[B] The Father-to-be! [Plague/Rouge]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plague was anxious. This was not a new occurrence; he was generally fairly high strung, especially when experiencing something unexpected, but this level anxiety was on a whole other level. The little Zikwa had just done three circles around a clearing, occasionally stopping in complete confusion, only to turn around and do another circle. His mind was in complete disarray.

It was, he had just found out that morning, going to be a father. This was an immense thing; a VERY BIG thing. It had only been that one night and Willow had been lovely and quite considerate of how clumsy he was and he’d be so very embarrassed with it all but they’d left as friends and now they someone managed to create something between the two of them and… oh my.

Even with the news having sunk in, he was caught between a number of desires. Firstly he wanted to share the news with his father but he also wanted to touch Willow’s belly, collect a lot of food for her, sob for a while on his own, go take a bath and find somebody who knew something anything about babies and ask for their help.

Instead of doing any of these he just kept turning in circles.

[Need blessing. Please help.]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I'm sorry to tell you," an inquisitive (and currently somewhat-judgmental) voice piped up beside him, "but your dance is no good. In fact, it sort of sucks."

It had looked mildly interesting as she'd curiously watched his revolutions, initially attracted to the clearing by the strange thumping sounds and occasional whimpering, but having tried a few of them alongside the zikwa, she felt reasonably secure in her verdict.

RuriskaARGHEDIT
I NEED NO FURTHER ENCOURAGEMENT

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:08 pm
The first thing Plague did was squeal in surprise.

It was loud and utterly mortifying, even as his mouth (obviously moving before his brain could) squeaked out an additional, "I wasn't trying to dance!"

If the ground could have just opened up for him right then and there he would have gladly accepted his new life forever underground (I mean, dad had turned out pretty okay, right?) but it didn't, so he chose to stare at it hopefully anyway.

Jun D
YOU ARE BEST.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 pm
"Yeah?" she said, plonking herself down and scritching at her ear with a hindhoof, like a dog, in an attempt to curtail that infernal spinning still going on in her head, "that's good, I guess, because it definitely wasn't going to work out. What were you doing, then?"

Ruriska
NO U. Aaaah RPing with you is awesome. QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 pm
Plague didn't even know how to answer that question, at least not without a lot of blubbering and maybe some more high-pitched squealing and even a little bit of frantic head bobbing.

"It's complicated," he said eventually, sounding whiny and still staring at the ground because eye contact was way too much for him to handle right now.

Jun D
No way, look a this mess I'm typing!! Plague is pretty fun tho. >o> <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 pm
"Ooh!" she sat up with sudden interest, eyes gleaming (insofar as glowing eyes could be seen to further gleam anyway) with gossipy intrigue, "how complicated?! Did you...snatch a beautiful doe from the jaws of her erstwhile paramour and elope with her in the face of grave danger only to find out she's your long-lost twin sister, and now you're having a really hard time finding a way to explain all this to the angry posse her ex-lover is gathering to hunt you down that will be here any second?"

Ruriska
Shush no you are great. D< If anything is a mess, it's Rouge. QAQ I apologise for her.

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm
Ground. Hole. Sometime today. Please.

"No, no, no, no, nooo! Nothing like that!" Plague squawked, completely mortified just by the idea. "I'm just going to be father! That's all! Or not that's all because that's very big and Willow is not my long-lost sister or at least I don't think she is- ooooh nooo."

Plague blinked back a sudden rush of tears.

Jun D
Rouge is always fantastic no exceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 pm
"If she doesn't look like you, she probably isn't," Rouge declared airily, as if she hadn't just potentially triggered a mental breakdown, then paused and added cautiously, "...and if she does, it's probably best not to ask too many questions."

Then the most interesting part sank in.

"Baaaabiesssssss," she crooned with far too much glee for comfort, scrambling to her hooves and prancing about in excitement, "you made little Zikwa babies, you hound dog!" Prance, prance, prance.

"Why the long face? You should be happy! Unless you actually hate her and you're looking for a plan of escape right now, I suppose."

Ruriska
Hahahaha she loves you too. XD<3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:08 am
Plague stopped beseeching the earth and tried skyward instead, hoping a crane version of the MotherFather might soar past and take pity on him.

"I-I am happy and certainly don't hate her," he said in a voice so low only super special Legendary dog ears would hear him, "but I'm scared as well. I-I don't know if I'll be a good father."

He sniffed.

"I-I'm really not good at anything, you see, but I want to try to do my best and I don't know who you are and you're a little bit frightening because you talk so much and I'm very sorry for everything, is it okay if I leave now?"

Jun D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:27 am
"LEAVE NOW?!" she cried, super special Legendary dog ears perking high as she jumped right in front of him, "my dear, if you leave now, you would without a doubt be the worst father ever. For do you not want your children to be secure...with the blessings of the Motherfather?!"

Ruriska
She is really horrible QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:35 am
His heart stopped in his chest.

Then he gave a long keening wail.

The little Zikwa fell to his knees and smushed his nose to the ground in a pathetic grovel.

Before him stood one of those super duper special Legendary chosen by the Motherfather blesser of all young and parents-to-be, one of the great ones his father had spoken so highly of and here he was acting like a petulant little foal.

"I'm so sorryyyyy!"

Jun D
/LAUGHING

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:56 am
This pleased her.

"There, there," she said, sounding extra pious, "you do seem like you're not really good at anything, so your fears are well-founded. But never you worry, most children turn out just fine even if their father is an idiot."

Well, she didn't say that without affection.

"Just leave it to Mama Rouge to get your children that extra little help!"

And again with the prancing, this time in merry circles around the fallen Zikwa, cheerily chanting to the skies, "Oh, great Motherfather, as you can see, this child of yours is in much need. May his children be happy and hale, blessed with the fortitude to bear whatever mistakes their father may - well, probably definitely will - make with good cheer. And their mother too, though she's probably much smarter. And while you're at it, let this child of yours find something he's good at, he could've used a good blessing when he was born."

She hopped to a stop with a brilliant smile, "That should do it!"

RuriskaOOPSIEDITED
I went back to check what Cue blessed his clutch with and it was just 'to be safe' - so, HAHA

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:14 am
"I-" Plague went to speak and then stopped, just let to let it all sink in. If he hadn't been so completely overwhelmed by Willow's pregnancy he might not have made such an embarrassment of himself but now all he could do was try to salvage some dignity.

"My eternal gratitude for your blessing. I will sleep easier now and will watch over them like any good father should... and try not to make too many mistakes."

He was still pressed into the dirt and honestly couldn't be fussed moving.

Jun D
I've made him such a derp in this RP. XD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:21 am
Rouge peered around to see if there might really be an angry posse coming, but to her disappointment there was not, and so she finally lost interest in the Zikwa's plight.

"Good boy, you do that," she tapped his rump goodbye with a hoof, and loped off to rejoin her pack.

RuriskaIKEEPEDITINGAARRRGH
I...I guess the blessing's done?! emotion_0A0 I LOVE DERP PLAGUE. (But seriously I think Rouge numbs brain cells, so... XD;;; )

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:26 am
Rather than get up, Plague decided just to lie down properly and process what had just happened.

Mostly because he couldn't quite believe it had happened at all.

When he eventually did get up, he managed to get all the things he'd originally wanted to do completed (including touching Willow's belly and singing a little sac for little ones within).

It had been a very strange experience but it at least made him slightly more confident that the Motherfather wouldn't let him mess this up too badly, as long as he did his very best.

Jun D
I'm blaming the baby brain. xD Thanks Junbby! And thank you Rouge! *o* <3

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces