Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was like the devil himself was crying out for his brethren.

Or, so that was what Hush felt was happening, as she slowly wandered around the tree, trying to think of what she could to help the poor little creature of the damned. Her motherly heart demanded that she helped it - something deep, deep down inside her was holding her captive here, until it was safe and sound and all four paws were on the ground.

"Oh, little one, what shall we do?" She ho-hummed to it, only to receive a wild wail again.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The screech was atrocious. It crested and crashed through her bones only to ebb for long enough that she thought, maybe, it was gone. Of course it wasn't and she cringed as she came closer to it. After all to be making that much of a racket it must be in dire need of help.

"Is that yours?" she asked as she came into the clearing. She regarded the blue doe warmly as she craned her head upward and spied the -- oh. A ghost owlcat. No wonder the sound seemed so much worse.

Nerpin

anemosagkelos

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 pm
"Oh no, def --" SHRIEEKK "initively not." She answered to the other doe that had come to look at what was happening, the darker one wincing at the nearly-transparent creature as it had it's comeupings about being stuck.

"Admittedly I have never experienced a ghost-creature. Lore, usually, but it appears we have one on our hooves." Hush stated, chewing her cheek a bit, before turning to the moth-marked doe.

"Quiet Moon, they call me Hush. Yourself? Any ideas, persay?" She offered.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm
She winced at the ghost owlcat's latest shriek. "We know you're up there!" she called up to the creature, in case it thought they were deaf or ignoring it's plight.

"I saw one once, briefly, but I have yet to meet one," she said, tilting her head upward, "but that might change." Assuming they could figure out how to get it down.

"Giveforward but you may call me Lamb," she replied. As for ideas, "It might come down for food?" her brow furrowed, smile flattening into a thin line, "Or, as it's a ghost, would it only eat ghost food? I don't think I have ever seen a ghost mouse or a ghost fish...," she pondered.

Nerpin

anemosagkelos

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:10 am
Ghost Owlcat.

Well, that made things a little more understandable, and a good reason why it sounded so . . . peculiar. Going to wander around the roots to take to teh side of the other doe, she listened to the musings of the paler one.

"Ghost fish." She replied, thinking about it seriously, before laughing softly. "Alas, I have never seen a ghost fish. Possibly could there be ghost dogs? I'm sure that would assist us too." She answered, before thinking further.

"Possibly co-ersion, also? Fear may not really stir something that has already become somewhat ethereal." She mused further, turning to the other doe.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:53 am
Giveforward flushed at the doe's laughter. It was a sound theory; if there were ghost owlcats then why not ghost fish? Then again she'd never seen one either so maybe...

She hummed as the doe spoke -- "Oh, but wouldn't a ghost dog only want to chase it? Unless it somehow managed to get higher in the tree to chase the ghost owlcat down..." That seemed unlikely.

"No, I don't think fear would help much." She thought, "We could ask a hawk to -- no, it might just eat it."

"If only we were totoma; they can knock trees down!"  

anemosagkelos

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:35 pm
Ah, she made the poor little doe blush.

Feeling a little bad about it, she allowed Giveforward to muddle some ideas forward, golden eyes watching the little angry translucent furball glower down at her. Giving a little otherworldly hiss, she couldn't help but feel the fur on the back of her neck fluff up in response.

Oh ~ that horrible thing.

"Honestly, I'm not sure a hawk would appreciate such a meal, if it could be eaten . . . are. . . are there ghost hawks?" She questioned, looking back to her partner in crime, before perking up, once again.

"Hold up right there, I'll go see if I can find us an assistant." She stated. Sure, it could have taken her hours, but they would do it! Dashing off lightly, she temporarily left her partner to the devices of the angry, angry cat.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was her luck, though, that a Totoma had been in the area - one that was still rather not used to other races. Returning after about 15 minutes, she was nearly bouncing contently with him in tow, tail flashing happily.

"Dear Lamb, would you believe my luck? I happened to cross this fine gent whilst wandering through the swamp area. He said he could help us." She explained, before the quiet voice of the Totoma quipped in,

"Maybe, but not quite all by myself . . ."

anemosagkelos
I apologize for the cheese.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:03 pm
She had to concede about a hawk. She didn't know of one, to be fair, and then she couldn't imagine a ghost anything would be very filling, if it could even be eaten. She opened her mouth to speak and found instead the doe's voice flitted through the air.

She blinked, watched with gaping mouth, as the doe darted off and she was left to speak with the very upset ghost. Then again she might be upset if she was a ghost, too.

"It'll be all right. We'll get you down soon." At least she hoped it was soon. It's arias made her ears ring. If it was owner-less, they'd have to find it a singer for a friend. To drown out the horrendous sounds it favored. If it didn't kill them both... She laughed, how silly of her. The ghost owlcat would surely be most gracious to them!

The wait seemed far longer than it was as Hush returned with -- oh, how wonderful! She beamed, "What grand luck!" and then frowned. Hush and herself wouldn't likely be much help in such an endeavor. "Well, perhaps--"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Her voice was cut off as a loud bam shook through the tree housing the ghost owlcat and she jumped. What in the world?

"Is that your atrocious sounding pet?" a gruff but kind voice called as a black and pink totoma stepped out from behind the tree. He hadn't heard their discussion; had taken the sounds as some spirit demanding the tree be downed but it was quite a bit thicker than most and -- "I imagine the two of us could down it. If you don't think it'll harm that siren..."

Nerpin

anemosagkelos

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:18 pm
Hush had nearly jumped out of her pelt when the ground vibrated with the resounding BAM, somehow (temporarily) stopping the wails for a moment.

Two totomas!

What kind of luck was the MotherFather gracing the poor does? She idly wondered if they would have to balance this fortune in the future, before turning to the paler of the two totomas. It was easier to put out of her mind, before trying to consider it further.

"S-Siren?" She blurted out curiously as she went to stand next to Lamb once again, allowing the two Totoma to consider this further.

"Two is fine, yes. This tree seems to have seen better days, and the . . . wailing creature should be fine. They land on their feet, do they not?" He quipped, the white 'toma wandering closer, bowing his head a bit as he sized up the tree. "A weak point, is what we need, and a good push should do it."

anemosagkelos
I'll have a reply by tonight, sorry!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:28 pm
"Do not fret. It is only a nickname for the ghosts," Hope replied to Hush and then turned his attention to the other totoma. He gave the tree a once over, keen eyes taking in a -- "There." he nodded towards a point in the tree where something had split through the bark. It was not a large wound or opening but it would be enough for them.

"On three?" he suggested, positioning himself in the best manner to knock the tree down.

Beside Hush, "Do you think it'll want to be adopted?" Lamb asked.

Nerpin

anemosagkelos

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:14 pm
"Ghosts." She replied, nodding softly as she looked up at the little creature again. That made sense.

Turning to the other 'meti as she wandered back to her side, she made a soft little pursed look, thinking about it. "It would be a lovely end to everything. Do ghosts become familiars? I suppose that's a possibility." She mulled over, before turning her head.

"How about you? If it doesn't try to beat us up, first." She laughed a bit, trying to soften up the conversation.

Snow, on the hand, turned to look at the mark that Hope had mentioned, giving him a curt nod, going to position himself close to the darker one. "On three. I trust your count." He answered, before frowning.

"Blood on Snow, also. A pleasure."

anemosagkelos
feel free to godmode this ;o.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:06 am
"Perhaps, if my swan got along with it," she laughed. She doubted Refuge wanted to give up her lovely only-familiar spot to share with a ghost owlcat. It would take a lot of effort on her part. No, it might do better with -- oh, the Totoma were getting to ready to knock the tree down. She hoped this worked.

"Hope," the male bowed his head in respect to Blood on the Snow. Then turned his attention back to the tree, waiting for the other to take up position. "One, two, three!" the shout came and the totoma charged the tree, armored heads colliding with the damaged bark.

For a moment, it seemed the tree would win and then a crack rang out as it began to tip and fall. The ghost owlcat, terrified, locked its claws into the tree's bark and it remained there as the tree landed. Wide-eyed and with its spectral fur raised on end.

User ImageGiveforward felt a great urge to laugh even as she felt sorry for the poor thing. She took a step forward to attempt befriending it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Figment! That's not an oak tree!" a voice rang out. A brown buck strode out, gave a subtle querying glance as the kin assembled, and then approached the ghost owlcat as if it was only a kitten. "What did you do, you silly thing?" he teased it, his nose pressing against its head kindly.

Apparently he didn't actually care what Figment had done, for he gently took hold of the owlcat's scruff and left.

"Well, at least it's quiet now!" Giveforward chirped. She turned to the two totoma, "Thank you for your help. It was very kind of you!"

Hope nodded and moved off. He'd let the yowling distract him from today's goal.

Nerpin
hope that's all right

anemosagkelos

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas