Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Cooking on Faith - "Chopped" show feat. Chef Lance Nitahara

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:11 pm
Sharing this because I happened to be randomly watching a show called "Chopped", a popular TV series featuring talented chef contestants. Chefs are given a list of an ingredients they must use in their dishes. Contestants are timed and judged on their dishes.

So why am I sharing this? Chopped contestant, Lance Nitahara, shared his testimony throughout this episode. He stated how before he came to know Christ, he used to be "a jerk" and would "step on people to get to where he wanted". Watching him share his view of the world, his journey, and even of the competition was very moving.

His opponent and runner-up, Chef Madison Cowan, shared how she was competing to win funds to fly to France to visit her ill grandmother.

Ultimately, Lance Nitahara was named winner. However, the episode had a very sweet ending of him sharing his winnings. It moved me to tears. I thought I would share this touching story with everyone. Enjoy!

Article: http://www.emporiagazette.com/news/article_b293dcc6-e330-11e2-837b-10604b9f1ff4.html
YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NS2VAnu6NM  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:27 am
Thank you for sharing this, it is inspirational smile  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:52 am