Submit

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm
Naau flashed her another smile, shoving his hands into his pockets. He was getting chilly, but whatever. "Yup, I do. They're awful popular with tourists. I mean, I go all over, but a tourist is a tourist is a tourist, y'know?" He laughed, "Pay for me to eat, at least. I get stones, sea shells, all sorts of things when I go diving! Then I make it into pretty stuff. Right now it's too cold for all that, though." To prove his point, Naau turned away and sneezed into the crook of his arm, then wrapped his arms around himself. "Sera, eh? Cute name. S'fitting. I hope you'll put in a good word for me. I've got far too many earrings to sell, I won't wear 'em!" He laughed, but, well, he did used to wear them. Until one got torn out and had left a fun scar on his left earlobe. Not a good memory.

He gave her a sheepish look, "You sure you don't want to give little ol' me a look around, Miss Sera?" He asked, hoping desperately to find somewhere indoors.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:16 pm
"Tourists? Yeah, I bet," she agreed, looking at the necklace again. It seemed like the sort of thing you'd get at a tourist trap, or maybe some sort of fair. Still looked nice though, and she did like jewelry... "I bet you get plenty of sea glass too." Oh, yeah; couldn't really go diving in January to get anything neat. Not unless you wanted to give yourself hypothermia or something, at least.

Speaking of hypothermia, Naau seemed to be sort of cold - and seeing him so cold reminded her of the chill in the air, and she pocketed the necklace as she stuffed her hand back into her hoodie pocket. "Why's it fitting?" She asked suddenly, wondering what he meant by it and why he'd said it. It wasn't even like she'd told him her full first name or anything, just her nickname.

Miss Sera... How many people were going to call her that? She sighed through her nose; this was, what, the third or fourth time he'd asked? Persistent guy, wasn't he... Sera sighed again. "Alright," she ceded this time, figuring he'd just keep asking her if she said no and she didn't really care to stand there and have the same argument - or have him pull more stunts like those he'd pulled before - until she agreed. "Where is it you wanna look around? Just wherever, or somewhere specific?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 pm
"All kinds," he nodded, "Got a stash on board, but they don't do too well in this season. I'll show ya' sometime! Every now and then I find something' I like too much and can't bring myself to part with it." The shinier the better, honestly.

"Ain't it obvious? Cute name, cute girl! Plus, the place I'm from's called Serea," he explain. It wasn't quite the same, but it did sound similar. "Haven't been there in a long time, but it was beautiful. So, fitting name." Sera had that long pretty hair, too; it reminded him of mermaids. Mermaids were nice. He'd always been told stories of mermaids; if his own hair was tameable, he might grow it longer. Unfortunately, it was doomed to being rather uncooperative. And he wouldn't make a cute mermaid.

Naau grinned when Sera gave in and said she'd show him around. He leaned down and picked up Neptune, "Y'hear that, buddy? We've got a guide! I was hoping you might show us, oh, I dunno... er. Anything inside, actually. A mall, store, restaurant, heck, even a salon or somethin'. I'm freezing my stern off!" He laughed, while Neptune was worming around in his arms, trying to sneak into his jacket for warmth.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 am
"Huh. Alright." It would be interesting to see the interior of a small boat - small, at least, in her mind, given the smallest boats she'd been on previously were large passenger boats or cruise liners - but definitely some other time. She wasn't too keen on going into some random stranger's boat she just met; that seemed sort of like asking for trouble.

There he went, complimenting her again. But why? Surely he'd seen the fact she was missing a hand by now...

Well, he certainly didn't sound too picky? "Okay," she said as she looked around, taking but a moment to ascertain their current location so she knew which direction to go in. There were a few restaurants not too far from there, so she turned in the direction of the closest one and began to walk. "You seem pretty intent on food, so we'll go to a restaurant. Closest one isn't too far from here," she explained as Anastasia moved to trot along beside her. "So, Serea, huh?" Sera wracked her brains to try and recall if she'd heard the name before, but it was wholly unfamiliar. "I don't think I've ever heard of that place." ...he didn't just make it up on the spot, did he?

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:45 pm
Naau smiled, sighing in relief. He was so happy to get land-food again. No more boat food for a while. Sure, he could pack canned stuff, dried meats, but Naau preferred to take as little as possible; he was a good enough fisher too, so most of the time he would try to catch something fresh.

But oh man was he excited to let someone else do the cooking. "You've got no idea just how pumped I am, Sera!" He said, genuinely excited. Neptune piped up too, letting out an excited noise and flailing his hands. He, too, was excited for better food. "Serea, yep. S'not a big place, and it's made up of bunches of islands. I'm from a town called Alga. Minha casa é sua casa!" Naau exclaimed in Portugese. "Which is my way'a saying, we mostly speak Portugese, Spanish, and usually Italian when you reach the eastern islands. People don't speak much English there 'cept when they've got a tourist to talk to. It's a nice place." Naau explained fondly, following after Sera and Anastasia. "Bit far from here though. And a lot warmer! Even this time of year! I do miss that." What Naau would do to be able to swim in a warm ocean, and not this icy butthole of a beach.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:23 pm
"Uhh... Not really, no," she admitted with a small frown. She really didn't know how excited he was. "I could probably guess though; you do seem pretty pumped." Perhaps she was a little hungry, but she wasn't exactly excited... But then again, she wasn't the one who'd just come in off a boat and from eating stale dried crap for days on end.

"Alga.. Huh." Oh, yep, that sounded like some sort of foreign language - not that she understood a word of it - but it sounded enough like an actual thing, and not something he just made up on the spot, so that was good enough. "It sounds pretty cool. Warmer would be nice... Though I don't think I could handle the 'not much English' thing," she said with a half-shrug and a hint of amusement. No, she wouldn't do well in a place that didn't generally speak the only language she knew.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:31 pm
"Pretty pumped, yes, completely!" Naau agreed happily, looking around as Sera led the way. A bracelet was a small price to pay to convince someone to take him around for lunch. And oh man, he really hoped they had french fries. God, he'd be so happy about fries right now. He was excited just thinking about fries.

"Aw! Don't worry too much! Y'don't need English unless you're asking directions or need a toilet. It's just beaches and parties! Don't need t'speak English to dance. Besides," Naau stepped up to walk next to her, "Everyone would want to flirt with someone like you. For cuties, we will speak English!" He laughed, giving her another wink. Neptune wasn't quite following the whole conversation, but he did a little cheer to punctuate Naau's sentence; the more enthusiasm, the better!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:00 pm
Yeah, he seemed pretty pumped... Though really, that was kind of understandable given the little she knew of the circumstances. She'd probably be excited too.

Beaches and parties and dancing... If it were a couple years ago, she would've been all over that - that and the cute boys, like this guy - but unfortunately it wasn't a few years ago, it was now, and now she didn't really care for any of those things. ...well no, she did care, but that didn't mean she went to or did any of those things anymore. She flexed her fingers inside her hoodie pocket, resisting the urge to stuff the end of her other sleeve back in there as well, and shrugged a bit, not noticing the slight blush that crept back into her cheeks. "That sounds like fun," she said, trying not to focus too much on the specifics of the conversation that bothered her as the restaurant came into view. "Are the beaches nice?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:32 am
"The beaches! They're great! We got plenty of 'em, sand for miles, and the vendors always line up on the piers. Best food out there, fresh outta the ocean, grilled, fried, boiled, you say it, you got it. An' the smoothies are killer too! You surf?" Naau hauled Neptune under one arm, where the Totodile squawked and flailed in annoyance, "You're talkin' to Naau 'Surfin' Extrordinaire' Okonoros! Y'gotta hit the bigger islands on the outer shores to get the good waves though." He grinned, sounding proud of his home.

Naau turned around for a second, looking at the ocean again before facing forward(trying to play off the wobble in his step as nothing- stupid solid land). "How's the surfing out here? Guess it's hard t'say in this kind of weather, huh? Might need to stick around 'til summer..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:00 pm
That all sounded really nice... Too bad she would probably never go there once in her life. Oh well. "Me? Surf?" She echoed, her brows raised in surprise. She could barely even swim, and she'd never tried to surf once in her life. "No, I don't," the brunette said with a shake of her head. "I've seen people surf around here though, in the summer."

...was he stumbling around again, or was he just turning around to look at stuff? She couldn't exactly tell, but she was suspicious - though he didn't seem drunk, she finally ceded - but disregarded it for now. It wasn't that important anyway. "Uhh... I honestly can't really say," she admitted with a frown as she reached the restaurant and went in, Anya darting in between her trainer's legs. "I don't surf, so I don't really know how it is around here."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:51 pm
"No? That's a darn shame! You'll have t'give it a try, there's nothin' quite like feeling the breeze in your hair and nothin' but endless water under your board!" He laughed, looking up at the sky happily. Just thinking about it, he was tempted to hop in his boat and sail away somewhere with warm waters. Distracted by his thoughts, and possibly having made a poor decision in looking up and not focusing on balancing, Naau stumbled and nearly ran into the door when he entered the restaurant.

"Geez-" He muttered, righting himself. "I feel like I'm never gonna get my land legs again... Suppose 6 weeks at sea does that to a man." Naau said, setting Neptune down so he could walk to a table like a normal leg-having pokemon. Shaking his head, Naau leaned a hand on the wall while they waited to be seated. "Well, guess I'll have t'go find more locals to tell me about the waters, then. It's no problem, I love meeting the natives! You guys never fail to show me the best place to be." He said, giving her a wink despite the lump of nausea he felt from his continuous stumbling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:48 pm
"You think I should?" Sera replied doubtfully, giving him a quick, dubious look. It seemed the glance was too quick, as no sooner had she looked away, Naau walked almost right into the door. ...she was still seriously questioning whether or not he was drunk. "You should probably sit down before you hurt yourself," she noted when they stopped to stand and wait to be seated. "And I'm sure you will eventually; didn't you just get off your boat? It'll probably take a while." Sera pointedly ignored the wink, still unsure what to think of his flirtatious behavior.

It didn't take long at all, as someone came over and led them to a small booth in a corner and offered them both menus before departing to get drinks. One glance at the menu would show the restaurant definitely wasn't expensive. It wasn't dirt cheap either, but certainly not expensive.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out