Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:10 am
User ImageIt wasn't that Dawn was hard to find, more that he was the kind who willing found a way to hide himself when he needed a rest. Being a father had been a hard, but delightful change of his life. Having watched his (literally) golden son grow up and find himself had been a gift of his own, and now, he was the main provider of his son's .. daughter, and the flowery acha who followed her home.

It was tiring work. He loved it, but definitively tiring.

Having found a little niche to himself, the well aged, and swamp-groomed kimeti watched everything that went on around him, from his little perch on a hill. He wasn't really in to the whole strangers showing up kind of thing without knowing, and today was no exception.

What was an exception, was the little doe that showed up on his radar, the dark pelt and dainty steps familiar to him. Giving a coy smile, he stood to his full high again, going to trot down the little decline, closing in on her.

"Roses, beautiful Roses, what joy to see you again. How do you fare?" He murmured, tilting his head.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:56 pm
"And here I'd thought you were lost from me!" Roses cried, whirling around with delight at the sound of her old friend. A smile on her lips, she nuzzled affectionately against the dark buck, thrilled to see him once more. Her travels through the swamp had been desperately trying, both physically and emotionally. While she had encountered many a curious kin, the separation from things she knew was simply exhausting.

Dawn's First Light was not her mate, but he was the closest thing to a second soul Rose possessed. Somehow, they simply clicked. It was so easy to speak with him, to be herself completely and utterly without fear. Some of the tension in her body eased at the sheer feeling of companionship and comfort that his arrival signaled.

"The strangest things have happened since I last saw you. Did you know, we have a great-grandson? He looks so much like me!" She laughed, soft and light for the first time in what felt like years. Truly, she wished for that, at least, Dawn had been there to meet Agonist. It was a very curious encounter that the poetic buck would've fared.

"Also, I do believe I was propositioned. I rather thought I was too old for that," She sighed, still bemused in her tone.

"But what of you? How have you been, Dawn?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:47 pm
"Oh, my dear Roses, you will never lose me. I'm always around the corner. Just probably a little messier than the last time you saw me." He teased, going to return the nuzzling against the darker doe, sighing contently. It was just good to see her again, even if she seemed a little more forlorn than what he remembered. He didn't want to fully ask her outright about it, but he willingly listened.

At the topic of great-grandchildren, though, his eyebrows shot up, and he looked behind him, almost scorning the air behind him. It took a moment for him to come to his senses - Honour was only now following in step with Hour, there was no way that they had rushed to conclusions. Both of them were so . . . earnest.

Turning back to the doe, his smile returned a little, nodding. "Great-grandchildren? Time sure does fly in the swamps, doesn't it. I'm sure his beauty will flow through the swamp, if he looks like you." He stated, giving her a soft wink. "I do know that another of our grandchildren is smitten; our son Nothing Gold had run from his own little golden demons, and I was stuck raising one of them. Her name is Only for an Hour, and she is very . . . precise. You would love her. It's funny how things change so quickly." He murmured, happy to let her know about it.

"Well, you are beautiful, definitively - so I can understand you being pined for. But, to be propositioned - you are so earnest with your love of your life, are you not?" He asked, curious about this.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:17 pm
At the mention of her lady love, Roses in Bloom visibly wilted. She knew this subject was due to come up with him eventually- Dawn was too perceptive, for all of his dazed nature, not to notice her downcast demeanor. Her lip quivered slightly, and it was terribly difficult not for her to cry. Deep breaths, she reminded herself. Deep calming breaths. Her teeth bit into her lower lip, and she inhaled, then closed her eyes.

"She's gone," Rose finally managed, letting out a shaky breath. Her meeting with Giveforward had set her down a stronger path, but it was still so hard to admit aloud. Flights of purple danced in her dreams, and sometimes, it just seemed if Rose wished it hard enough...

"Her and our second daughter. Simply vanished, like the fine morning mist. I thought, perhaps, she was taking a trip. An adventure somewhere, perhaps," she mused, voice overt with sorrow, "But she never returned. Try as I might, I never found her. It's been too long to simply be a journey through Matope's swamps. She's left me."

Finally, a soft sob escaped her. Not wanting Dawn to see her cry, she buried her face in his shoulder.

"It's so hard, Dawn. I keep telling myself it'll be easier... and I'm so, so happy for our grandchildren, and all we have... but I miss her. I miss her so much, and it's eating me." She sniffled. "And this new doe... she intrigues me, and I feel so guilty for it!"

The cry was nothing short of mournful. Truly and deeply, Rose was miserable- it was simply the first time she had broken down with it since Root's departure, and it was all too much to keep to herself.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:32 pm
Oh, oh gosh, he broke her.

He had never seen the beautiful doe wilt as intensely as she had in that moment, and the dark buck could do very little to help her. He could only listen - and that he knew how to do well. Nodding slowly with her statements, he leaned his head against her blonde locks, closing his eyes.

"Everything happens for a reason, little flower." He said, quietly after she mourned, nosing her to show the little support he could. "Poor Roses, I'm sure it had nothing to do with you - she could have just had a fey mood, a trick of the swamps . . . " He tried to reassure her. There was a sadness in his eyes though, at the thought of losing one of their children - even if it was circumstances were out of their control.

"All we can do is mourn for the past, and embrace the current. It may take a while, but just remember, I'm here for you, and so are our children."

He was probably helping not at all, but he could only try, right?

Moonstone Dazzle

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff