Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
This Year's Christmas Must Have... An Ouija Board

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:37 pm
http://standupforthetruth.com/2014/11/years-christmas-must-ouija-board/  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:06 am
                yikes o:

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:19 am
The irony of their title. emotion_sweatdrop

Christmas is on the same page as the Ouija board. The tradition nullifies God's law and fails to communicate that we have a holy God that is unlike the gods of other pagan beliefs (where Ouija boards come from by the way). Where in the bible are we commanded to bring in an evergreen tree, in the middle of winter, into our house and make images of God (in the form of a nativity scene) to commemorate his birth? We aren't commanded to do such a thing and in fact we're commanded against it. Such practices come from pagan festivities like Yule and Saturnalia and it's the pagan who makes images of their gods, not the believers in the Holy God of Israel. If we could learn to love the book of Deteuronomy just a little bit more, none of this would be an issue. We wouldn't need articles telling us, "contacting the dead is wrong". Deuteronomy spells it out for us. Everything I mentioned in this paragraph is touched upon in Deuteronomy actually.

• Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (NIV)

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.

• Deuteronomy 12:30-31 (NIV)

30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

• Deuteronomy 4:15-19 (NIV)

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, 18 or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. 19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

No mediumship. No adopting pagan traditions into our worship of God. No making images of God.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 pm
real eyes realize

Christmas is on the same page as the Ouija board. The tradition nullifies God's law and fails to communicate that we have a holy God that is unlike the gods of other pagan beliefs (where Ouija boards come from by the way). Where in the bible are we commanded to bring in an evergreen tree, in the middle of winter, into our house and make images of God (in the form of a nativity scene) to commemorate his birth? We aren't commanded to do such a thing and in fact we're commanded against it. Such practices come from pagan festivities like Yule and Saturnalia and it's the pagan who makes images of their gods, not the believers in the Holy God of Israel. If we could learn to love the book of Deteuronomy just a little bit more, none of this would be an issue. We wouldn't need articles telling us, "contacting the dead is wrong". Deuteronomy spells it out for us. Everything I mentioned in this paragraph is touched upon in Deuteronomy actually.

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.

30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, 18 or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. 19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.

No mediumship. No adopting pagan traditions into our worship of God. No making images of God.

Wait, it's a sin to have decorations of God even if we don't worship them?  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 pm
Alright people are gonna hate me for pointing this out. But WAIT! I don't do it out of any malice or hate of any kind. I'm not saying you can't spend time or eat with family and enjoy one another in Godly Love. Doesn't it say here...

Jeremiah 10 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: 2 thus saith the Lord,
Learn not the way of the heathen,
and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven;
for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain:
for one cutteth a tree out of the forest,
the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold;
they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not:
they must needs be borne, because they cannot go.
Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil,
neither also is it in them to do good.

Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord;
thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

Who would not fear thee, O King of nations?
for to thee doth it appertain:
forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations,
and in all their kingdoms,
there is none like unto thee.

But they are altogether brutish and foolish:
the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish,
and gold from Uphaz,
the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder:
blue and purple is their clothing:
they are all the work of cunning men.

But the Lord is the true God,
he is the living God, and an everlasting king:
at his wrath the earth shall tremble,
and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Thus shall ye say unto them,
The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth,
even they shall perish from the earth,
and from under these heavens.

He hath made the earth by his power,
he hath established the world by his wisdom,
and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens,
and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth;
he maketh lightnings with rain,
and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

Every man is brutish in his knowledge:
every founder is confounded by the graven image:
for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

They are vanity, and the work of errors:
in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

The portion of Jacob is not like them:
for he is the former of all things;
and Israel is the rod of his inheritance:
The Lord of hosts is his name.

Gather up thy wares out of the land,
O inhabitant of the fortress.

For thus saith the Lord,
Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once,
and will distress them, that they may find it so.

Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous:
but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it.

My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken:
my children are gone forth of me, and they are not:
there is none to stretch forth my tent any more,
and to set up my curtains.

For the pastors are become brutish,
and have not sought the Lord:
therefore they shall not prosper,
and all their flocks shall be scattered.

Behold, the noise of the bruit is come,
and a great commotion out of the north country,
to make the cities of Judah desolate,
and a den of dragons.

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself:
it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

O Lord, correct me, but with judgment;
not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not,
and upon the families that call not on thy name:
for they have eaten up Jacob,
and devoured him, and consumed him,
and have made his habitation desolate.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:58 am
OtakuKat
real eyes realize

Wait, it's a sin to have decorations of God even if we don't worship them?

Yes.

We don't make images of God, period. That's why pagans ask, "where's your God?". We have no visible images of Him.

Psalm 115:2-4 (NIV)

2 Why do the nations say,
            “Where is their God?”
        3 Our God is in heaven;
             he does whatever pleases him.
        4 But their idols are silver and gold,
             made by human hands.

When we make images of God, it lead others to believe that Christianity is pagan in origin, especially generations later when they're comparing the "artifacts" we left behind. They compare our traditions to other cultures and religious groups and start noticing "similarities". So, they conclude, "oh, they all worshiped the same thing and just called it by a different name". Yellow halos in their paintings are just the sun disks of sun god worship. Winter solstice celebrations (though biblically, there are none). That's what our artifacts convey to the generations after us.

For example, we may not worship Santa, but he looks suspiciously like Odin (a.k.a. Wōđanaz or Wōđinaz), the Norse God from Germanic mythology, an old man, who's got a long white beard and rides an 8-legged horse named Sleipnir (surprise, surprise, thousands of year later, that evolves/gets watered down to Santa, long white beard, who rides 8 reindeer; you might say, wait, there are nine reindeer, but Rudolph doesn't make an appearance until 1936; Santa and the original eight appear in 1823, and the Odin mythology has been around since Proto-Norse/Proto-Germanic times, thousands of years earlier). Of course, Odin is just one idol that has been mixed into the "Santa" we know today. Santa is a mix of many cultures put together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleipnir
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wōdanaz

And as far as the Christmas tree goes:

Quote:
  • The ancient Pagan Romans decorated their "trees with bits of metal and replicas of their god, Bacchus [a fertility god]. They also placed 12 candles on the tree in honor of their sun god" 2 Their mid-winter festival of Saturnalia started on DEC-17 and often lasted until a few days after the Solstice.

• In Northern Europe, the ancient Germanic people tied fruit and attached candles to evergreen tree branches, in honor of their god Woden. Trees were viewed as symbolizing eternal life. This is the deity after which Wednesday (Wodensday) was named. The trees joined holly, mistletoe, the wassail bowl and the Yule log as symbols of the season. All predated Christianity. 5

http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.htm

When such artifacts are found in Christian homes, it renders YHWH unholy—profane, common. In other words, "He's just like everything else other people worship, because, hey look, we worship just like you guys, same traditions and all". No, biblically, the obedient and faithful do not do this. Adulteress Israel and Adulteress Church are the ones who mix with the traditions/idolatries of Babylon (the world). Jesus instructed us to not even pray the same way they do (Matthew 6:7-8). All of their worship is vanity, useless, and it does not convey that he is Holy/set-apart/different.

On top of that, let's say you come across a painting of Jesus. Whoever made that picture/image of God, did they see God? No. And say the artist did see Him. Were they able to capture Him in accuracy? Any deviation and it's not conveying the truth of what God looks like anyway (not that he wants us making images of him in the first place). The prophets in the bible give a description, but they didn't make pictures of Him to hang in their homes. Doing so would mislead pagans into thinking that we have idols just like they do. And like I quoted above, the Israelites didn't make images of God, so the pagans had to ask where He was (compared to their visible statues/images).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces