Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
[O][A][I] Eternal Wars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Sentinel Eclipsis

Powerful Enchantress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:12 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:32 am
User Image_________________________________________________

| R E I NX XN O L A NX XT H A T C H E R |

| Location | East Cragugan Docks
| Company | Fisherman/Passengers/etc
| (O)ut(O)f(C)hances | First of my posts!

The suns golden rays were in their last moments, granting the people of Haldred one last glimpse at their glory before the sun set. The shades purple, pink, blue, and orange were splattered across the horizon in a flurry of colors that begot awe from passersby, but all those at the dock didn't notice. Their only concern was docking, finishing up their work, and heading home to their family. Many of these people are fishermen after a long day of sailing, finally able to unload the last of their catch to sell for the money needed to live. The smaller portion of people, other than the grumbling of bartering fishermen, were late travelers arriving by boat from across the ocean. There were many boats that arrived by sea with just as many as there was leaving, but one particular boat, the Lady Lillian, bore more than just passengers.
    The Lady Lillian is a medium-sized vessel. She was designed by the best Tabbel carpenters to sail fast, and endure even the harshest of weather to get the job done, and had done so many times over her years time of service. The sailors that cared for her matched her style perfectly. They were both gruff, strong, and experience. They were ones that kept her steady through that rough weather, getting the job done every time under their care. The only catch is the passengers they were put in charge of. The Lady Lillian is a slavers ship, and has been for several years and counting. Her contractors are the slaver company Fire-Phoenix, who have always thrown money at the ship to ensure it's lasting use. They also ensured that it had a capable captain. This time, the Lady Lillian shipped off for a different reason.
    Two days ago the Lady Lillian sailed from Western E-Naja Docks bearing Fire-Phoenix' Main Transport Supervisor, Rein Nolan Thatcher. The objective was to sail to Haldred as fast as they could. Both it's passenger and the captain knew the reason for it's haste. A group of rebels, a week prier to the sail, had attacked a Fire-Phoenix slave building and freed many slaves inside. Among the slaves they rescued was a dragon that had amnesia during a time unknown to them. They wanted that dragon back, and every slave that was taken.
    Tracking down the slaves, they found that the rebels had granted them passage on a ship back across the ocean on a public passenger boat. After beating the ships destination out of several individuals who had witnessed the scene, they immediately sent out their orders to the Lady Lillian. Their Transport Supervisor, Rein Thatcher, fought his way into getting the job of finding the slaves. Hearing his proposition, Fire-Phoenix not only didn't argue against it, but they encouraged it. They knew his reputation and years of service into their cause. They knew that if anybody could catch them, it was him.
    Rein Thatcher is a deadly man with a very twisted mind. Many of his colleagues knew of this insanity through his methods of 'training'--torture and intimidation--of slaves, but they never knew how far that rabbit hole extended. If they did, they would have likely showed more respect and fear at his unstable mental status and past experiences than they do now. That is because Rein is a veteran soldier of the Purging War of 1432. He had fought along side the Werewolves who attacked Haldred after the king rallied his armies to kill them. Yet, you would think that a man like that isn't something you would enslave. However, at the time Rein was a broken man. To this day, in many ways, he still is. Those are secrets that have remained with him inside the darkest parts of his mind.
    Rein's boots thumbed on the hard wood as he descended from the deck onto Cragugan's dock. He was accompanied by the captain of the Lady Lillian, who had ordered his men to secure the ship. Both men were in deep conversation, yet conscious enough to keep their voices down. They knew that slavery in Haldred was illegal.

"Listen, regardless of how tired they are, I want this entire dock searched for those slaves. With their head start their bound to be here by now, if not landed already!" Rein commanded harshly, the breeze catching his thick dark hair and blowing it over his shoulders.
    "I'm telling you, the men need to rest. They've sailed all day and all night because of your insistence, and are completely exhausted. They'll useless to you if you push them all night!" The captain argued, as he had for the past ten minutes. He knew he was pushing his luck, but he had to try. If he was exhausted, his crew was bound to be on the verge of passing out. He had to at least appeal to the mans humanity!
    Rein stopped abruptly and faced the captain. His dark hateful eyes glared daggers into the captain who swallowed. Rein, after all, was a werewolf. Leaning in, Rein spoke softly, but with a voice so cold it chilled the captain.
    "I don't care if they pass out unconscious on the floor dead. They are not to rest until those slaves are spotted, as I have already said. If they do not, I will personally ensure you are thrown in the brig with a one way ticket to slavery on your way back to Tabbel. Do I have to repeat myself?"
    The captain gulped and shook his head. Without another word, Rein left the man to do as he ordered and walked down the long dock. Once he reached the end, Rein stopped and looked around at the hurrying people around him. They are such fools, he thought, watching them go about their normal lives as if their world is perfect. They don't even know the darkness around them, he spoke silently to himself. Feeling the sting of past memories, Rein snorted and hurried down the left side of the docks. Every now and then, Rein would question them about any recent ships coming in, giving them description, and moving on.

The Sentinel Eclipsis

Powerful Enchantress

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas