[FIN] Bugging About Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:50 am
"Ah, bugger." Aulus turned to Killer, who was lurking nearby in the lee of a bush where there wasn't much snow on the ground. "Go retrace your steps, find Tam's dex. We can't leave it out here for a trainer to stumble across." As the eeveeloution trotted away Aulus turned back to his partner and nodded, smiling a bit at Treestar as he appeared. "I expect they will be but at this point it'll be quicker for them to reach us and take us back to base than for them to double back if they don't. I'll get checked out and cleaned up as soon as we're back. But yeah," he nodded at Treestar, "good thought.... You know I keep thinking it might be a good idea to get a pokemon that can learn heal pulse. Also a Zoroark." It was kind of random smalltalk he supposed but hopefully it would keep Tam mildly diverted for the present.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am
"Oh!" She'd forgotten Killer would, of course, know where it would be... Or, at least, where it was likely to be. "Um. It's probably still projecting a Caterpie." She explained, calling to the Sylveon as he trotted off.

Aulus' spoke common sense. Either they brought a medic, or they didn't, and they hurried back to base; there was no sense requesting one when they'd already left and delaying things...
He was conscious and upright anyway, and Pygi was safe in her ball for now.
She was beginning to feel better- she was still worried for Pygi, but the scent coming from Treestar, and Aulus' reassurance was calming.
Pili seemed to sense some of the change in atmosphere and returned to her happily little swaying and looking around; she also liked Treestar's scent, though she kept eyeing his leaf a little hungrily. Something about it just looked 'tasty' to her.

Jubilee watched Paul; he seemed okay, but he'd been -so close- to that big bird. And so fast in getting away.

"Heal pulse does sound like a really good idea..." Tambrey mused, regarding what Aulus had said "and I know a lot of the team seems to find Zoroark's pretty useful. Um. I think... I think I need to get a fire type. I've been thinking, also, about requesting a Ditto maybe."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:25 am
Aulus brushed some dirt out of his hair and nodded agreement. "A wide range of types is always good." He could certainly see how she's feel the need after this little incident. "And Ditto can be damn useful, not that I've ever trained one myself but their talents speak for themselves." Perhaps Articuno would have been confused to see a copy of itself suddenly appear? Maybe it would have been intrigued, lingered longer. Maybe.

"Oh, Phaeth," Aulus turned suddenly to his Rapidash, "I need you to go look for Puck, okay? I guess the Blizzard knocked her out and swept her away but she must be somewhere around here. If you've not found her by the time Tam and I leave I'll come back for you this time tomorrow okay?"

The Rapidash snorted, nodded, and stepped forward to nuzzle his trainer's shoulder briefly before turning away and setting off through the trees at an easy gait.

Aulus watched him go and shook his head. "So much for a nice stroll hu?... Damn!" He frowned and looked around. "Where's my camera?" It had been around his neck but it wasn't anymore. "Must have lost it when I fell out of the tree." If Killer or Phaethon saw it they'd pick it up of course, he just hoped it wasn't too badly damaged.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 am
"I, um, think one would likely be useful in my work as well. They can replicated entire genetic structures for a short time; I may not be able to sample something like that, but if I could get a microscopic photo or two of the process, I can, at least, do some analysis to prepare for a real sample, and, of course, that very fact is just really interesting about Dittos... Worth studying on its own..."
She blinked. Puck? Oh! The ghost wasn't... here. She frowned a little; at least it was rather hard to actually hurt a ghost, but still, she felt a little worried that Aulus' team mate was missing, ghost or not. For a moment, she thought about offering Pygi to take a very quick fly around to have a look for the ghost type, before remembering, of course, that Pygi really wouldn't be flying for a while. Then she felt guilty again.

"It, um, was nice until..." She gestured at the snow, then found herself looking around for the camera.
"Which tree was it? It wasn't far from here, right?" The scientist turned, trying to look for the object; she felt the least she could do, really, was make sure that was found. She was, after all, not hurt, despite her recovering leg, and Killer was finding her 'dex for her...
"Treestar, do you see it anywhere?" The grass type knew what the camera looked like too, at least.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:27 am
Aulus nodded, he didn't pretend to understand the complexities of Tam's work but from his limited grasp of it all what she was saying made sense.

"Yeah," he agreed after a moment, referring both to the formerly nice walk and to the fact that the tree he'd been in was nearby.... Probably. "It's not the end of the world," he added after a moment, "there's nothing incriminating on it and it's waterproof. If we don't find it now I can come back and look tomorrow. I think I was sort of over there though?" He gestured vaguely off to the left. "Everything looks different under the snow though." If only he'd had somebody with him with a move like Spore or Yawn that didn't fail to hit unless some kind of accuracy problem was going on. The damn thing had been up in the air though and he couldn't think of anything off the top of his head that uses those moves and flew.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:14 am
"It, uh, smells like you though, right? Er, no offense, so when Killer comes back, maybe he can sniff it out?" Tambrey knew that the two bugs, Treestar, and Ella weren't pokémon know for their abilities to track scents... And Octavia, though she could smell a threat on the wind, probably wouldn't be able to follow a scent trail either.
She frowned to herself a little; there was another useful skill her team was lacking; it seemed like she was finding a few things to address on this trip.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 am
Aulus nodded; "Oh, good point." As he spoke he reached for his belt to remove the only pokeball he hadn't used yet and released Tortie.

Tortie manifested and then jumped slightly in the air in surprise at finding snow under her paws. She then looked around, taking in the scene and her trainer's disheveled appearance. she demanded, bewildered and wondering if she should be angry.

"Nevermind all that," Aulus said with a wave of his hand, "we're leaving very soon and my camera is missing, see if you can sniff it out. I'll explain later."

Tortie gave her trainer a very hard stare but after a moment she huffed and stooped to sniff the ground, following the trail of his scent away through the trees. Humans!

"She'll find it," Aulus said with confidence, "but thinking about it we should probably head back for that clearing you were at, I'm guessing they'll have come by helicopter or by flying types so they'll need somewhere to land and I'm guessing that's where they'll do it. Shall we go?" Aulus offered his arm in addition to the question just in case Tam needed it in addition to her stick, that little ordeal probably hadn't done her leg any good at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:41 am
Aha! Tortie; she was one who could track a scent, of course... And watching her in action just poked at Tambrey that such a thing would be a useful skill on the team; she made a decision to have a look through the un-assigned list and see what she could request to fit the criteria.

<> Jubilee called, in answer to the Absol's question. <>

Tambrey nodded; she certainly believed Aulus that Tortie would find the camera, in the same way she believed that Killer would find her 'dex. Developed olfactory senses were definitely an asset.

"Ah. It is a pretty good clearing," She agreed and smiled, accepting the offered arm "you know, every time we meet a legendary, it tries to kill us in one way or another... Well, excluding Asgard."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 am
Smiling back in what he hoped was a reassuring manner Aulus set off slowly in the direction Killer had gone. "Maybe you can take a look at their DNA and work out what makes all of them so sodding back tempered, could be a real breakthrough," he suggested wryly. There had been Andre, Keldo, bacon bird and now ice chicken. He hadn't personally been on the missions that had resulted in the acquisition of Ho-oh and Kyogre but he gathered they'd been un-fun to deal with too. "A sighting's good though, I expect they'll have teams combing the area before we even get back. If they can find out where it's nesting then they can send out a full sized mission team to go after it, get you your sample... or the real live thing, safely contained though." Of course if it was tracked down soon neither of them would be fit to go on said mission which was galling - more than galling - but there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it and he wasn't about to start grumbling now.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff