Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:15 pm
'Juxtaposition'. 'Magnanimity'. 'Permeates'. Who the hell was Lafcadio Hearn? The book she'd picked up from the deepest, darkest, and dustiest reaches of the library was... not one she was following. At all. In fact, she'd gone over about ten pages and still found herself as lost as she had in the first paragraph. Maybe it was a dated book, maybe it was out of her reading level for English- but she was determined, 'Architecture and Democracy' was something she was ready to conquer. As soon as she found a dictionary, or perhaps a personal interpreter... Aija had taken the book she'd found and sat at a desk, grumbling quietly to herself as she looked over the words and tried to decipher them; she noted them down in her journal, picking out phrases and words that she thought she'd want to remember, and leading enough space to right definitions and explanations later, once she had enough of a headache to throw the book back from the hell whence it came.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:30 pm
There had never been a time in his life when Zacharie didn't enjoy spending time in a library and as he silently slipped into the recreation room that served as Team Rocket's library and inhaled the comfortingly familiar smell of bound paper, he doubted there ever would be. "Deeeeerling?" Meana cooed softly from down at his feet, her wide, grey eyes peering about the room. "Come on, let's find a place to sit." He murmured, adjusting his bag slung over his shoulder as he set off towards a table where a small, pink haired girl was hunched over a book. "...I'm going to sit here." He stated firmly, setting his bag into the seat which he planned to sit on before wandering over to a bookshelf. The teen muttered quietly under his breath as he skimmed the books before carefully pulling 'Fifty Plants that Changed the Course of History' from the shelf and shuffling back over to flop into his seat.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm
Aija looked up as the newcomer decided he'd be sitting at her table too. Was this his usual table? Why this table? There were other tables! Or maybe it was fate, maybe he was really good with English and could help her. Aija quietly watching as the boy found himself a book and came back.

Aija grinned, head tilted to the side. "You like reading? Are you good at it? Do you know many words?" She asked, leaning up on the table to talk quietly to him. "Perhaps, if you are smart in many English words, you would be able to teach to me some words... do you know who Laf-kay-D-O Hair-n is? Here!" She slid her old, rather uninteresting book across the table to him, pointing out the name. "See? Who is this man, why does he have such weird name?" She was practically crawling on the table now, having to pull herself over so far to reach this purple-haired guy and keep her voice down. She hadn't seen any librarian in action(if there even was one), but she didn't want the wrath of a terrorist librarian...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:05 pm
...It appeared he had picked the wrong table to sit at.

He had only just opened his book when the girl across from him began her interrogation. Zacharie waited, quietly pulling Meana up into his lap, until her questioning stopped. "I do like reading and have always been an advanced reader for my age. I do in fact have an extensive vocabulary." He assured, leaning back as she climbed closer. What was she doing? Tables were not for crawling on! "'Liiiing?" The Deerling leaned back as well, ducking her head beneath her trainer's arm to hide from the weird girl. "If you would like some help in extending your vocabulary I would be happy to help..." He glanced down at the others book, quickly skimming the page to try and get an understanding who she was talking about. "Lafcadio Hearn...it says here that he was an international writer that was known for his books about Japan." He explained, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Why on Earth are you reading about," He picked the book up to take a look at the front cover. "'Architecture and Democracy'?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 pm
Aha! So this guy was smart! Maybe a little timid(his pokemon too), but Aija could definitely use his help. He knew big words and he said them nicely too! This was the walking, interactive dictionary she needed.

"Great! I like you, mister," she said with a grin, watching him look over the book. Oh, so... some guy who wrote about Japan. Interesting. Kind of. She supposed Japan had something to do with architecture and democracy. Somehow. "Well, why are you not reading about it, huh? Surely someone as smart as you would want to learn all there is too learn, yes, mister expensive vocabulary?" She paused, her grin turning to a pout and she laid on the table, cheeks his in hands. "Was reading it because I hope for it to better my English. I do not have the, um... best English... am much worse at writing and reading it, too..." She looked over at her journal, where her English words were scribbled, and the rest of her notes were in standard Latvian or Russian, whichever she'd decided translated best. "Have heard that, reading much will make you better at a language. So, I am here. Book? It is random."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 am
"Mister extensive vocabulary." Zacharie corrected automatically. "Expensive means that it costs a lot of money. Extensive means covering or affecting a large area." He explained, continuing to browse the book in his hands. "And I'm not reading a book on Architecture and Democracy because it does not pertain to my interests." The teen paused before clarifying. "It doesn't have anything to do with the work that I do so I don't see a need in knowing it." He said simply as he laid the book back down on the table.

He nodded in understanding at her reasoning as he idly scratched behind his Deerling's ears. "I think..." He began slowly, his eyes darting around to the shelves surrounding them. "I think that a simpler and more relevant book would be more useful to you. Or perhaps looking through the dictionary." He suggested with a slight smile. "It'd make it easier on you and if you read the dictionary you'll learn new words while learning their definition as well. Instead of seeing a word and then trying to figure out what it means from context clues."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces