Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:56 pm
The cafeteria, was, of course, different to the old base and yet... very little had changed.
It, of course, simply existed to serve a basic function, so it probably wasn't surprising to find a format so familiar to the old location, if simply in a rather different orientation on the map.
The whole HQ went down rather than up at all, now, of course, so that could be true of anything.

Tambrey liked that it was on the same floor as Agent Quarters, not that she /minded/ stairs, though until not too long ago injury had made them awkward, or elevators, but it was just nice to navigate some halls and corridors and then... food place.
She was currently poised over some soup, in uniform after a shift, with a slightly old science journal (a glance at the issue date on the cover would say May) holding more of her attention than the food.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:24 pm
This was going to take a while to get used to, really. The base was ... different enough from the old base that Mau knew he'd be getting lost for a little while. He had his vaporeon, Aki, out with him right now, trying to find the cafeteria. The vaporeon was protesting as they walked, wanting to nudge Mau back to his room. The human had unpacked most of his things... Why were they eating in the cafeteria?

"I told you, Aki. I no longer have a mini fridge or hotplate. They were at the old base." Along with most of his plants. At least he still had all his research data. The vaporeon rolled his blue eyes at the human and lead the way to the cafeteria.

Mau had a tendency to be largely out of uniform most of the time. He wore a pair of slacks and a tailored black vest over a red shirt, and a labcoat with a black band and red R on his right arm. When they entered the cafeteria, Aki gave one last attempt to coerce his human away from the cafeteria... but to no avail.

The darker skinned scientist found himself with a large plate of salad, not particularly caring for what else was offered today, and wandered about to find a place to sit. When he chose a spot, it was across from another agent with her nose in a periodical of some-

"Is that the issue with the new bacterial colony they found in the lake of rage?" He asked, catching only part of the cover as the woman was reading it.

"Por?" Hey, this human was familiar.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:54 pm
"You've read it?" Tambrey blinked, looking up as someone joined her and commented on her reading material... There was... a familiar face, she felt but for a moment the name escaped her.
"Um. Yes. Well, that and some other stuff. Kinda into the whole synthetic pokémon through mineralization stuff in this at the moment; 's uh... Well. You know. It's odd seeing outside science; some of it's on par, or possibly ahead of us, some of it's, y'know, pretty much a year or two behind us... Did a lot of work with mineral 'mon here over the last few months... Uh. Sorry... We've met, I know... and," Huh, the Vaporeon "yep, I've -definitely- met him... I'm Tambrey; uh, sorry, but... I don't remember your name..." She apologized, but smiled at the Vaporeon. "This one, I remember, took on an angry, uh... Abomasnow... for me."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:13 pm
"I have been able to glance at it, yes. Synthetic pokemon..." Ah, perhaps she was specializing in fossil pokemon? But his train of thought was derailed for a moment when she babbled a little about recognizing him. Huh. "Now that you mention it..." She looked familiar too. But-

"Va! Vaporeon!" Aki rubbed his face against Tambrey's knee.

"Aki you are such an attention whore." Mau tried to hide a laugh. He then extended a hand to her. "I'm Mau. Yes... I do believe we met..." Yes, on a raid. It was barely in passing. "I... I only vaguely remember the abomisnow." Oh yes, at the time... wasn't he beating the crap out of Star's face? And getting shot with a nail gun? That was quite some time go. Ugh. Nyx. He hoped she was doing well. "And this is Aki."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm
"I only got it... Uh. I'm not sure. It wasn't in May though. But I only got to look at it today. The Carbink speculation's fascinating... Seems kinda on the wrong track though." She grinned. "A -lot- was happening at the time. I remember it well 'cuz, it, uh, well, it tried to smash me. Aki?" She repeated the name and reached to pet the water type. "Very grateful for that save. Thank you Aki. He's rather sweet. Um. You've gotta be science? I mean. There's not a -tonne- of people who, um, can glace at this and mention that stuff off hand..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:03 pm
"Carbink, huh? I don't think I read that article." Not that he didn't find rock types interesting. He just hadn't had the time.

As the woman reached down and pet Aki, the vaporeon rubbed his head on her knee, then rest his head in her lap and stared up at her with his big blue eyes. Mau snorted a little when the vaporeon swished his tail and smacked Mau in the leg. "Yeah. He's pretty affectionate. Very well trained, and often well behaved." He smirked. At the vaporeon's snort to the comment, Mau laughed. "Ah, yeah, I'm from the labs." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Always have been. I specialize in in cognition and recollection through genetics. You know. I program what moves a clone will start with. Though I've been branching out a little and dabbling in post-creation abilities." Basically, a move tutor.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:31 pm
"Oh, -right-!" Tambrey grinned. "That's really neat! I do genetic sequencing and some engineering. I also dabble in behavior modification through genetic manipulation, and uh, synthetic biology, which you could... probably tell..." The woman seemed to conclude after a moment.
"Your work sounds really similar but more complicated; I'd love to learn some of the disciplines involved, or read over some work you've done, if that might be okay? Oh! We, uh... The security project... I bet we probably used some of your work on that." She seemed rather excited. "We had some really specific criteria for that one."

All the while, she continued to pet Aki, though it seemed science was one thing that could actually distract some of her attention from the cute water type.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Mau shrugged. "It's fine by me. My research for Team Rocket is for all of Team Rocket. As long as the higher ups let you, you're more then welcome to my research." He wondered about the security project a moment. He'd heard about that before arriving. He'd look into it more later. "Behavior modification, hm? You find a way to get 'acquired' pokemon to accept a new nickname yet?" He was smiling a little, but really, he was irritated by his arcanine not... listening because of his nickname.

If Aki had been a cat, he would have been purring. As it was, he was partially drifting to sleep under Tambrey's affection.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 pm
"Uh..." Tambrey blinked. "Well... Theoretically that'd be a pretty minor thing to tweak. But you might want to try more psychological methods before leaping right into the brain chemistry with something like that?" She appeared to be taking the question seriously, narrowing her eyes a little as she thought about it. "I can't say I've run into the problem much personally, but I'm aware that some people have... Um, maybe, if it's not a steel type and such, with such a specimen you could... try an MRI to isolate active responses to the present name and desired name and then... Um," She blinked, stopping herself. "That was probably a joke wasn't it?"

Tambrey was perfectly happy to continue doling out the affection to the pokémon, even as she rambled her thoughts out.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games