Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:18 pm
Shoyo observed her attempt closely, tilting his head slightly in confusion at the ball's path. He mimed the movements again, walking himself through the process step by step. "Where it hits your hand is important," he decided. He curled his hand into a fist, patting the heel on the pinky side, "Here," he turned the fist to a side to indicate the flat area at the base of the thumb, "or here. Where you hit the ball is important too; you wanna hit it near the bottom, but not too much on the bottom or it'll just go straight up."

Clear and concise explanations were a challenge for people like Shoyo who moved primarily on instinct and muscle memory, but he did his best to guide Nicolette through the fundamentals of serving, receiving a serve, and jumping to block at the net - he focused primarily on activities that necessitated a net to experience properly, since their time with the court was limited. Eventually the phone that he had left by the door with his other belongings beeped shrilly.

"Oh, that's the alarm I set," he said, tugging his sleeve up to wipe the side of his face as he jogged over to silence the device - and to check the time; he couldn't believe that an hour had passed already. He turned back to Nicolette with a disappointed frown, "I guess that means it's time to go."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:47 pm
With Shoyo's instruction, Nicolette managed to mostly succeed in serving and receiving, but less so with blocking. As she expected, the practice session was a great deal of fun, especially with such an eager and enthusiastic teacher, but when his alarm went off, she found herself grateful for the break. It wasn't as intense as she thought it'd be - an idea borne both of what she'd read the night before as well as watching the match on Shoyo's phone earlier - but it was still more of a work out than she was used to. "Ah, okay," she said, straightening up and shifting her grip on the ball she had, instead of following through the motions to serve it once more like she'd been about to do before his alarm went off. "So... What now? Should we practice more somewhere else, or should we finish practicing for today?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:17 pm
"Hmmmm..." An hour wasn't very long, but with only two people and no net, they were once again very limited in the kinds of activities they could do. Oh, but there was something else important that he was forgetting about, right? "Oh yeah, conditioning! We can go somewhere else and I can show you some exercises and stuff that are good for conditioning your body for volleyball! Also!" He pointed sharply at Nicolette - or, more specifically, at the blue and yellow ball in her hands. "That ball, I'm lending it to you, so you can practice with it whenever you want!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:47 pm
"Oh!" Oh, right, there was conditioning they could do! She remembered that from yesterday. But, oh? "You are?" She asked, eyebrows arching in surprise. He was really letting her borrow his volleyball to practice with? It did appear as if he had two, but still... "That's so kind of you," Nicolette said with a bright smile, shifting the ball a little in her hands. "Thank you! I'm going to practice a lot with it!"

Speaking of practice... "I think going somewhere else to work on conditioning would be good," she agreed with a nod of her head as she jogged over to join Shoyo near the door. Conditioning wasn't something she'd researched the night before, and so she was very curious as to what it entailed.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 pm
He grinned a broad, bright grin and snatched his bag up from the floor, moving towards the door with long strides, energized by their activity for the last hour, "Okay! Let's go!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff