Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It wasn't a surprise that Fox was late - it was almost written on his bones to show up at the last minute to the party, and today was no exception to the rule. He had been told a time, and he would abide to it . . . roughly.

Rushing through the brush, he cackled as wildly as he could, a wicked smile on his face as he caught sight of the little creatures he rustled up from the underbrush. Normally he would give chase - enjoying the excitement of it all - but he knew what would happen if he didn't show up at all. A royal stand-down, or worse, the little owlcat would just stare at him for hours.

Oh, he didn't want that.

Breaking in to the small clearing that he was told to be at, he looked around, ears perked high. "AYE-I-MADE-IT-IS-ANYONE-H--" He started calling out for Party Fowl, catching his breath, before his legs tangled and he flew over the 'meti in question.

Oops.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fox was late. This much was an unquestionable fact of life. If the gang decided to meet anywhere, the Kio would be later than anyone else in the crew. It had long bothered Party Fowl, to the point she had held him in contempt for some time. Eventually, it had just... stopped bothering her.

That, or she had gotten much better at pretending it didn't bother her.

Today found Party Fowl in a particularly warm, sunny spot. By some miracle of the Motherfather, there was a glorious rock that caught the midday sun just so. With the light beaming down on it, it was the perfect rock- not too high from the ground (not high at all!), with just the right warmth to soothe her back and flank. Sighing to herself, Party Fowl ruffled herself up, and took the deepest, most relaxing breath that she could.

...Only to find herself tumbled over by the aforementioned Kio. With an anguished squawk, Party Fowl was thrown from the rock and skidded her way across the swamp. Life Giver, who had been nestled in a nearby tree, screeched his anger at the sudden disruption of a midday nap.

"Oh, you...!!!" Scrambling to her feet, Party Fowl glared down at Fox. "Not ONLY are you late again, you have the INDECENCY to interrupt my nap!"

...But what else was new? Scowling, Party Fowl butted her head against the Kio's side. It was both an affectionate and annoyed gesture, as the doe had no horns to make it into a serious issue.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 pm
He was definitively legs-over-kio, for a moment, blinking off the sudden vertigo that came from doing a 180 and landing on the ground. After a moment, he couldn't help but crack another smile, cackling wildly, before shuffling back up on his legs, long tail flashing behind him as he caught sight of Fowl, and the scowl on her face from the whole interaction.

Taking the headbutt, he went to nose in her little yellow hair fluff, snuffling it affectionately. She couldn't stay angry with him - he had made it!

"Aye, I b'lieve it be considered 'fashionably late'." He teased to her, looking around. "S'a private function of'a sort? We seem t'be the only mates around. . ." he stated, before staring at the owlcat from the corner of his eyes.

Not quite fully alone but he didn't want to talk about the elephowlcat in the room.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:38 pm
"Fashionably late, please." Party Fowl scoffed, rolling her eyes in amusement. There was always a clever line, or an excuse, with the Kio. It was one of the traits Party Fowl found most endearing in him. Shaking off the additional dirt of being thrown to the ground by Fox, Party Fowl regarded his question, and then shrugged.

"I just occasionally ask you boys to meet. If I'm lucky, one of you turns up, and I have company for the rest of the day," she elaborated, her smile quirking upwards in amusement. How she had ended up the only girl in their little troupe, Party Fowl couldn't say. She just found her boys to be better company than most other kin, and they were the only ones who understood her... quirk.

To be fair, they all had the quirk as well, but that was neither here nor there. Party Fowl considered the likelihood of finding other kin who could handle their... special traits, and scowled at the prospects. Even if she DID hate her brothers, they were all she really had in this world.

"How have you been?" She asked, suddenly feeling a lump in her throat with a sentimental surge for the boys. "Tell me a story. I've missed hearing from you."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces