Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
The Scandal of Scandinavia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 am
The Scandal of Scandinavia  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:55 am
I don't think "integration, assimilation, and community cohesion" is God's goal though. There has to be a healthy dose of hatred against God's people so they don't assimilate into the culture (i.e. Moses, Joseph, Us).

• Exodus 8:26 (NIV)

26 But Moses said, “That would not be right. The sacrifices we offer the Lord our God would be detestable to the Egyptians. And if we offer sacrifices that are detestable in their eyes, will they not stone us?
        (similar to Denmark's aversion to circumcision)

• Genesis 43:32 (NIV)

32 They served him by himself, the brothers by themselves, and the Egyptians who ate with him by themselves, because Egyptians could not eat with Hebrews, for that is detestable to Egyptians.

• Genesis 46:34 (NIV)

34 you should answer, ‘Your servants have tended livestock from our boyhood on, just as our fathers did.’ Then you will be allowed to settle in the region of Goshen, for all shepherds are detestable to the Egyptians.”

• Matthew 24:9 (NIV)

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

The moment we assimilate, is the moment we stop being "holy" (literally, "set-apart"). If we successfully assimilate, then it means we're doing something wrong in our worship. The nations will be judged for their anti-Semitism, if they don't repent—and we should pray for them because they don't know what they're doing—but God still uses their hatred for our good (to keep us set-apart). In the past, the anti-Israel sentiments gave the Israelites legitimate reason to leave Egypt to sacrifice (thus go back to the promised land), gave them legitimate reason to settle in Goshen (protected from God's wrath), and gives us legitimate reason to not participate in interfaith movements that would obscure the uniqueness of Jesus—he's not some Buddha or Muhammad or a mere prophet. He's the savior of the world, the prophesied messiah and God incarnate. And everything is going back to Israel. Every year we will make pilgrimages to Jerusalem to keep the Festival of Tabernacles come time.

Somehow, some way, this hatred is necessary.

• Zechariah 12:3 (NIV)

3 On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

• Zechariah 14:2(NIV)

2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces