[PRP] Last Nerves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 am
[10/4/2014 1:14:56 AM] Kitomyx: The grunt stared at her and blinked as he took in her words. Killed? Well that was a question he was often asked, but he was pretty certain that was the very last thing he, of all people, wanted to do. She must have known this, but then again, with how he'd deliberately acted around Asch after Aila's death, maybe she wasn't so sure. Izaya knew he, himself, hadn't been sure at that time.

"Of course I know there are consequences," he said calmly. "I know my limits and I know how much I'm willing to risk. Unless you or anyone else plans to count that mistake of mine as three strikes all at once, I believe I'm still entitled to two more chances."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 am
[10/4/2014 1:17:54 AM] Blood_Goddess: Faleen stared at him for a couple of seconds, before reaching up slowly to pinch the bridge of her nose. Swaying a little in her step, she moved away from him to pace lightly in front of him.
“You’re using the strikes… as an excuse to misbehave…” she repeated, in her understanding. “did I just hear that right?”  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 am
[10/4/2014 1:22:23 AM] Kitomyx: Nakura bit his lip to keep from smiling. The situation wasn't funny and he knew it, but Faleen's reaction...

"No, that's an assumption you just made," he corrected her. "I'm not deliberately attempting to misbehave. Tell me, Faleen-chan - I know you hate your sister, but did you ever care for or miss anyone else in your family?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 am
[10/4/2014 1:26:02 AM] Blood_Goddess: She stopped pacing, though she kept her fingers pinching her nose for a moment longer as Izaya continued.
She couldn’t be surprised by this… she honestly told herself that she should, but it didn’t stop her from feeling a deep clenching sickness in her gut.

At his last question she lowered her hand, fixing Izaya with a hard warning stare “I did not invite that topic.” She said in warning.  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 am
[10/4/2014 1:31:33 AM | Edited 1:33:06 AM] Kitomyx: "I'll take that as a yes," Nakura answered wearily, allowing his head to roll to one side as he massaged the back of his neck. "Faleen," he began, staring at a corner of the room instead of her, "I know you probably never had to worry about this, but pretend, for a moment, that you weren't allowed to see that family of yours. Wouldn't you feel isolated? Alone?" He frowned. Maybe that was the wrong train of thought. "Especially after being identified publicly, wouldn't you be worried for their safety?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:55 am
[10/4/2014 1:40:49 AM] Blood_Goddess: Another frown replaced her dangerous expression, and her arms crossed over her chest, once again shifting from one foot to the other.

“As a matter of fact, I can relate to that.” She replied “Quite a lot, I might add, You see, I have a partner, that insists on getting himself into trouble, and despite my best, I find that it’s a quite isolating partnership, as said partner seems rather intent on doing everything in his power to continue to undermine and fight and alienate probably the ONLY person around here trying to keep him from becoming the next LIVING LAB RAT!”

Faleen’s voice rose sharply at selected words, though it wasn’t a shrill cry, but a controlled and powerful volume so fairly escaped from the women’s usual professional demeanor, her face flushing very red.  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm
[10/4/2014 1:49:39 AM] Kitomyx: At her initial words, Nakura quickly looked back at Faleen, trying to read her. It seemed something had to be really wrong for her to be agreeing with him so quickly in the mood she was in if he was any judge.

It turned out he had grossly miscalculated. When he recognized she was talking about him, that was disconcerting enough to put him on edge, but it didn't keep him from jumping nearly a foot in the air and almost falling backward at the force of her chastisement.

He could only stare for a few seconds, speechless and lost in thought, at the rare, ruddy quality of her generally calm features. If anyone knew anything about living lab rats, it would have been her, after all. A flash of Lance's death came back to mind. He knew then it was probably pointless to try to explain himself further.

[10/4/2014 1:50:41 AM] Kitomyx: Bowing his head, he managed to utter, "I'm sorry." That was originally all he meant to say, but a minute or two following that, he had to know: "Why does it matter to you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:46 pm
[10/4/2014 1:58:33 AM] Blood_Goddess: Face still burning Faleen stared back at Izaya through his silence, her breath coming heavy as her chest moved, though remained completely silent.

When he did finally speak, he sounded quiet.

“I’ve told you why it matters to me! At this point maybe I should be asking why it DOESN’T matter to you? We’ve been assigned to each other for three years, Izaya, Three years! And we’ve gone nowhere with it! Quite the opposite actually, with this last stunt I can honestly say that this partnership has hit rock bottom- and you have NO interest in actually working with me on this.”

Faleen shrugged, putting her hands up in the air for a brief moment “Can’t say I’m terribly surprised though.”  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 pm
[10/4/2014 2:07:28 AM | Edited 2:08:04 AM] Kitomyx: Nakura frowned, shaking his head slowly. "I don't think you have. At least, not in a way I can understand," he said, still keeping his voice soft. "How does any amount of time in itself - even three years - make someone personally invested in someone else?" he wanted to know.

