Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:46 pm
Tossing a few more sticks into the low flames to help inspire more heat, so that the small pot hanging from the tripod over the file would be able to melt the snow she had collected in it, she sat and listened to his life habits, a light incline of her notched eyebrow and a look that implied she certainly had an opinion about that.
"I've always got plans." she answered with a light grin, "I'm staying out here for another week or two, I switch of between here and the apartment I have rented in Sagestone, just so I can check up on the place, resupply and try and sell more of my stuff. I'll do that out through the winter, and when spring comes around, and the lease on my apartment ends, I'm going to sell what I've got left, use the money to buy what I need for this here." She made gesture toward the platform she had build against the tree. "Get started on finishing it."
Her conclusion was met with a proud grin "Its important to have a plan you know, she added with a pointed stare of Lin "Being prepared can mean life and death out here."

DS Offered, moving the two of them over to where Ray was sitting, and curling up as close as he could to the fire without risking catching fire.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:09 pm
Lin sat and listened with a few wide-eye blinks.
Ray had an apartment and stuff that she could, and would, sell to come and live out here. He understood the appeal, but still, most people probably wouldn't do such a thing as far as he knew, so he was a little surprised.
He looked sheepish, while Jeeves straightened up and looked a little proud, almost an 'I told you so' kind of attitude, as Ray spoke about the importance of plans.

"Erm. Yeah... I guess. It's not like I don't have plans, it's just they're not, uh... real /plans/ you know? Nothing long term like that. I've always just been okay and sort of toughed stuff out if I had to, I guess I kind of take that and luck, and, um, these guys a bit," He gestured to his pokémon friends "for granted..."

<> Acorn declared <>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:31 pm
Ray met his wide eyes stare with the usual half lidded amusement that she seemed to usually carry on her face. leaning forward to prop her elbows over her long knees as she spoke back with him.
"Luck's a fickle thing, and in my opinion not really something you should rely on at all, if for every long." Sitting back up a little "Maybe you should start making some plans, real plans. Where do you see yourself in a week? Where do you see yourself on a month if it come to that? and do you know what you need to do to make sure you get there? Those are important questions you know."
she tilted her head in a manner that told him that she was curious as to his answer.
"If those aren't things you can answer easily, then maybe you should consider hanging out here for a while till you work something out." she offered. "I'll be honest, I'm not fond of the idea of letting you go off and end up being somewhat responsible if you froze to death during a blizzard or something."

DS explained with a tilt of his head.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:53 pm
"Uhhh..." Lin felt a little like he had the one time he'd managed to get in a classroom and attempted to answer a question about something he'd never heard of.
"Probably... nearby?" He answered, to the 'week' question, but had no idea what to say about where he'd be in a month.

He frowned at first, pondering if he should be insulted that she thought he might freeze to death in a blizzard, but then sighed; she -did- have a point... And more so she was offering a place, safe, to hang out, which was... well, it seemed unusually kind.
"Uh. Well. I," He received a nudge from Jeeves "guess we could... If you really don't mind it. I.. Well, I was going to ask if we could back to help you finish that..." He gestured at the platform; it had rather taken his interest.

<<Um... He has some pokéballs but I don't know what a pokédex is. I don't have a pokéball.>>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:02 am
Ray opened her arms before letting them fall as she patted them onto her knees. "When out surviving like this more hands are usually always more useful, plus you look like the type to carry your own weight." She pointed out, tilting her head up to look at the platform at he gestured to it. "that's caught you as a pretty good idea huh?" she asked with a light grin "I'll be learning how to go about building onto it myself, but I'm not going to say no to some extra help."
and idea seemed to strike her, as she leaned back a little, eying Lin and Jeeves before letting her eyes scan the rest of the aria.

DS said with a light shrug.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:25 am
He nodded a little; things were always easier when he was with all his pokémon friends, and not just those that allowed him to carry them around in balls, so he could see how having extra humans, 'more hands' as Ray had put it, would be more helpful.
"I like to think so," The boy straightened proudly, getting a smirk out of the Snivy "and, yeah, it's really cool. You're building it in, and on, the tree, and that just seems right to me. I guess because that is just how everything was as I grew up, before I saw other places... I guess I've got an interest in things like it."

<>

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:09 pm
Ray nodded with a light smirk, glancing back up at the platform "The idea is to get off the ground." the tall women explained "You hear it all the time in Hoenn, kids there are pretty good at making what they've been calling secret bases. But in an aria like this, especially if you're here long term being off the ground will ultimately be safer, granted if you can build a safe lodging."

clapping her hands on her knees. "so then it looks like you've got a plan- Good good! now how about we start getting to work and making you up a shelter so you won't freeze tonight." pushing herself to her feet the women smirked down at Lin "then we'll get started on dinner."

From the other side of the clearing Emith, the dark and neon Syzor lifted her head, and drew herself up to her feet looking toward the humans as Ray laid out their tasks for the day.
Ray didn't need an ax with her around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:08 pm
"Secret bases? That's... a very kid-friendly name, but I kind of like it... That makes sense. And you've got got good tree cover here, too, so you're not likely to get blown out of the tree, or have that tree blow down... I think it seems like a safe place place to build... And safe, or not, getting off the ground is awesome." He meant in general, as well as in build, grinning a little as he thought about his favourite way of moving about, assisted by Jeeves and his vines.

"All right! Uh, my lot are used to helping gather material, and Jeeve's isn't bad with helping tie stuff together."

<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:51 pm
"Yeah" Ray agreed with a laugh "It does sound rather juvenile, but its a great idea, after all for a bunch of kids running around starting their pokemon journeys."

Putting her hands on her hips only to more one up and point a gloved finger toward one of the other trees. "We'll need to gather up as many pine branches to we can make you up a shelter and a fire. unless." she started, jabbing a thumb over her shoulder to the small reenforced tent behind her "You share a cot with DS and me. Might be a little crowded."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 pm
"It does sound a lot of fun." Lin nodded.
"Er. Lean-to, right. Hey, have you ever tried using a tree-pit? I got told it was a good idea but when Jeeves and I tried it out, all we got was tired of digging, kind of wet and really dirty..." He smirked, at the last remark and made a show of raising an eyebrow.
"Well... If that's an invite..."
Jeeves took the opportunity to cuff his friend on the back of the head.

<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 am
Ray made the motion of snapping her fingers, though with her gloves on, the proper sound wasn't produced.
A wink was added and a finger then pointed out toward him "I have tried that once, back in Hoenn, when a huge snow storm hit- I was in the forest aria around Fortree, the snow pack was so high that I had to make a tree pit shelter for a couple of days.
Not my favorite, it takes a lot of energy to dig out the snow." she paused "... did you dig into the dirt that last time?"
She shook her head "We'll stick to something a little more practical for our current needs."

A full burst of laughter followed at the human and pokemon's exchange "If you're not squeamish, it helps to keep warm that's for sure."

Double Stripe shrugged,  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 pm
Lin grinned sheepishly again.
"Yeah... It didn't go well for us. I mean, well, it worked, cuz, here we are, right? But I don't think I want to do that again."

Despite Lin being the one to comment, his cheeks had reddened a little, after Jeeves had given him a slight cuff.
"Well... No. Not squeamish... Not really. I mean, who'd be squeamish about sharing with a pretty lady?"
Jeeves sighed.

<>  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 pm
Ray smirked but gave a visible wince "Oh, I can't imagine that nightmare." She confessed with a chuckle "Live and learn though right? I'll show you a few more tricks if you're interested in learning though." She offered "Though considering you've been living out here for as long as you have, you probably already know your stuff just from experience." She shrugged "Still, long time survivalist like me, maybe I am useful for something."

Ray burst out with a genuine laughter at the boy's sudden redness and comment "You two are going to be fun, I can tell." She said, holding a hand out and gesturing him to come over. "Come on, help me gather up some more branches. Then we'll get some dinner made." She finished with a chuckle.

Double Stripe replied with a smile and a flick of his tongue.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff