Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 pm
He leaned his head in the other direction. "Must be pretty tough not being able to communicate with words and stuff," he marveled aloud. He gave the Luvdisc a bright smile and returned to an upright posture, his hands on his hips as he addressed Nicolette, "Doesn't look like she prefers either of them, but I don't think she hates them either! Do you wanna flip a coin?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:22 pm
The small water-type let out a sigh; it was indeed pretty tough not being able to communicate with words and stuff. At least he wasn't trying to ask anymore.

"Oh, um..." Nicolette straightened up and put her dex away, then rummaged through her bag a little before frowning softly at Shoyo. "I don't have a coin.. But, that's okay," she decided suddenly as she clapped her hands together once, then tented her fingers together in front of her mouth as she frowned, thinking more. She didn't really want to leave it to chance anyway. Hmm... She did really like both names, but... "I think Lovie suits her better," the girl decided after a few more moments, then lowered her hands to address the luvdisc, "Does that sound okay for a name?"

The luvdisc, who still didn't have a preference, made what was probably an affirmative noise.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 pm
"Lovie, huh?" He nodded his approval, "I think that sounds great! It suits her!" The Luvdisc didn't really seem particularly excited about it, but it didn't look like she hated it, so he supposed that was the best they would get. He turned and pointed to the pokemon center, "Let's go get the pokeball ownership transferred over, then!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 pm
Nicolette beamed happily as she knelt down again, offering Shoyo an excited "okay!" while she held her hands out to the luvdisc. When it didn't seem averse to her attention, the girl scooped the little pokemon up into her arms and, along with her friend, headed into the pokemon center.

The process to transfer ownership of the luvdisc from Shoyo to Nicolette was short and took only a few minutes from start to finish, and once they were done, Nicolette moved away from the counter with Lovie in her arms, bouncing on her toes a little and positively gleeful over her new pokemon. "Thank you again, Shoyo! She's so cute!"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:25 pm
Transferring pokemon ownership was a simple task, though if what Shoyo had been led to believe about pokedexes was accurate, it could have been even simpler with the proper software at his disposal. But it was done and was no hassle as it was, and so the boy had nothing to complain about.

"No problem!" he replied, mirroring Nicolette's brightness in his own expression, "I'm glad you like her!" The pokemon seemed pretty well-suited to Nicolette, after all, so he was glad that she had been willing to take it in. He doubted his mother would have wanted to look after a pokemon, so it probably would have just been left in the lake otherwise. He pulled his phone out briefly to glance at the time. "Ah, I should probably get going, though" he said as he buried it back in his pocket. "I wanna go for a quick run before dinner; those long rides are killer on your legs."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:05 pm
In response, she merely continued to smile brightly and hugged the Luvdisc just a little bit tighter - but not too tight, of course. "Hm? Oh, yeah, because you're sitting for such a long time, right?" While she enjoyed traveling, it was always oddly tiresome to sit for extended periods and not be able to move. She was a little sad that he had to leave so soon - and they didn't even get to practice or anything - but exercising was important, as was dinner. "All right, I'll -- oh!" She stopped abruptly, surprised at herself for forgetting something so important. "Hold on!" So saying, she carefully set Lovie down on a nearby table so she could rummage through her bag a little, and promptly withdrew a clear plastic container full of cookies that she held out to him. "Here, this is for you! I didn't know what kind of cookies you like, so I made a bunch of different kinds."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:24 pm
He nodded his confirmation, alternating between standing on each leg to stretch the other. He'd recovered from most of the jelly-fying effects of the long bus ride already, but he was still feeling a little too stiff and sluggish for his tastes. He paused though when she called for him to wait, placing both his feet on the ground and tilting his head to a side in curious expectation. He blinked briefly at the presented container before his expression was swarmed with surprise and gratitude, his hands lifted to either side hesitantly, as if unsure whether or not he should really take it. "For me, seriously?! Are you sure?!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:47 pm
She nodded enthusiastically, her smile still bright, "Of course! I made them for you, after all, as a 'thank you' for giving me Lovie," she explained, bouncing on her toes once or twice.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm
Discounting his mother and sister, Shoyo couldn't remember ever receiving a gift from a girl, not even on Valentine's Day - although if he thought about it, he wondered if maybe he shouldn't have been thinking of Nicolette as a girl since they were practicing sports together...

Either way, he was appreciative nonetheless, and at her confirmation he received the little container of sweets, holding it gingerly so that he wouldn't drop it and wearing an immense sense of gratefulness and bewilderment in his features. He rounded his shoulders and held it a little closer to himself once he had made certain of its weight and fragility, "Th-Thank you! I'll take them right home so they don't get all jostled!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 pm
Nicolette, who frequently made baked goods to give to various friends, was rather surprised at just how grateful Shoyo seemed to be over the cookies. Everyone usually was appreciative to varying degrees, but he seemed rather... much, much more appreciative than that, and she wasn't entirely sure why or what to think of it besides be glad that he was so happy. "You're very welcome," she said happily as she turned to scoop up her new Luvdisc again. "Don't worry about them, they're not super fragile or anything. I mean, you probably shouldn't purposefully shake them a lot, but some jostling should be fine," she explained with a nod.

Fortunately for Shoyo, the container didn't seem very fragile at all, and was in fact quite sturdy.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 pm
Regardless of the container's durability or the cookies' tolerance to jostling, it was a present, and presents were to be treated with care. Still, he supposed she had a point, and so he stopped holding the parcel as if were some kind of precious heirloom. "Oh, I guess so," he acquiesced, feeling a bit silly for having been so worked up about it, even if only briefly. This, too, passed in a moment, and then he was beaming again, turning a foot towards the door in motion to depart, "Anyway, I'll message you later - maybe tomorrow or something - to figure out our next practice, okay? Thanks again for the cookies!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:50 pm
"Okay!" Nicolette replied with a nod and a bright smile, hugging Lovie to her with one arm as she raised her other in a wave farewell. "You're welcome again! See you later!"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out