"We've come further than you might realize, Faleen. You have brought me further than you realize. You've changed a lot for me regarding my perspective of Team Rocket, and that's not something I thought was possible."

He gave a meek shrug. "I don't think it seems to you that I'm as invested or concerned about this as I should be, and you're probably right. Do you know why? Because I already know how far we've come, how much you've changed me, even if I haven't made that obvious. I have a sense of pride the same as anyone else." He looked up into her eyes again. "But that, for once, is not why I tried to get away."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 pm
[10/4/2014 2:21:44 AM] Blood_Goddess: Shaking her head as he spoke making it very clear that even if he was being sincere, she didn’t believe him.

“You certainly don’t show it.” She retorted. “And certainly not to the one person on this team you should be showing it t.” She added coldly “You still don’t get what a partnership is, and despite what you say, I don’t believe a word of it.”

She pointed to the door, taking a step toward Izaya “I trusted you enough today, to let you attend to some business in the city.” She pulled her hand back to point toward herself “despite my better judgment I forced myself to show you trust.

I DO NOT TRUST Izaya! I don’t trust- I don’t trust ANYONE!” She jerked her head back glaring at him and pulling in a breath. “But for you I tried, just once more, just one more time I should show you a little more understanding so that maybe this partnership can go somewhere. And what is the first thing you do with that trust?”

Again she stepped back, taking a long breath in, and scowling at him.

“I could literally care less why you did what you did. I am sticking my neck out for the likes of you, and every time you run off I’m left in the dark having to clean up your messes and keep the Elite’s attention off of you in hopes that just a little more time could make the difference. I am the only one holding this together and I CAN’T BE the only one to try and hold this together!”

Faleen pulled her hands up balling them into fists “Izaya WHAT is it going to take to get this through your head! I’m your damn PARTNER!”  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 pm
[10/4/2014 2:29:49 AM] Kitomyx: That sobered him. Why did she have to bring trust into this? "Why then? Why?!" he demanded - no, maybe it was more of begging or a plea. "It makes no sense what you're saying! I refuse to believe that you would risk so much of yourself and go so far as to trust again, even after the incident with Will, just because some higher-ranking Rocket paired you with me to keep me in line! 'Partner' is just a word they imposed on you!"

"What makes you so adament about this, huh? I saw you; you hardly flinched when Lance was shot." His gaze was hard on her now. "Why am I any different than him to you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 pm
[10/4/2014 2:43:45 AM] Blood_Goddess: “I… I don’t know!” She snapped, “Because I told you that I would do my best to make this work” she continued after a brief pause to gather herself “because who else do I have? Because despite what you may think- I never wanted things with Will to go the way they did!”
At the mention of will her chest only rose, and for once she actually looked quite devastated through the anger that had clearly built “None of it… And there was- nothing- nothing I could have done to change what he did, and who he was.”

“With you-...” She stopped here, balling her hands into fists again and lightly shaking her head. “Whatever reason they put us together, I never saw it like that, though it’s starting to make sense why this hasn’t been working out, clearly you did. But I actually wanted a partner, and I actually –tried- to be your partner. I said I would, and you are NOT Will, not even close, yet you’re leading to the same ending as him!”  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm
[10/4/2014 3:05:46 AM | Edited 3:12:59 AM] Kitomyx: "Who else?" he repeated in disbelief. "Who else do you have?" His words were followed by a cruel, mirthless laugh. "You can't tell me this is because you have no one else to care for, Faleen-chan. That would suggest you're lonely." The man's voice became cold. "And you know I don't have any friends. Friends only get friends killed."

"Of course you didn't want things to go the way they did. Who would want to be betrayed by someone they thought was on their side? But right, Will's 'will' was his own, and there was nothing you could have done to change that, so you took it away instead."

He leaned forward to look her square in the face, his nose only centimeters from hers. "How am I not like Will, Faleen? You gave me your trust, like you gave yours to him. I betrayed it, like he did. What's the difference?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:38 pm
[10/4/2014 3:16:01 AM] Blood_Goddess: Another breath was taken, but this one seemed to be a release then a confinement that she had been previously been taking.

Blinking once when Izaya moved in closer to her but otherwise, she didn’t move away, instead she stood her ground, staring right back at him.

“My mistake.” She said, finally. Taking a moment to reflect on what just happened and what was said, inwardly feeling horrified and quickly closing back up.

Though as she spoke, her tone was back to a very level tone.

“It does seem as though I am not above them, though I would be the first to admit that.”

A light incline of her head and a step back from Izaya to create distance from him.

“I will be filing a report with the Elite about the incident today. And then you will be informed of your status.” She started, glancing from him to her Zoroark, then turning to leave.  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 pm
[10/4/2014 3:36:01 AM] Kitomyx: When Faleen spoke and took a step back, her partner visibly deflated. He tipped toward the closest wall, using it for support as the blonde woman turned away from him. What had he been trying to get at with her? He wasn't sure. But he also still no idea why she had thought to place her trust in him. Anyone else could have told her that was a stupid thing to do.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff