User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tastes like Summer walked slowly next to her daughter. She watched the darker doe with with warm eyes and smiled when Darkening Skies looked over. Her storm chaser daughter with her eyes. More grandchildren. She had stopped being surprised at how large her family was getting, but she never stopped marveling at the abundance of life springing forth. "Hello, my dear."

"Hi, mom. I know you know why I'm here," Darkening Skies responded with a wry smile.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That I do," Starburst responded. Darkening Skies would not have been her first pick if asked to choose which of that clutch would be the first to have children, but not her last. Storm chasing was not necessarily the way to meet other kin since most kin ran away from them rather than running towards them. Still, her daughter was steadier than most, calm and collected when others weren't and even keeled despite her proclivity for the thrill of a storm. "Congratulations, though you too must answer a question for a blessing, like everyone else."

"Tell me, are you afraid of anything, fearless one? For your children?" Starburst asked after a short pause, the question tried and true.

Darkening Skies was not sure of her answer immediately. She walked on, eyes on the horizon looking for a storm that would not show itself. She had little time to fear, even after her belly grew and her steps became heavier. She was used to running, frying free of the feeling of fear. "I don't know. I've never been afraid of anything."

"Search your heart, your imagination," Starburst prompted gently. They continued on in silence as Darkening Skies thought.

"I think- I think, what I fear the most for my children is for them to be constrained by fear. I want them to feel free to live their lives, to fear appropriately, but not to be unduly afraid." Darkened Skies finally answered.

Starburst nodded. A pause as she considered her blessing, then, "May your children know what to fear and what not to and may they always know the joy of the journey.

"Thank you," Darkening Skies smiled gratefully at her mother.

"Of course. Stay a while with your mother. Your storms will wait." And they walked together.