[B] Clear as Mud [Expecting to Fly x Wildflower Breeze]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Attempt number 8. Ready in 3, 2, 1 and--" with a whoop of delight, Expecting to Fly pushed off from the top of the hill, sliding in the mud. She skidded down on all four hoofs, managing to stay upright until the very bottom (where she collasped into a fit of giggles). "WHOO! That was so awesome! Again!" The doe scrambled to her feet and shook the mud out of her eyes. She had fell and rolled so much that she looked thoroughly browner.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Another kin approached the bottom of the hill. He was brown all over too, but not from the mud. He'd been watching quietly since attempt number 6, hiding in the brush, and had at last decided to make himself known to this curious doe.

"I do hate to spoil your fun," the old fellow mumbled, "but you might want to be a little more careful."
Quote:
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:47 pm
Fly stared wide-eyed at the legendary. She had seen the odd legendary or two at a festival, but they were still uncommon enough to put her off-guard. This one's eyes glowed green.

"Why?" she asked, the tiniest hint of defiance in her voice.

She had grown up with everyone warning her to be more careful. To stop this. Stop that. But she knew her limits -- had been taught her limits. "You knoow, I CAN take care of myself. It isn't as bad as it looks." She skipped over to him, "In fact, YOU can have a go too, if you'd like!

Kitty Sprightt
(:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:06 pm
Oh, he'd accidentally touched a nerve. "Oh, I don't doubt - you ARE and adult, of course you can," he puffed crossly. "And I will not be having a go at that, thank you very much," he added, gesturing at the slippery slope of recklessness before him. "I take quite enough tumbles in my travels without doing it deliberately.

"All I meant was that you might want to watch out for your children," he added softer tones.
Amizade

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:18 pm
Fly opened her mouth to retort back but at his last sentence, she faltered. Her mouth opened and closed and for perhaps the second time in her life, she was lost for words.

"?!" she managed -- a squeak.

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:32 pm
The stag's mouth quivered as he bit back a grin at her reaction - it would have been dreadfully rude, but to be fair, that was one of the cutest reactions he'd had to that sort of news yet.

Continuing quickly to hide his near indiscretion, he said, "I apologize for delivering the news so suddenly, but I thought it might be wiser to warn you. I don't expect you you give up any of your... daring-do, or adventurous spirit," he supplied, allowing himself the smile he'd withheld, "but it might be wise to take a bit of a break once you can actually feel them growing."
Amizade

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:53 pm
"I-- but I don't... News? Feel them growing?" and suddenly she was laughing. It started as a silent shudder and grew until she was practically howling.

"You're a funny one, such a cheeky legendary," she gasped, trying to catch her breath inbetween bouts of laughther. There were tears streaming down her face as she nudged him playfully, "Children! Hah!"

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:18 pm
"I'm, ah, being entirely serious," he stammered, her laughter throwing him for a loop. Others had reacted with denial before certainly, but it certainly wasn't common. In his youth, it might have stung his pride - but today, he only felt concern.

"Are you so sure that I'm wrong? Tell me, have you lain with a buck or two of late? Been feeling ill in the mornings? New food cravings, or suddenly disliking a food you once enjoyed... ?" He asked his questions gently, with no rancor or accusation - though perhaps a bit loud.
Amizade

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:05 pm
Her laughter died down as he spoke again, sobered a bit more at each question. She blushed as well, not only at his questions but the way in which he voiced them. He sounded concerned -- like mother.

Shame-faced, she thought back and recalled a buck. "There was... a friend. He was orange and his eyes were a bit glowy like yours. But we were only playing..." She hadn't been feeling ill for the past month or two but now she felt sick.

The doe stared at the stag, wide-eyed again, "I can't have children, I can't even take care of myself!" Her lip trembled and suddenly she was crying. What was wrong with her? Why was she crying?

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:37 am
The stag shook his head gently, denying her doubts. "You're obviously a strong, brave, and clever kin," he said, "and those tears aren't entirely yours - mood swings come with the territory, or so I'm told."

(He could claim personal experience with a lot of things, but not with this. Running into first-time mothers as often as he did in his line of work, however, he'd made damned sure to do his research. It was awfully hard to offer comfort if you didn't know what the hell you were talking about.)

"All of the people in your life, who love you and care about you, will help," he continued, steady and strong and confident. "You won't be alone, not through any of it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Here, I'll even do my part," he told her, and suddenly there was a bird - or, no, a ghostly afterimage of a songbird - on his shoulder, behind his minty boa. It plucked a small sprig and flew to the doe, and tucked it daintily behind her ear.

While this happened, the stag intoned, "You'll ride this adventure out will all of your usual aplomb, and your children will be strong and brave like you are: and healthy, whole, and happy." There was something just a shade beyond conviction in his voice, a supernatural surety that was almost an order. His eyes flashed briefly brighter, and with a flutter of wings, the songbird shade vanished.

"Just make sure you get after that friend of yours, too," he teased gently, in entirely natural tones. "Make sure he pulls his weight. They're his too, after all," he finished with a derisive sniff, but quickly softened back to his typical gentle smile.
Quote:
Ah, I hope I didn't do too much at once, here... lemme know if she'd interrupt him at some point here, and I'll amend my post!

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:15 pm
She sniffled as he spoke. There was mother, she would help. And Aunty Essence. Even Greenfinch (though she proabably wouldn't help much). Maybe it would be okay after all.

When the songbird appeared, Fly gasped in delight. She fell silent as he spoke the blessing, a sense of calm sweeping over her. Yes, they'd be healthy and whole, not like her. They would know pain. It was strange to form it into words, but life was so much more dangerous without it. She had seen the worry in Flowerpod's eyes too many times.

She smiled back at him, blinking away the last of her tears, "Maybe I will be okay, huh? Thank-you. And I'll make sure that I tell him. It's not his fault, I mean, even I didn't know about it. I have to tell mother too... she'll be happy, I think. Oh, and what's your name?

Kitty Sprightt
It's all good! <3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:03 pm
It did the old stag's heart good to see the doe's fears and worries ebb. But, ah, introductions... It wasn't often that the party being blessed remembered to ask his name - and even rarer for him to remember to introduce himself without prompting. A troubling pattern, and a habit he would have to break.

"My name is Wildflower Breeze," he said with a simple bow, "storyteller and servant of the swamp's will. Yourself?"
Amizade

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:38 am
"Wildflower Breeze," she repeated, committing the name to her memory, "thank-you for your blessing. One day I'm going to tell my... my children all about you."

She wavered slightly and shook her head to clear the thoughts.

"I'm Fly! That's short for Expecting to Fly. I live near the big tree next to... um, well if you ask for Flowerpod or Essence around these parts, I mean, we have this little shop and I mean, if you just ask for them, I'm sure someone could direct you. I can never fully repay you for your blessing, but you are welcome to come by whenever you want. We've got a huge garden full of flowers and Aunty Essence makes salves and potions."

She grinned at him, "thank-you."

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 am
Breeze grinned a little wider as she gave him her name - it was lovely, with such evocative imagery.

"Ah, you're welcome, but no, no repayment is necessary," the stag rebuffed with a shake of his head. "Helping the peoples of the swamp is my duty, and my pleasure. Still," he continued, tipping her a wink, "I'll make a point to stop in should I be in the neighborhood - especially if I'm in need of your family's services."

With a nod, the stag turned to walk away - or fly away, as it were, the stag disappearing mid-stride to be replaced by the songbird, no longer translucent. He fluttered away through the treetops, piping merrily all the way.
Amizade

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 am
Fly couldn't believe it. She was pregnant and she was going to have babies. A few moments ago, she had been sliding down that muddy hill without a care in the world. Her heart raced as she thought about it. She wasn't scared, she was excited. It was as if she was about to jump off the tallest tree in the swamp. And this time she would fly.

"THANK-YOU, WILDFLOWER BREEEEZE!"

FIN.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces