Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
With a new, fresh start coming...rp idea/s inside.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:06 pm
For those that are still active and paying attention to the thread, we know that a new place is coming for this guild and its active members. Perhaps we can share roleplay ideas in this thread or general forum? Regardless I was going to try an idea that is still mostly in my head and I would like other people's opinions or questions to provoke production/inspiration.

Pokemon, it's been on my mind since I've been playing and roleplaying in a thread. I've gotten permission from he creator that I'm roleplaying with currently to make this roleplay.

It wouldn't just be pokemon, it would be mixed in with harvest moon. I wanted the roleplay to stay condensed in the town rather than the entire Kalos region, just so characters wouldn't get too spread out. I had an idea for a pokemon school, two even, for this town. Most characters I at first imagined would be students learning about pokemon, and various studies that can be learned with the use and companionship of pokemon. I didn't want to limit it to the school, since it is a harvest moonish roleplay, so there would be available adult characters to have around the area (blacksmith, rancher, orchard, cafe, mayor ect.)

For antagonists of this roleplay type, naturally it would be a gang group similar to Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Flare ect. I don't have the entire complexity of such an orgnizaiton developed around this town yet, but I'll think of something.

--------------------------------------------

Then I thought of other ideas involving pokemon. Prehistoric or medieval times? People who set out on epic quests for their kindgom, village, or to be a hero, or whatever they wish to be. Pokeballs and most technology obviously wouldn't exist so obtaining pokemon by your side would be through actually befriending them. This is a bit of a fickle idea in my head, there isn't a concrete story in mind other than have a small selection a group setting out on a quest.

--------
The last idea would possibly be the opposite way, an apocolypse pokemon setting where say one of the more legendary pokemon succeeds in being destructive of the world we knew wiping out most life, but a few managing to survive and make it in the 'new' world that one of the team aqua/magma/flare/rocket had in mind. Like the second one, most of the technology would be lost unless found and fixed or savaged and through luck it still works.

I'm more keen to the top one because we're all familiar with the pokemon we know, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to be a little daring. The main thing about all these ideas would be the random generation I'd give to people for encounters and those characters picking out their first pokemon (students).

Thoughts, questions, or what roleplay ideas does everyone else have for the new start?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:50 pm
Ever thought about instead of pokemon and their partners, but rather being a pokemon gijinka.

Pokemon gijinka Rp is something I have done in the past and wouldn't mind making it again in the new guild. I can't find my old one I posted here.

Another one that I did and can't find on here was a zombie survival type of Rp that had a certain realism with how much you could carry and what you could carry.  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

Flawless Fire

Desirable Raider

7,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:03 pm
Thank you for doing this sweetheart! This will be perfect come opening day for those of you who want to start new roleplays and such! Definitely a smart idea starting this thread c: ❤  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:23 pm
captain gemi
Ever thought about instead of pokemon and their partners, but rather being a pokemon gijinka.

Pokemon gijinka Rp is something I have done in the past and wouldn't mind making it again in the new guild. I can't find my old one I posted here.

Another one that I did and can't find on here was a zombie survival type of Rp that had a certain realism with how much you could carry and what you could carry.

I thought of Pokemon Gijinka, for a D&D type roleplay (instead of race and class it would of obviously been pokemon mix and move set ect.) for whatever world could be created. I'd be more into the D&D if there was more than one diceroll thing per post (so you can roll for 1d20 and roll for damage ect, along with being able to make custom dice that will let you apply your character stat junk to it) but Gaia doesn't really have that. I'm not too sure how to execute stat based roleplays to make it fairish, so I just tend to stick to more story and ask people to either talk it out, roll a dice to see who wins, or I roll for them to be a neutral decider when it comes to in character fight (or better so, let them fight via posts and figure it out themselves if they can be mature about it).  

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:23 pm
Flawless Fire
Thank you for doing this sweetheart! This will be perfect come opening day for those of you who want to start new roleplays and such! Definitely a smart idea starting this thread c: ❤

Thank you kindly, if another thread like this starts I'll be there, everyone's free to post ideas and thoughts for upcoming roleplays with other active roleplayers that will be in the new guild if they want.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:41 pm
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi

I thought of Pokemon Gijinka, for a D&D type roleplay (instead of race and class it would of obviously been pokemon mix and move set ect.) for whatever world could be created. I'd be more into the D&D if there was more than one diceroll thing per post (so you can roll for 1d20 and roll for damage ect, along with being able to make custom dice that will let you apply your character stat junk to it) but Gaia doesn't really have that. I'm not too sure how to execute stat based roleplays to make it fairish, so I just tend to stick to more story and ask people to either talk it out, roll a dice to see who wins, or I roll for them to be a neutral decider when it comes to in character fight (or better so, let them fight via posts and figure it out themselves if they can be mature about it).

And this is true. Lots of people want to the main character and want to win at everything. I tired to do a D&D type and that took forever just to get steps through the story. They ended up doing that each character posted several rolls to get their stats and what not. then after like 5 roll posts, then they wrote based on those rolls. With four characters, it was a while before a round was actually completed. I remember it took 213 posts to clear a room of two enemies. This also included dodges, buffs, critical hits, and rewards. I think D&D are fitted to be personal 1x1 with the person that creates the story and the one that plays it.  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:06 pm
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi

And this is true. Lots of people want to the main character and want to win at everything. I tired to do a D&D type and that took forever just to get steps through the story. They ended up doing that each character posted several rolls to get their stats and what not. then after like 5 roll posts, then they wrote based on those rolls. With four characters, it was a while before a round was actually completed. I remember it took 213 posts to clear a room of two enemies. This also included dodges, buffs, critical hits, and rewards. I think D&D are fitted to be personal 1x1 with the person that creates the story and the one that plays it.

I wish there was a bb coding to make custom rolls that'll just show up and look similar to a quote, that way you can have a spoiler to cover it up from the post to sort of have it for others to see if they want and it wouldn't take up room or 5 different posts for each roll. Would be nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:15 pm
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi

I wish there was a bb coding to make custom rolls that'll just show up and look similar to a quote, that way you can have a spoiler to cover it up from the post to sort of have it for others to see if they want and it wouldn't take up room or 5 different posts for each roll. Would be nice.

Sadly thats a bit complicated for gaia as it would involve CC+ coding just to have the BB coding to work. Thats for the gaia software programmers job to do. Oh well. Actually this D&D talk reminds me of some maze game I used to play in middle school on the bus where someone would create a maze with a bunch of stuff like monsters, treasures and traps. Then have another player play the maze with using simply commands like "I want to go left, right, back, forward, open the door, don't open the door, turn around, use potion" while the creator would simply say in turn "you hit a wall, found a door, dead end, found a monster, your dead because of a trap, monster kills you, found loot, kill the monster, health is down, use potion to recover, and found the end...Hmm maybe i should make an Rp based off of this simple game.  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:46 pm
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi

Sadly thats a bit complicated for gaia as it would involve CC+ coding just to have the BB coding to work. Thats for the gaia software programmers job to do. Oh well. Actually this D&D talk reminds me of some maze game I used to play in middle school on the bus where someone would create a maze with a bunch of stuff like monsters, treasures and traps. Then have another player play the maze with using simply commands like "I want to go left, right, back, forward, open the door, don't open the door, turn around, use potion" while the creator would simply say in turn "you hit a wall, found a door, dead end, found a monster, your dead because of a trap, monster kills you, found loot, kill the monster, health is down, use potion to recover, and found the end...Hmm maybe i should make an Rp based off of this simple game.

Would be a lot of work DMing it, but I'd probably play in it. I'd probably die pretty fast.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:06 pm
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi
CaptainXXMorgan
captain gemi

Would be a lot of work DMing it, but I'd probably play in it. I'd probably die pretty fast.

knowing my luck and me, i''l be the first one to find a trap and die from it. DM'ing it would long and difficult, unless you keep it as simple as possible. Also there is no level of RP ability to actually do it mind it as long as its just between two people. Simple stuff that requires a few sentence. I guess its no longer considered Rp'ing but rather RPG's at this stage  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 am
Id be down for the midieval type. :3 I've been watching pokemon recently (the old old old one.) and they actually touch base on ancient poke ball relics. Perhaps something like that would go into play?  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games