User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When they meet, Tarnished Offering seems unsure of how to approach a kin with such kindness. She is stilted and cold, then afraid and suspicious, but mostly she is angry, as she always is. She is angry that this doe before her says that she is pregnant and that it is said with such cheer and kindness. She is angry that in her crusade to consume that bucks darkness and turn it into something else, she is instead bringing new life into the world. She wants this to be a mistake or a dream, but it is not. For a long time, they do not talk, Tarnished Offering because her sullenness is silent and she hopes that the other doe will leave her if she does not speak and Tastes Like Summer because she does not want to push too hard; she knows that one must bend and not break.

Finally, Tarnished Offering capitulates to the other does presence and unspoken demand and asks, surly, "What do you want for me? Other than to speak?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tastes Like Summer considers her words for a time as they continue to walk. "You were the first I ever met that was angry. I have seen fear and nervousness, even nothing at all, but never have I seen one so angry at the prospect of children. I want to know why, if you are willing to give me that."

Tarnished Offering stops, so then does Tastes Like Summer. The tawny doe has gone still. She is fighting hard not to scream, to let herself succumb to the rage. The rage is not meant for a doe like the sky doe in front of her. She cannot let herself become them who would happily turn their darkness on her goodness. She shook her head, less at the other doe's request and more at herself.

More silence.

Then, "These children- They have very little chance at having the goodness that is right for this world. Not with the parents they have.

She laughed at that. She meant herself more than anything else.

"Why do you think that?" Starburst asked gently.

Another laugh and then cold, scathing, condescending, "You don't know me."

"I don't," and it was kindly conceded. "But I question the veracity of your statement. Perhaps you simply do not see your goodness."

"And you do not see my darkness," Tarnished Offering sneered back, but she was afraid despite her bravado. And then one has to wonder, why was she afraid at the prospect of having kindness.

"I can't," she says after a long silence. What she can't do is a mystery, even to her, but she sets off running and though Starburst could easily catch up, she does not give chance.

Instead, she smiles softly before saying, "May your children see the truth in themselves and not want for kindness and goodness for it is so abundant as long as you can open your eyes to see it."