Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Journey of the Lost (Reboot!) (KamiGearX x CaptainXXMorgan) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:32 pm
Borian, The Iron Clad Warrior

User Image

"The Light of Purity is all that will save us."

Borian was silent. "I will listen to that request then." He said as they continued to walk, their wasn't much more to talk about and so they set off in silence, or at least Borian did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Borian looked at the guards as they raised their weapons, the halberds wicked tips pointed outwards. "Halt in the name of the Goddess Marith!" Borian did so as archers revealed themselves on the wooden barricade above, an entire line of them, numbering around twenty. Borian could easily kill them all, but he would comply with these people. "Me and my companion come in peace, we wish to do your village no harm! Scan us with a Purity Orb so we may enter." One of the archers laughed and shot an arrow down at the feet of Borian before jumping off the wall and landing with a grace that could only mean an elf. "We do not need a Purity Orb to see what you are half breed. The girl is of a different matter however. I saw you when I was out scouting the town's perimeter." The face was obscured, but as the figure stood and spoke it was obvious it was a male. One hand was wrapped in linen bandages, but they looked clean as could be, as if trying to hide something rather than bind a wound closed. "She is the Child of Light from the prophecy, am I not mistaken."

((OOC: Time for the next major character!))

"... I will keep this maiden safe until we reach our salvation."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:09 pm
Soleil, The Wielder of Light

User Image

As they approached the wooden gates they were met with weapons and hostility. She raised her hands up to show she meant no harm, a smile growing over her expression in a means of nervousness. As the arrow came down near Borian she flinched, her left foot taking a small step back as she lowered her arms. The creature that approached them, his appearance was a bit familiar, but he was a male. Maybe he was like someone she had met long ago, she'd take a step closer before Borian to try and stand a little taller. She'd nod towards the archer "Yes, my name is Soleil. This is Borian, my protector." trying not to pull too much influence towards Borian. She'd look around all of them, many armored with weapons and in great number "We've traveled a long way. My companion and I wish to enter past." she'd request, remembering their goal was to rally these men to their side. It would be best to speak to their leader, but she wanted to see how they'd react to her presence further.

[[New fighter....ELF]]
Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 pm
Borian, The Tower & Kaska, The Twilight

User ImageUser Image

"Our job is to protect you..."

The elf drew back his hood as he eyed the two up and down. The girl was a beauty, that was for sure. The man was dangerous though. However he was traveling with the Child of Light, and was her protector, would that make him one of the eight? Speaking of which, they didn't look like any race he knew of. They must be part of the prophecy then, not that the stupid story would save them. "Let them in, I'll keep an eye on them, if they try anything suspicious, I will be enough to finish them off." His flowing golden locks were well suited for his face, the narrowness lending well to his sleek appearance. His ears stuck out slightly from underneath his hair, and his deep blue eyes held a glint of playfulness in them, despite the serious situation at hand. The bow he held was very large considering his size, almost the same length as his body the arms of it thick and durable. For anyone else it would've been unwieldy, but for some reason the weapon was graceful in this person's hands.

Borian glared at the elf and was half tempted to draw his blade and demand a duel for an insult to his honor, but he thought better of it, Soleil's goals were of stronger priority than personal reasons such as honor. His piercing gaze did not overlook the man's role to come however, and Borian mentioned as much to Soleil quietly, kneeling to whisper into here ear. "That man, he is one of the eight. His role is that of The Twilight, I give you fair warning however that I do not like this man already." Kaska looked back, his eyes narrowing. "Quit your whispering and follow me! The gate does have traffic you know, and we don't need your enormous frame blocking the way! The harvests from the fields are coming in, as well as the lumber." Kaska was impatient as he waved the two over to himself on the other side of the simple gate fortification.

"...Our Child of Light, our Beloved Soleil."
((OOC: ))

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 am

User Image

She'd turn away after he revealed himself, facing the wooden structure to await their opening. She wasn't doubting his skills to kill her if he wanted, as well as Borian's skills to protect her. When Borian leaned down to whisper into her ear, she blinked in surprise though didn't say anything back since Kaska was already fed up with their communication. She'd place a hand on the back of Borian's hand, her eyes pleading with him to be patient, before walking to the other side where Kaska was "If he is, does he know he is? If he's aware of who I am, why would he strike me down? Were some past Children of Light possibly evil? If Borian doesn't trust him, would he be willingly against us?" there were legends and stories of those that were like her and Borian, but perhaps no everyone knew or believed in them. She couldn't blame them, Soleil herself was still going on faith alone, and it seemed they had their Goddess around here. Honesty would be her personal ally here, she'd speak to Kaska "I came here seeking knowledge of your troubles, may I speak with your leader of this village?" she asked, whilst glancing around the area slightly.

Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:02 pm

User ImageUser Image

Borian followed behind Soleil, eyeing the guards with caution as he passed through the small gate. Once on the other side, the gate closed quickly, two more guards behind the doors to push them closed. He didn't like how heavily this town was guarded, not since the last time they had marched through. He stuck close to Soleil, making sure to hide her as best as he could from passerby's eyes. There was a mixture of many races, but the vast majority were the ones with the pointed ears, the elves. 'Just like last time, the elves are the majority race on the planet now, it is so hard to get used to.'

Kaska looked at the girl and how protective the now silent giant was. "Hmph. The village elder then. Yeah you can go see the old fart. Follow me, and if you aren't with me when we arrive, you're as good as dead." It wasn't that he was hostile necessarily, it was just that the half-blood unsettled him. Why would such a creature be protecting such an important figure in the world to come? And what was with all of his damn scars? It was like he was cobbled together from various people. Not that he was ugly, it was just that no normal person would have that many scars and still be able to move normally. Who knew what other scars the man had underneath that hulking suit of armor.

Soon enough the trio were at a small hut and Kaska knocked. An elderly woman's voice rose out from the small abode. "Come in Kaska, I know who you bring, I have already forseen it." Kaska looked back at the other two and whispered. "Be respectful, Old Lady Baba knows many things." The elven warrior then slipped inside. Borian waited for Soleil to enter before swinging his head underneath the doorway.

Inside, a small fire was lit in the center of the dirt floor a presumably elderly woman sat on a small cushion, smoking an elongated pipe. Her face was that of a wolf's, and her fur was unusually sleek. One eye had a large scar over it, the other glistening a beautiful steel grey. She didn't have the amount of scars as Borian did, but she did have plenty to show she was a veteran of war at least. "Come in, come in young ones. Let me get a good look at all of you. Yes... So young, and so much responsibility on your shoulders. Tower and Child of Light, please take a seat, I have been waiting for a long time to meet you. Especially you Soleil."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 pm

User Image

Soleil gave her usual nervous smile, nodding, as he insulted his elder and threatened death. She was sure to keep up with him, she'd follow through gazing about the area. There were many strange and peculiar things unfolding before her, the layout, the creatures, the smells and the the fact that the lights that Borian mentioned were sort of starting to show themselves as he said they would. They weren't clear, exactly, it looked like light was refracting off some spots of various individuals. She dipped her head in and around, not paying mind to Borian's intentions to hide her, she just assumed he was trying to stay close.

When they were about to enter, she nodded though it left a lingering though based on Kaska's words "Respectful..hmm." giving him an unintentional raised brow before walking in. Looking upon her, she'd stand straight to let herself be seen by her and smiled. She'd turn her attention from the Elder to Borian, feeling things would be well here, she'd turn to sit on her knees before the elder and bow slightly in greetings. "I'm very happy to hear that, and honored to meet you." her words more sincere than maybe the Elder did know, Soleil had a fear of not being welcomed and had the wild imagination of hatred against her ignorance. Before her had eased all troubles and fears she had felt in those short moments. "I came here with intentions to ask about...the darkness." she'd start, glancing towards Borian then back behind her before continuing "I...believe you have all the answers ready." she'd say, awaiting to what she had to say.

Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:25 pm

User ImageUser Image

Borian took a seat slightly behind and to the side of Soleil, taking off his Zweilhander whilst doing so. He bowed his head in respect and then looked to see what Kaska was doing, surprisingly to Borian the elf was actually being quiet and respectful from the looks of things. 'Heh, so the man knows when to shut up. That's good.' Borian then turned back to Old Lady Baba. He wouldn't speak unless spoken to, and it seemed for now it would be a discussion between Soleil and the village elder. The last time they were here she had looked much better than now, perhaps due to stress, but that didn't mean the woman didn't have a good fur coat.

Old Lady Baba sat quietly for a moment as she inhaled some smoke and looked at the dim light of the fire in the middle. She pulled the pipe away and then exhaled slowly before speaking again. "The honor is mine Soleil, Child of Light. You are asking for the help of our people as an army to mobilize against the demons, or at least that is what I understand. Or you are here to simply learn about it and see how you can help. In either case I can only point you towards one direction to help solve the problem, and that is the man that is sitting here with us that is dozing off." The old Lycan then reached up quietly and swung the pipe with a loud crack into the skull of Kaska who promptly fell forward, face in the dirt before jolting back just as quickly with a breath of fresh air. "Baba! What was that for!" The old woman laughed and brought the pipe back to her mouth. "You were sleeping."

The old Lycan then continued on, the pipe remaining in her mouth as Kaska continued to grumble. "As for information on the darkness, all I can tell you is that to cure it you need to be able to accept it without turning into a half-demon like our Tower here. The history behind the darkness is a bit complicated, but it is of your race's design that was meant to make you stronger, and while it did do that, it also fundamentally changed what you thought about, and what your overall goal was. The rest of the races out here came into being of similar fashion, we just kept our independence from whatever the 'Core' of the darkness is. Obscure, I know, but put into simple terms. All the races were once what you call human, and for some reason, we decided we needed special abilities. Demons are more of a hive-mind, like ants, then the rest of us, and simply want to absorb all other lifeforms into its colony. The rest of us want to keep our independence. In order for everything to be fixed, the Child of Light will need to do some sort of ritual at the 'Center' of the hive, or next to the Queen of Demons."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 am

User Image

She had spoken her thoughts, it was true she wanted to learn a bit more before taking any serious course of action. An army would be likely, but she didn't want to lead them blindly if she was to lead it at all. Her eyes turned to face the dozing Elf, "Twilight.." she'd mutter, glancing towards Borian to see his reaction of it. She winced slightly as he was awoken, a soft smile crept on Soleil's face as she placed a hand over her lips trying to hide it.

She had listened more intently to this information, much like Borian she was a little vague, but at least she was getting some answers. She looked to Borian again as he was mentioned, sympathy crossing her emotions. "How can I prepare to handle the darkness if I'm to accept it? Does it mean that I can save these demons if I find a cure?" she'd shake her head, there were a lot of pressing matters. "Do you know what ritual this is Lady Baba, or how I can obtain information about it? What of the spanning demons and their location, the Hive that their Queen rests at?" she asked, wanting to make sense of it. "Why did they try to take on this darkness so long ago? Why risk such a crazy ordeal?" thinking to herself, along with the idea that came back to Borian's story of the days where humans roamed in the millions.

Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:41 am

User ImageUser Image

The old woman shrugged. "I do not know how you can prepare, as no one has ever tried to accept it without being corrupted, in fact, I don't think anyone has ever really tried understanding the demons. I do know from my visions that accepting the corruption in such a way will free them... It will also make you into a being that is stronger than any mere mortal, for lack of a better term, you will become a Goddess."

Borian straightened up and his eyes narrowed slightly. This old woman was going to send them on a mission for Soleil to try and unify the demons. They only needed to be exterminated from the planet, and Borian knew how to do just that. However he remained silent, as again, this was a discussion between Soleil and the Old Lady. Kaska was sitting their picking his teeth for the moment, listening with great intensity. After all, Baba had taken interest in the girl and that was rare. The Old Lady had raised him when he was still a baby, and most said that she had always hated children, so what was so different about the three here? Sure the girl was the Child of Light, and the Man was The Tower, but what about him? Why was he here?

Old Lady Baba stood up slowly. "We are near the back of civilization. Kaska will be able to lead you towards the next town where you can get transportation down the river to a city. There you can meet with one of the High Council and plead your case. After that you will be taken to the front lines if you are convincing enough, that is where you will be able to see the Demon Empire and eventually reach the Hive and Queen. I cannot truly tell you everything you wish to know, I can only give very generalized information. However." Her eye shifted over to Borian and then to Kaska. "You two need to leave in order for me to grant my grace to the Child of Light." Borian stood immediately and took to leaving. Kaska waited a moment, hesitant to leave the old woman's side. However a hand wave was enough to send Kaska out.

The Lady sat quietly for a moment before poking the fire with one clawed toe. "The Tower, he thinks of himself as expendable, correct? Twilight does not believe in the prophecy. You have a difficult road ahead of you. Twilight will die for the cause no matter the outcome, but the Tower, his story is an entirely different matter." Old Lady Baba moved to Soleil's side and sat down. "I have seen many outcomes, two of which are very likely. The first one is that he becomes... Important to you, and not just important to you succeeding either, I mean as something more than a partner." Baba smiled lightly in order for that to soak in. "The second is he becomes a champion for the demons... They want him, and they have already shaken his resolve. You have heard of Melissa, correct? She is the Queen of the Demon's now. She was also The Lover of Borian when he was in your position. He killed nothing more than a look a like. He is vulnerable right now, he just knows he has to hide it and not think about it because Borian knows that if he does, it will eat him alive and he will turn. You are in a race against time Child of Light."

The old woman withdrew and scooted back to her pillow. "One more little bit of information, he let it slip at one point, but he called himself The Guardian at one point... It is a Ninth Role when all Eight have fallen or have yet to arise. He holds the power to become any of the Eight other roles, depending on what he thinks the Child of Light needs."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:52 pm

User Image

She watched as they leaved then turned to listen intently, gazing into the eyes of the wolf as her words resonated within Soleil. There was a lot to think about, she stood up and walked hurriedly to the exit of the tent. She stopped, remembering to turn to give thanks though there was more on her mind " Thank you. If I am successful, I'll ..come back and visit you again." it was a means of goodbye, but not entirely. Good byes were still a tad difficult, especially to creatures as unique as Kaska and Lady Baba. Soleil was easily enchanted, due to her first memory with Sihku and the Fae Spirit.

She'd exit the tent, looking between the two before turning to Kaska "How long will it take to make it to the other city? Will you please go with Borian and I there?" she asked, clasping her hands together as she bit her bottom lip with a bit of hope. She felt it was likely he would due to Baba's words, but she couldn't be sure, time was of the essence and she was in a hurry. If he were to say no, well Soleil had thought that out an alternate plan. She wasn't sure if she could leave without Kaska, but she couldn't wait forever either. Her heart rate had increased though and her usual patience was quickly fading.

Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 pm

User ImageUser Image

Baba nodded and then went back to poking her fire, the flames licking away at the last of the wood. She watched until Soleil was gone and out of hearing range before sighing in relief. "Using my blind eye is tiring, even for one as trained as I. Good luck Child of Light, and may you never fall to shadow like your predecessor did. If you succeed, then indeed I will see you again, but until that time, I do not hold high hopes for you."

Outside Borian stood silent guard with Kaska watching Borian with an intent eye. "Fight me." Kaska said rather suddenly. Borian turned and spoke simply. "No." Kaska pulled an arrow and nocked it into place, drawing it and aiming at Borian's head. "Fight me or die half-breed." Borian did not waver from his post. "If I were to fight you, I would kill you which would lead to my death, if I don't fight you, I die by your arrow, if I do fight and lose, I still die. There is no route that I can take that will lead to me living, hence, I will not fight." Kaska fired the arrow, Borian's arm shot up and the arrow was caught in the man's hands, the thin wooden dowel shattering in his hand with ease. "That doesn't mean I won't defend myself."

Kaska was about to draw another arrow when he heard Soleil coming out of Lady Baba's hut. He turned his head at the same time that Borian did and spoke quickly. "It will take at least a couple of months to get to the city that you will want to go to. I will go with you, but do not think for a second I will work with this... Creature. He is not safe and I suggest you get rid of him as soon as you can, half-demon's can't be trusted." Borian didn't talk, and his face was pretty much a blank slate as well. Anything he could say would simply be twisted to this man's will of proving him as a mistrusted person. Instead he spoke to Soleil. "All calls are yours, you tell us where to go and we will go, with or without the help of this man. I have traveled to where we need to be before, and it will not be difficult to get there again."

CaptainXXMorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:18 am

User Image

A couple months...it seemed time was on her side just a little, Soleil had relaxed for a second until he made his verbal attack against Borian. She wanted to react, but Borian's words lingered in the back of her head, reminding her to be cautious. She was trying to find the words to proceed along "Here's my call then...Kaska, I want you to join us beyond the city, but the choice is yours to make in the end." she'd start, and hold her hand up to mean she wasn't finished "I don't know if you know it, but you're a piece that we need like Borian is. He is my Gaurdian...well, The Tower I mean." she'd correct herself, "And you're The Twilight." she'd let that one sink in, she was wondering how Borian knew, but perhaps Kaska didn't? Maybe he did and didn't care. "I'm not getting rid of him, I know how to handle him if you can trust me instead, so there isn't a need to be afraid." playing passive aggressive on his ego that Soleil had assumed he had.

"When we make it to the city, the choice is yours to make, but I have to keep going. I'd like to rest for this day and we'll start in the morning, is there a place where we can set up camp?." she'd ask him. She'd listen to him and once he was finished she'd nod "We need to get some supplies , I'd prefer to meet you again at our resting home.", she'd turn to Borian "Thank you for your patience. We should probably stock up before we leave." she'd insist, reaching out to tug on his wrist insisting though she was sure he'd follow while she searched for any individual trying to make a trade or two around here. "What can you inform me about The Twilight anyway? He doesn't trust you and you don't trust him...would other pieces turn again me despite their role? Has that happened to you?" she hadn't forgotten Baba's words with Borian, but she didn't want to cause a panic with him either. She wasn't sure what to do exactly "If we make it there...he should probably stay behind. Seeing her again might change him. Perhaps if I can figure out that ritual and save them all..." it was a bit of a circle going about in her thoughts, her cheeks were becoming flustered from her words and frustration though she had been good to keep her facial expression at an up most calm.

[[Winging it just a little.]]
Kami GearX

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items