber

City in Slumber

Uh... I wasn't arguing with you at all. I was literally just discussing the logistics of things.

And yes, it 'generally' is. Generally means specifically 'not always'. I'm aware I was agreeing with the points you made because I was, y'know, agreeing with you, not trying to argue.

I'll just back off this entire thread though, new crew what do I know lul.

Lol I wasn't arguing either I was simply stating why the generally didn't apply here. I do know what generally means but I was simply stating it doesn't work that way which is why we have people trying to fix it. Again, I wasn't arguing, your opinion is welcome, new crew or not you ARE crew. Lol sorry if you took the way I was typing the wrong way, wasn't meant to be that way.  
Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games