Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:18 am
Clancy grinned; he did like expressions like that, and was pleased to have been able to share it.
"Oh, I got a boatload o' them sorta sayin's." He raised his eyebrows then; the not-a-mudkip thingy (wooper, he reminded himself) had been a 'joining gift' of a sort... He was suddenly -very- grateful that he'd been assigned Clerval; at least the yellow thing had a few useful traits.

"Eh. Can blame that on two things t' be honest; m' parents have the same accent and they ain't lost it so I kept on pickin' it up there; and a tiny bit o' heritage pride. Tiny bit." He shrugged with a slightly more bashful grin; it wasn't often he admitted that- and once he even -had- tried to get rid of the accent, but, thankfully, he thought now, it had decided to fight back and stick around. He doubted, by now, he'd ever be able to lose it completely.
"Ah, body suits... Surfin' followed by a steamin' fish and chip meal... That's what I'd like t' be doin' right now."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:38 pm
"A boatload, huh?" Another thing she could appreciate were phrases like that that were tied to the ocean. Boats were fun.

Well, those two made sense, she supposed, and so she shrugged. "You can take the fish out of the ocean, but you can't take the ocean out of the fish," she quipped with a wry smile. "Ohhh, surfing and fish and chips -- ohhh that sounds so good," she sighed, stretching her arms up and leaning back a little before flopping her arms forward with a long sigh. "Or jetskiing or parasailing or something. Hell, even just plain swimming would be awesome at this point." She'd have to get into the ocean at least once before winter hit. Had to.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:59 am
"Boatload." Clancy restated with a nod; he had had a hunch that one would go down well.
"Aye; that's rather apt. I like that." He mused, mulling over what Candice had just said; it, of course, rather fit his codename as well. Maybe he'd adopt it as some kind of personal motto or something.

"Well... They ain't quite the seaside, or the lake, but y'know they got bloomin' swimmin' pools down here? For training and the like. I know 'em rather bloody well by now; cleaned 'em a few times."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:32 am
"I thought you might," Candice replied slyly. She'd have to think of as many water-related phrases as she possibly could for this guy - that sounded like fun.

Her eyes widened and she slapped her hands onto her cheeks in her shock, "We have a swimming pool?! Holy s**t how did I not know about this, why did no one tell me this where is it?" She ended abruptly, her hands falling to her sides in tight fists in her eagerness. Oh god there was a pool and she could go swimming in it and why hadn't she been told that immediately, that wasn't fair - that was bs, she called bs so hard. So hard.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am
"Yeah, they have all sorts of doodads and wotsits goin' on in rooms; training rooms. So, uh. Yeah. It's kinda shared with pokémon, but well, so's the lake and the ocean right? 'S supposed to be to help train water types, but, yeah, no reason people can't use it right? No one's told me people can't bloody use it anyway."
He smirked at her eagerness and then scratched his head.
"Uh. Y' got one of them bloomin', beepin' 'dex wotsits? Know 'ow to use the map? 'S fairly clearly marked once y' get there, but you've gotta go through a bunch o' these halls and not all the room's 'ave pools." He frowned a little, remembering a room that seemed to be 'fire' themed as far as he could tell... at least, when he'd popped his head in out of curiosity.
"Y'know, it's a good job we don't 'ave health and safety inspections..." He mused, assuming, anyway, that that wasn't a thing around here.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 am
"Training rooms, huh? For pokemon?" No wonder she hadn't been anywhere near those, since she didn't really bother with the two that she had. She still didn't see exactly why she needed to have them, but whatever...

At his question, she hastily fumbled for her 'dex and attempted to flip through various screens to get to the map, which she squinted at once she did find it. "These maps are always so hard to figure out, they're so big and so many floors..." She squinted more, ignoring every other comment in favor of locating the pool as quickly as possible. "Which floor's the pool on?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:29 am
"Aye. Some smart little chap- Zacharie- has got some kinda... Porywotsit living in 'is 'dex. Seems to help out a bit; makes 'em a bit easier... But, uh... Pool. 'S gotta a 4 in it. 'S the one above barracks and livin' quarters. Floor 'bove home." Well, for grunts and trainees anyway, but that was 'home' to him, anyway for now...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm
She didn't have any idea what sort of thing would live in a 'dex but either way it hardly mattered to her, so busy was she looking for the pool. "Above barracks," she repeated quietly as she frowned over her 'dex, one finger hovering over the display as she looked for it. "Aha! Found it!" Candice suddenly shouted with a triumphant grin, and Wooper toppled over backwards in surprise, and then kind of stayed there with a vacant smile on its face. His trainer didn't pay him any mind at this point. "Man, that isn't too far.. I wonder why I never noticed it before now," she said with a deep frown. Seriously, how had she never noticed it? And why had no one told her? Ugh, the jerks. Oh well! At least she knew it was there now, and she made a mental note to go there all the time. All the time.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:59 pm
Well, that was energetic.
Clancy inadvertently took a half step back.

He couldn't help but grin though, at the question; he felt like, maybe, he had some inkling.
"Eh. Well, it /is/ marked as a pokémon trainin' room really..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:43 pm
...ah, that made sense then. "Ohh, I see." She frowned and raised a hand to tap one finger on her cheek, and made a mental note to go swimming there regardless. No one was gonna tell her not to do one of her favorite things ever, that was for sure. "Well, that doesn't matter. I'm gonna swim in it anyway," she said with a shrug as she shut off her dex and put it away.

Wooper remained on his back on the floor, though occasionally he did wave one of his small feet around a little.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 pm
"Fair 'nuff!" Clancy grinned and a slight nod indicated, perhaps, that he rather approved. "Think I'll be takin' a leaf outta y'r book too; ain't no bloody reason we can't swim in it, eh? Swimmin's trainin' f'r us as well."

He tried to ignore whatever the tiny mutant was doing now...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:24 pm
"Exactly!" Candice said with a broad grin, placing her hands on her hips. "That's the spir--oh." Not but a few moments after she put her 'dex away she felt it buzz, so she pulled it out with a frown and tapped the interface to figure out why. "Oh, I guess I gotta go," she said with a light frown as she put her 'dex away yet again. "Duty calls, or something. Anyway, it was cool meeting you." So saying, she offered a wave with one hand while the other pulled out the Wooper's ball again - she remembered which one it was this time - and returned the dual-type without a word to it.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 am
"Aye. Wasn't a smack to the face t' be meetin' you either, missy; or your, uh," What the heck was that thing called again? Something like... "Or your whopper. 'S always bloody duty callin' 'round here, so you get on before they come looking to drag you back and give you some worse chore."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 pm
Wasn't a... What? Man, he sure had some really weird phrases, but it sounded like he meant 'nice to meet you too' so she wasn't about to complain. "Whopper? ..eh close enough," she said with a shrug. "I can't really remember what it's called half the time either. But, yeah, don't wanna get stuck doing something even more obnoxious than usual, so I'll see you around." So saying she offered another wave before hurriedly disappearing down the hall. She did not want to get saddled with some crappy errand or something...  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out