Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:44 pm
"Oh, secret drinks cabinet, definitely," the brunette said with feeling as she leaned forward with her arms set on the table. "An umbrella would only be useful if it were raining, or if you wanted to hit somebody but not too hard."

How could she record it? Maybe she could have Jacques hold the camera and do it, so then no one would see it and know what she was up to... Or maybe she was thinking about it too hard. His pessimistic continuation drew her attention away from practical jokes and back to the previous topic, and she frowned. "Yeah, there'll always be more stupid assholes... I'd need a more permanent fix than just playing jokes on people off and on." But what...?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:50 pm
Aulus snorted. "I'm British, it's always bloody raining there. I still haven't got used to a bit less random precipitation over here." It had been a while now and all and he'd never visited home, perhaps he should. Then again given he hadn't told his family about his arm, perhaps not. Maybe once he had a replacement and he could tell it all like it was in the past, another practised lie because the truth wasn't an option. The funny thing way - was it funny? - that he had one lie for most people and another for his brothers. They thought he was some kind of secret agent working against Team Rocket. That had to be funny somehow, in some universe.

"I don't know what the fix is," Aulus admitted with a shrug, taking another swig of his now nearly empty drink. "A prosthesis? Maybe, but that's a whole new kind of joke I expect. Still, least you can hit people with that." And his was going to be heavy, and tough, and it was going to have claws. He couldn't claw the faces off the general public of course but he could sure as hell punch them with a lovely titanium fist.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:00 pm
Sera shrugged excessively before she leaned back in her chair. "I wouldn't know, I've never been." Granted, she had visited a good many places before her family lost all their money, but they never traveled there.

"I don't either," she admitted with another frown, her gaze shifting to a random spot on the table and looking at it as if it'd committed a grave sin against her. "I wish there was an easy one though." Prosthesis? That was a word she heard so many times before, though not as much recently, but still hearing it caused her stubborn side to flare up a bit. "I don't really want one. It just..." She paused to frown down at her whole arm and the partial one beside each other; remembering them both whole and unharmed remained painfully easy despite the passage of time, "it wouldn't be the same, you know?" He would know. Other people could imagine what it would be like, or try to sympathize, but they hadn't experienced it, they didn't have to live with it every day. They didn't know. Stubbornness dying down a little, she remembered that she wasn't the only person in the conversation, so she looked up to him to ask, "Didn't you mention that you were probably going to get one? How d'you feel about it?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:12 pm
Oh Gods. Yeah, well.... Well what? What did he think? He didn't know, or rather he did but it was complicated and hard to express and....

Aulus finished off his drink, set the glass on the table and wished he had more. He needed more for this sort of thing and he felt, he felt like other people felt like he shouldn't? Like he should be over it? It was last year, ages ago, and he was being repaired so what was the big?-

"I am. Yeah." Aulus lent his elbow on the table, rubbed his forehead and then swiftly moved to leaning back in his chair and rubbing the back of his neck. "It won't be the same but it'll work. I need it, I need... a tool, I guess. I need two hands for... well nearly everything I do I guess. Martial arts, photography, and just travelling around Kodo like I do I.... Yeah. It'll be easier with two hands but I don't know how I ******** feel about it." He shrugged again and shifted with awkward, restless energy. "I suppose I'll get used to it." He just wanted his own arm back. He should have run faster, made Alex run faster. If Alex had- No. No he wasn't going to start thinking like that. He should just have run faster.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:23 pm
So he was getting one. That made her feel... What? How did she feel about it? Envious, she supposed, because he'd have at least some sort of second hand-like appendage with which to do some stuff again, though she didn't know how much because she didn't have any idea what kind his was. But then why was she envious if she didn't want one? She didn't want one because it wasn't the same, so she shouldn't feel envious in the slightest, right?

Pushing such thoughts aside - his body language hinted that he was rather uncomfortable with this topic as well - Sera rummaged around in her pocket briefly before she slapped some money down on the table with a flourish. "I think," she began with an airy, somewhat grandiose manner, "we need more drinks."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:27 pm
"Damn ******** straight," Aulus replied with a heavy exhalation, scooping up the money with a vague eye for how much it was as he got to his feet. "Same again for you, or something else?" What could he get that was stronger? "I could get a pitcher of something." Why not? He had tomorrow off, and drinking was... well it just seemed to make it easier to talk, for him and he guessed for Sera too.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:32 pm
"Hmm.. Something stronger this time, I think," she said after mulling it over for a moment or two. Definitely something stronger, if topics like that were on the table for discussion. A pitcher? That wasn't something she'd considered before. "Maybe we can get a pitcher in a bit when we stop caring about what the drinks taste like and once we only care about the fact they've got lots of alcohol in them." That sounded like a decent suggestion to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:36 pm
"Fair," Aulus replied with a shrug, he felt like he was already past caring but that was probably because it was him who'd been posed the twisty sick-feeling question. How could he be excited one moment and near revolted the next? He didn't make sense. He was just being dramatic about it probably, hadn't he always been given to such? Too much anger, too much devotion, never appropriate? Or something. ******** it, he needed more to drink.

"So stronger, but fruity still?" Maybe he'd have a shot while he was at the bar.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:39 pm
"Yeah, for now," she confirmed with a nod, though already she'd started considering what sort of drink she'd want for the next one. Maybe she'd forgo the fruitiness altogether in favor of something stronger and simpler. But she hadn't come here to get drunk, so maybe not... Whatever, she'd think about it more when the time came but not before.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:47 pm
He got the drinks pretty quickly by dint of shoulders and death glares, looking like trouble was good for some stuff at least.

After just a couple of minutes Aulus returned to the table with something pale pink in a cocktail glass for Sera and something clear in a simple tumbler over ice for himself. There were mint leaves decorating Sera's drink. "Raspberries, syrup, vodka, a dash of of rosé wine, and mint leaves," he explained as he passed it over. It had sounded pretty classy, which he suspected Sera appreciated.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:27 pm
While waiting, Sera took to leaning her elbow on the table with her chin in her palm as her gaze roamed around the bar's interior. It certainly had been a while since she'd been to one, all things considered. When had she gone to one last...? Probably not since before her accident, but she couldn't remember for sure. She'd gone to one, maybe two clubs since then, but bars? No, she wasn't too sure.

Kurt returned shortly though, so she shook herself out of her thoughts as she raised her head from her hand. Her eyebrows raised a bit as she listened to the brief explanation of what her drink contained. "Ohh, that sounds fancy," the brunette stated as she accepted the martini, noting how pleasant it smelled before she took a sip of it. A little too sour for what she normally liked, but it was still good. "Thanks. So," she went on after a pause, "any other stories of people being stupid jerks?"

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:21 am
Aulus gave a short sharp laugh as he dropped down into his seat and leant backwards, far more relaxed than he was in most company. "Do I have any more stories. Is a Psyduck's arse watertight? Let's see, where shall I start?..."

All in all it turned out to be a very enjoyable night, they really would have to do this more often. Three cheers for understanding and all that, it was good not to be alone.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas