Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:59 pm
Choosing not to ask what kinds of possibilities Ben was considering regarding a living body, Izaya steeled himself when the executive came closer to meet his eyes. His mouth became a firm line before he said innocently, "I'm not sure what you mean. If you read my file, then you must know I love humans. Besides being one of the first I've talked to in a long time, you're a new one, which makes your company that much more enjoyable.

"We seem to both be despised by others, even among other criminals. That common ground combined with the chance we might share a passion for humans...well. Wouldn't you want to get to know each other better, too?" Nevermind that he could sense the predatory nature of this man from the minute he first spoke to him. He couldn't let this guy know how scared he made him. What he said wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the complete truth, either. Oh well; Izaya had always made a habit out of flirting with danger.

"If that's all you plan to say, then, I imagine you'll be taking your leave soon," Izaya said, turning his back once more to the executive. "Then there will be nothing else for me to look forward to but boredom and silence until the next thing happens."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 pm
The executive laughed. "Well, I suspect that your love and my love are of a very similar sort," he replied. Anything predatory that Izaya had inferred from the man's words or behavior was suddenly laid bare in his expression; there wasn't a trace left of anything that could be construed as friendliness in his smile. "You see, traitors, prisoners, condemned men... You're exactly my favorite type of toy." At once, the dangerous gleam left his eyes, and the deadly mischief fell from his expression. "I just thought I should let you know before you go on buttering me up like that," he said airily.

"Ah, I really should get back to my business soon," he affirmed. "Executive matters are hardly much more interesting, though. Honestly, this little visit of ours will probably become the highlight of my week. They really do keep us locked up in those offices. Ah--" He laughed once more. "I suppose that was insensitive, wasn't it?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 pm
"..."

Stunned into silence for a few seconds after Executive Ben made his confession, the informant gradually began to smile again, this one half-hearted and weak. Slumped against the bars as he peered at the taller man, Izaya chuckled softly.

"Is that supposed to deter me? Because you're turning out to be my favorite type of playmate. Toy with me, then, if you dare." He clung to his bars as if yearning to reach out and touch the tall Rocket, but in truth, his legs had turned to jelly and he didn't trust them to support his full weight.

"Not at all," he breathed, his voice almost a whisper. "You brought me the promise of freedom, regardless of how far away. I can only pity you, having to restrain yourself due to your high position. Unable to interact with who you want when you want, do the things you want...despite being labeled a traitor to the Rockets, I think I might have the better position here. Wouldn't you agree?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:44 pm
"If I dare, hm?" The man's shoulders shuddered in silenced laughter, and he shook his head. "Oh, I think I've had my fun for today. You see, I have a nasty habit of breaking my toys if I play too much, and since you have a very important role ahead of you, I really should hold back a bit. But don't you worry." In a moment he was before the cell again, one hand slammed against a bar just slightly above where Izaya was holding it, his tone low and dark, "I'm very possessive of my toys, you see, so I'm sure we'll have more chances to play again."

He leaned away and settled his hands on his hips. "Goodness gracious! You make it sound so unpleasant. Perhaps I had ought to become a traitor myself, eh? Then I could join you in there, and we could have all sorts of fun..." He grimaced as if having tasted something unpleasant. "No, no, that won't do. Like I said before, I really do adore my job. Alas, I suppose I'll just have to bear with it."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:57 pm
"I'd love to see you try," Izaya said, giggling a bit as he flinched at the slammed hand. "I haven't survived this long by being fragile, you know. And I've always wondered if there was anyone who would be able to use me, a user of so many others. It should be fun to test that theory."

He thought maybe his accumulating, suppressed fear was causing him to feel somewhat giddy, especially if he was feeling stupid enough to taunt this disturbing executive. Well, he couldn't make his situation any worse, now, could he? Not that he cared to entertain that question.

"Oh, if only you could," he sighed with mock longing before forcing a laugh. "I have to congratulate you on making it to your position. I didn't think someone such as yourself would have the...tolerance, patience, and self-discipline to keep from indulging in their more base, instinctive desires."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm
"Oh, people are fragile by nature," the executive corrected, very matter-of-fact. "Quick to heal, but so very, very fragile. Have you ever taken someone's hand and broken their finger in two? Snap, just like that. It's practically effortless. The heart can be a bit more difficult to break, depending on the individual, but I find that it often follows the body if you try hard and don't give up." His expression was almost serene, as if in recollection of a fond memory.

"Well," he waved a hand dismissively, "most of us executives are just elites who could no longer perform on the field for one reason or another. I used to have a very different job - one that I loved just as much. I do pride myself on my ability to hold back, however. There are all sorts of ways to entertain and satisfy oneself, you know?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm
"I've known a few torturers in my time," the captive said. "Was willing to lose a finger or two to meet one, but it turned out I didn't need to. Mind over matter, mm? That's what it comes down to." His eyes narrowed to impress upon the brown one with all his will that he was not afraid of him, not afraid of the pain Ben's words suggested. Hard as he concentrated, though, his sweaty palms slipped on the bars and he fell to his knees with a sharp gasp.

"I do know," he answered, not bothering to try getting up. He stared at his trembling body - legs, hands, everything - with fury at their betrayal. "But I generally don't let others have their fun with me without eliciting some entertainment of my own."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 pm
Ben gladly stared back with his same unwavering smile - his expression was not one of a man desperate to intimidate, nor was it one of a man who was frustrated to have his threats rebuffed. Rather, it was like the expression of a Persian who'd come across a crippled insect, watching curiously and patiently with its tail twitching playfully and in thinly veiled malice.

When Izaya slipped, the executive linked his hands behind his back and frowned pityingly. His grin, though absent from his face, could be heard in his tone, "My, my, it seems that you weren't feeling well, were you? I'm sorry, truly; I should have noticed sooner. I'll take my leave here so you can get some rest."

The executive stepped towards the hallway that led back towards the rest of the base and paused to look back towards Izaya, his chin raised and his demeanor almost smug. "You've had plenty of fun these past few years," he said ominously. "Now it's time for my fun."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:58 pm
Try as he might to remain defiant, the informant could not. His time in the brig had weakened him considerably more than he cared to admit in heart, mind, and body. It was just like having been stuck in solitary confinement in Camphoreon's jail all over again. His shoulders drooped as Executive Ben warned him of what was yet to come. Being subjected to this man's whims? Not a very pleasant outlook.

Being left alone again, though, and helpless to stop it made the prisoner fall into despair. He'd managed to kind of numb himself to his existence prior to the executive's visit, but now all he could do was repeat the bittersweet words of their exchange in his head, thriving on the human interaction, short as it was, and yet terrified of the suggested medical experimentation that had been mentioned.

"Come back soon," he said, closing his eyes and leaning back against his cell with a half-hearted wave in farewell. "It gets lonely in here."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 pm
The executive waved in return and moved to depart, calling over his shoulder as he went, "Enjoy your peace and quiet, Izaya Orihara."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out