[PRP] Family Tradition [Rave/Rouge]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
“Beautiful, brave, bold, bashful,” the Kiokote boomed out, hooves turning up the earth where he stamped excitedly with each word. As he recited his list, he stared eagerly at the sand dog he’d cornered in the roots of the trees and it had apparently realized that it was easier to just sit there rather than try to escape again. "And breathtaking, obviously."

Rave knew all about Rouge. The Legendary was like some special magic Godmother to their entire line. It was imperative that, upon finding out he was to be a father, he seek her out and get a blessing. It just wouldn’t be right without it and his offspring would somehow turn out subpar and that just wouldn't be right at all, oh, how embarrassing it would be.

However he had somehow come under the impression that Red-Stained Blossom was not just able to turn into a dog but connected to all of them by some fancy Swamp telepathy and was thus giving his list of traits he’d like his children to inherit to the first random doggy that had the misfortune to wander onto his path.

"Cool, commanding, charismatic, calm… but not too calm."

And the list went on.

Jun D
here it is! flu typing gogogogo what is happening sorry for bad writing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:42 am

"What are you doing?" her voice was quite accusatory, without being too aggressive - she didn't appreciate Kin cornering poor widdle innocent sand dogs...but he was also pretty attractive - and looked strangely familiar.

It could be considered a good old fashioned Swamp miracle that Rouge did pop up as summoned after all...but it was really because he was being so loud and, incredibly, rather close to the current Royal Rainbow Troupe camp. Perhaps it was a miracle after all.

Ruriska
NO omg you have the best posts I swear, I always laugh QAQ But noooo I hope your flu is getting better, bby. ;_;<3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:00 am
"Dedicated, driven, dastardly, oh wait not that one, try daring instead and- pardon me?" Rave turned around to stand protectively between the interloper and his doggy companion, as if worried it would be stolen away.

"This is a very important business transaction. It’s all very hush-hush Motherfather ritual sort of thing and if you’d just-" ‘Bugger off’ he’d been about to say but it had just occurred to him that she was very pretty indeed with just the right pink and a lovely splash of yellow, "-give me a moment I’ll finish off and be right with you."

He flashed her a glorious smile and bless his dumb heart took no notice the fact that her appearance perfectly matched the description of Red-Stained Blossom he had asked his parents for continuously during his foalhood.

"Now, where was I? Right, well, we’d better speed things up. Enduring, fast, generous…"

Jun D
Eii! >o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:15 pm
Attractive but annoying. And very, very noisy.

"Let the poor dear go," she snapped, "it's not going to be able to help you with any 'hush-hush Motherfather ritual' and it's very unhappy with you - I didn't need to be able to understand it to tell you that."

Ruriska
I considered having her just say "I hope any children you have aren't as dumb as you," and going away, but I guess she'd want to rescue the poor goggie. XD

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 am
Rave’s mouth snapped shut mid-sentence as he reacted to Rouge’s sharp tone like a chastened dog. He looked over at her with big, watery eyes that said ‘why are you being so mean?’ but he took a step back, allowing the grateful pup to scamper away.

"I wasn’t hurting it," he whined. Now his kids were only going to be as half as good as they could be.

Jun D
I won't blame her if she takes that option now. XD Rave is terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:19 am
Rouge was of half a mind to follow the sand dog's example...but there was something about big dumb lunks making puppy eyes at her that she was unfortunately susceptible to (case in point: the big dumb lunk she'd had kids with), and so instead she drummed her hoofs irritably against the newly vacated roots.

"Now, what 'hush-hush Motherfather ritual' was it you needed help with?" she asked, trying just a bit too hard to sound casual, rather than obviously put off that he hadn't yet seemed to twig she was practically a Swamp emissary.

Ruriska
Eeheehee there's still time for that to happen

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:45 am
He kicked half-heartedly at the ground; like one very big foal embarrassed that he’d been caught being naughty. "Well, I’m going to be a father and I was sending a message to my Godmother. She’s a Legendary, chosen by the Swamp. My whole line as been blessed by her and she’s connected to the dogs and it’s all very important and…"

And he trailed off because he’d finally looked at her properly and not in just the suggestively quick glance of ‘well, you’re a bit of alright then’ and now his knees had started to tremble.

"But I’m sure she’s very busy doing very busy things and I guess I’ll be on my way. Lovely to meet you and all. Have a good day!" Because topping off your actual ignorance with pretend ignorance was clearly the best course of action.

Jun D
I was tempted to keep it going but it has to twig eventually. xD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:17 am
"YOU!!" glowing eyes wide, she sprang into his path, preventing escape, "I thought you looked familiar! That tail...those markings...GASP. You're Rolling Stone's kid! But she wasn't so loud and stupid, so..."

As she paced back and forth, handily blocking the buck every which way, old memories begin to stir...

"...So loud...and stupid...there was a doe...she was climbing a tree...and...oh nooo," she groaned, "your whole line? Is your...uh, grandmother, I guess, pink?"

Ruriska
Oh no Rave is the best worst (and 'well, you’re a bit of alright then' is now my favourite compliment ever XD)

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:54 am
"ME!" Rave exclaimed right back at her, looking as if he was one second away from rolling onto his back and showing his belly.

After the first few aborted steps left and right, he gave up trying to get away and nodded glumly. Glum because she’d just called him loud and stupid and he didn’t think trying to climb a tree was at all weird especially if it was his grandmother doing it.

"Yes! She is quite pink!" He replied, voice oddly shrill and high-pitched, as if the higher it got the less stupid she’d think he was. "With grand hair! She’s quite the stunner! If she wasn’t my grandmother I'd- oh damn, that sounds bad but you know what I mean, or maybe you don’t."

His grin was stretched much too wide as he stumbled over quick words injected with little bursts of nervous laughter. "So you’re Red-Stained Blossom then? Such luck! I guess the MotherFather does work in mysterious ways, am I right? I didn’t even realize! I’ve been searching all day and then I found the dog and I guess it worked out in the end and I didn’t hurt it at all I promise. Was my blessing too much? Did you hear any of it? I’ll recite it back to you or, ah, or maybe I’ll just…"

And then Rave did the smartest thing he’d done all day and stopped talking. Snapped his mouth completely shut and didn't say another word.

Jun D
He's a nervous talker. (lmao, yeah, I keep switching between reading that in an Aussie accent and a Cockney one. xD)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:43 am
"What did I bless her with..." she'd murmured as he'd rambled, paying only half-mind, "I...riiiiight."

As he abruptly fell silent, she grandly declared, "I blessed your grandmother's children with, amongst other attributes, common sense. I see now that blessing did not extend to her grandchildren. Today, I shall rectify that for her grandchildren's children."

Ruriska
He's perfect. QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 am
"C-common sense, r-right, that’s a good one. I was going to mention that," he stuttered, breaking his brief silence and nodding eagerly to show her just how on board he was with 'common sense'.

It hadn't happened quite as expected but he was finally getting the blessing he had been searching for. He lifted his head proudly to receive said blessing and then added, as a hopeful afterthought, "and uh, did you catch all my other requests?"

Jun D
just like his kids!!! <3333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:10 am
She stilled and looked at him for a moment with something very close to true pity.

"Yes, dear," she said gravely, "I did."

With an extravagant shimmy, she faded into...a little pink sand dog.

The little pink sand dog yipped a few choice barks at him, and darted at his heels in a way that conveyed he was not to move. Then, with a grand swish of the fluffy pink tail, she launched into a prancy dance about him, ululating to the heavens in a series of melodic howls. Dogspeak did not translate to Kinspeak very well, but it essentially went something like this:

Dear Motherfather, you see all and hear all and undoubtedly heard his entire request but that would be a very bad idea, I think common sense is definitely the way to go and oh let's just settle for something like 'may they be happy and hale and all that they can be' and common-sensey, yes, I think that's pretty okay - thanks!

Another shimmy, and she was a mare again.

"It is done."

Ruriska
AAAAHHH RURIBBY YOUR BBYS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! ;A;!!! Aaahh CONGRATS they are so their gorgeous parents' - and also grandparent's, Riot's hair! And pink! XD Who're you keeping!?

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 pm
Sure he couldn’t understand a word of her yipping and howling but he liked to think that he could and he nodded knowingly as she danced around in her cute little dog form. Clearly she was making sure all of his requests were being passed on.

"That was nifty," he said, in regards to the whole transformation business. Rave was all smiles and confidence again and while he wasn’t going to pursue the option now, he figured one day he could have a crack at getting some proper alone time with his Godmother.

"Thank for that. Did you stress the brave and bold part? Because that was obviously the most important part. Cool too, they’ve gotta be cool." He grinned. "Pass on my best regards to the big mother next time you uh, chat, or whatever it is you do. I’ll just head on my way and give my lady the good news!"

Rather than turn around, he started slowly walking backwards, making sure he had her permission to leave.

Jun D
It was soooo hard. They're all the best and those throwbacks killed me happily. Q__Q <3 In the end, pink hair on the left is staying with me!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:44 am
"Of course," she said, straight-faced.

She watched him walk strangely backwards for a moment before she realised what was going on, which immediately puffed her up enough to adopt an officiating air.

"Now you may leave," she declared airily, waving a hoof, "go, be with your lady, allay her fears. Your children shall be supreme*." *Terms and conditions may apply.

"Go forth. Ta-ta."

Now...where was that sand dog?

Ruriska
GASP. ARE WE DONE?! And AAAAHHH yes awesome choice, bby, that glorious hair from his mom!

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas