Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Clear as Day was on the surface. It was night, she could tell, even without eyes to see from. The familiar swirls and shapes lurked and buzzed about. Life echoed from all of it, from the trees, to the fireflies, to all else. Conventual sight failed her, but she’d always been able to see the world around her, perhaps even more clearly than the average kin and certainly better than the average zikwa.

Clarity thought it must be so, or else how could they not be stalled in wonder like she so often was? Caught up in watching the web of life weave it’s way through each and every thing. Every flicker, every twitch, there was simply so much going on, so much to see, how could she not? Even as she sat, legs folded, still and silent, the whole world was shouting with it's colour and vibrancy.

Life was everywhere, it was energy, it was sight and so Clarity had never been blind. The world in all it's intricately woven glory had always been clear to her. Nothing was left unseen, even as her attention jumped from pulse to pulse. Nothing clouded, always clear.

Until today.

Chrystali
I hope this is okay! c: I wasn't sure how literal Death's nickname was to his uh, state of being? But I thought it would be interesting if she had trouble "seeing" him. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He moved in silence like the night that cloaked him, his pelt making his shape melt between moon-cast shadows. Death was thinner than most of his kind, even with his large, gnarled rack, and with his slight of form, he had learned to be slight of presence as well. He was used to being looked at with unease, used to being skirted in the day hours. His name, if nothing else, expressed his understanding of the discomfort of others in his presence.

He was understandably given pause, however, when he crossed a strange kin colored like moonlight-touched waters, a soft glow on her pelt that gave him pause and piqued his curiosity. Death crossed land in his quiet, unearthly way, his head bowed, his unkempt mane sliding down his neck and over his delicately glowing eyes. He did not want to frighten her or otherwise repulse her with his presence, but every conversation started with a word -- and he would need to be the one to share it.

"Fair one," he addressed her in a voice that was thick and soft like velvet, low enough to be lost in a stiff breeze, "please excuse my inquiry, if it gives ponderance. What manner of being are you?" Not exactly tactful, but to the point, in case she didn't want to invite further discussion.

ed Araucana
He's personified as death and BPric has life, so it works just fine! Again, sorry this took so long to reply to! q~q

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:01 pm
Clear as Day actually flinched at the quiet, soft voice of the… buck? The nearness of it had surprised her, her ears pricked in the speaker’s direction but otherwise she froze. How very strange. He was there, but barely, and the faint energy that darted around was different. If she looked carefully she could tell he was kimeti, not uncommon to the surface lands but that was all that she could call “common” about him.

Her form relaxed, a little of the mystery unravelled. Clarity turned her head towards the other kin, as was polite even though it made little difference to her. Thinking back on his voice, she realised it had formed a question. She smiled, he wishes to know what manner of being she might be? Plain, she thought before speaking, when compared to you.

“I am a zikwa,” She speaks slowly, quietly. “Though I am a little different.”

The wonders of life buzz about as usual, but Clarity finds herself drawn instead to the sparse space this buck occupied in amongst it all. He was a near silence amongst the ever noise.

Chrystali
No worries! c:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:02 pm
His glowing eyes took in the lack of her own, marveling. Blind. Or...something like it. She seemed innately aware of him, giving Death the impression that she could see him to some degree. The darkness where her eyes would be that greeted him was almost...a comfort.

Delicate legs brought him closer to the zikwa, intrigue laced through his voice, "I believe that." The dark male stood a fair distance from her, but he ceased to move or encroach upon her space, not one to push and frequently on the side of being uninvited. "Might you share your story with a wandering soul? I've heard much of the zikwa, but never have I crossed any." He lifted his head, letting his scraggly hair fall over his withers, attentive to the female and any words she might choose to share. It wasn't as though he frequently had conversation partners, and even less true was that he was interested in seeking such a thing out -- this was a decidedly unique experience. "I'm most curious what this unique and legendary being might share about...what makes her different."

The buck paused, speaking the next part as though it didn't often come up in conversation. "I am Painful Truth."

ed Araucana
I AM SO SORRY, I'd been prepping for a really important internship and now working 14 hour days, I'm REALLY REALLY SORRY but I haven't forgotten!! <3

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:21 am
Clarity soaked in his presence and breathed out a low sigh. While she’d never in her life felt bothered by her unique sight and the busyness of the world it revealed to her, this buck of little life was to her sight what a breath of fresh air was to her lungs.

She allowed silence to envelope them for several moments before speaking in return. “I have little to tell of my kin, I confess, in the ways of culture. I was was raised by my mother, who was of your kind, though perhaps more typical than yourself.”

Another long pause as she regarded an energy spasm to her far right that she was joyously familiar with. A new mother crane sat hidden amongst think reeds. As the first of two chicks manages to break from it’s shell, taking it’s very first breath of outside air. A frantic bundle of energy one moment, a quiet, steady beat the next, pure and new.

“Come sit by me,” Her even voice invited. “Painful Truth, and I will tell about what I can of fellow zikwa and of my difference.” Her attention back to the her companion, she stained to regard him but he remained faint to her vision. He was the polar opposite to the crane’s newly-hatched, now two, not a moment later. Contrary to new life, and yet he did not feel feeble or aged in the way she might’ve suspected… she could tell he was far from nearing his final breath. Somehow he was sustained and stable, even teetering so close to nothingness. His name also, baffled her. There was so much she couldn’t tell about him, from his height to where his hooves touched the ground, he was a wonder.

Clarity breathed in deeply. “It's strange," She told him, "How I can see, how I can feel, clearly every movement... every breath... every pulse, and yet none of yours." A pause as her attention was snatched be an owlcat’s sudden and decisive kill not far off behind them.

“Might you also share with me, so that I might understand why?" She spoke entranced, her voice vague as she continued. "My name... is Clear as Day, though Clarity is simpler...”

Chrystali
Once again, no worries dear! Take as much time as you need, always. ♥
Sorry if this passage is a little incoherent! Clarity is a little that way herself. xD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:26 pm
He listened, slim ears facing the doe. Her invitation was surprising, albeit a welcomed one. Death slowly closed the space between them and, either unused to being so near another or not knowing any better, he tucked his legs beneath his lithe form and sat next to her, his dark pelt against her brighter one.

"I've heard tales," he remarked, his voice even softer to be so near to her, "and you needn't share a history if you'd rather not. I'm curious. You're lovely and unafraid. Such a large first in one's life is often met with...wonder." His tail curled lazily to the side, behind her.

He opened his mouth to say something, but her question - followed by introduction - gave him pause. Death had never been asked, and he was not sure how to voice something he had thought on all his life. What amount of words were enough? He was a succinct creature. But then, nothing that was worthwhile came easy.

"I am a part of Death, which is...another name I answer to. I am not so arrogant to think myself its incarnate, but as you've made note, I am not quite lively." He tilted his great horned head to the side, jagged white maw parted with a breath to consider his next words. "My name harkens to a fear of death. Perhaps it has made me smaller. Perhaps my life is diminutive, even in my own eyes."

It was a sobering thought, one he had many times before, but giving it voice was far more unpleasant. Instead, he turned his attention to her name, how it related to her and what she saw. "You have a fascinating gift, Clarity. Your name - your namesake - seems quite the opposite of who and what you are." His jagged marked mouth quirked in a brief smile. "You enthrall me with your vivid appearance and bright words in the same way my lack thereof draws your attention. How curious."

Araucana
It makes sense to me, reminds me of a book I enjoyed reading, she's very interesting to 'see' into! <3 And thank you. ;v;

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 pm
"Yes, how curious."

Clarity found herself echoing him, with whole-heartedly in agreement. She began even, to revere him. This was, the very first time that another seemed as enthralled and enchanted by unique states of form and being as herself.

She found her own life force bounding about her body, bubbling to the surface in quick beats of her heart and shortened breaths, as if it wanted to burst from her body and fill the void space he occupied.

The sounds and sights of the world began to melt away as her mind focused on Painful Truth, the soft spoken, quiet wonder of a buck... briefly her mind flicked back toward the mother crane and her now three baby chicks. Reproduction was foreign to her personally, though she'd seen it through others a thousand times over. Perphaps, it was time?

Unsure of how to announce her intentions, Clarity leaned slowly, but heavily against his side, feeling his slight but tall frame, soft and ever so slightly warm. Just a hint of life, as her sight had suggested. Several moments she stayed like that, before carefully rubbing her cheek along his throat, starting from his shoulder and traveling upwards, so tall was he compared to her, she had to stretch her nose to just barely reach the underside of his jaw.

It felt odd to be so forward, to initiate rather than to let be unfold. This was a process of life, she reminded herself, she was driven by energy as she and all other life always had.

Chrystali
I hope this is okay! >///< We can fade to black after your next post if you like?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:06 am
Her soft words echoing his own were met with an interested tilt of his head, choosing not to move from his given position as she moved in turn, watching her with mindful consideration. Clarity's body language seemed to shift in a sudden moment, though he'd not be so vain as to say in what direction; he, too, was unused to the propagation of life, and did not immediately know her intent by the comforting weight of her pressed to his side. She felt soft and warm against him, drawing his attention to a point - where she was, and where the space between them was diminished. Death's breathing was slow and measured, patient and content to let her express herself the way she felt she needed to continue their conversation.

Except, by the time her cheek pressed to his neck, he felt his own thoughts shift and turn, an evolution of a discussion and a connection of two very different souls finding a common ground. When her nose touched beneath his jaw, he realized their conversation would continue -- but not in words, no, something more innate in nature, even if foreign to them. A low, rolling hum returned her gesture, and with all the gentleness he possessed, he lowered his head to return the touch, mirroring it against her soft skin: from shoulder to neck, nuzzling softly beneath her hair to touch her cheek. She smelled delightfully new and different to him, and yet somehow familiar...like rainfall on foreign terrain, enticing. Who was he to resist?

Clarity had issued an invitation, and Death would not leave it unanswered.

Araucana
A MOTHER FLUFFIN' YEAR LATER...but the wordcount is met (1018 for me), so we're good to go~

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces