Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[WP09] Fire Made Flesh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
vilegloom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wings

They were leathery and they were strong. They cut through the air like the claws of a hunting cat slicing through flesh of fallen prey. Sinew and bone made a frame over which skin was stretched thin, tenuous and taut. Though independent limbs they worked together and a single massive downwards sweep propelled him powerfully towards the heavens and the stars that twinkled infinitely above. More than he could smell the cold of the night air and more than he could feel the thrill of the wind rushing over his body Fire Made Flesh could feel the strength of life pulsing through the veins in his appendages. They were sure and more than simply transportation, they were a part of him.

What was a dragon without wings?

Tiarana

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Perhaps because Dogrot could not distinguish between dreams and wakefulness, it was able to wander as freely asleep as it did when it was awake. Sometimes, even, straight into the dreams of other kin, though few would ever assume the creature actually existed.

An inky black cloud spread beneath Fire Made Flesh, and with it came the rich stench of dead and rotting things; decaying logs and worm-eaten corpses and the thick deep smell of swamp underneath it all. The cloud suddenly coalesced into a creature much like Flesh, leathery wings and taut sinews and somehow blacker than the night; but the stink remained, omnipresent.  

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm
Wings

Death was neither unfamiliar nor unpleasant. The dragon welcomed death; the death of others brought sustenance, security in his own life and the environment around him. Death was nothing to be afraid of.

But death did not smell pleasant. It was all rot and decay and bacteria. Unwillingly the heavy scales on his nose pulled back into a ick-face reaction, wings curling around his body like a parachute to cradle his fall and allow him to hover a brief moment above the cloud darker than night itself. A trillion tiny flies' wings buzzed and brushed upon scales and a trillion tiny lightning bolts tickled across his scales.

"You smell awful," the dragon insulted the cloud.

Tiarana

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:30 pm
It gave no answer, partly because it could not talk, and partly because it could not understand the words. Instead Dogrot angled its wings upwards and climbed sharply until it was higher than Flesh, then executed a loop at the top to place it directly above him.

It opened its mouth and it roared, raining inky spittle down on him, and then it tilted its head to look at him the way a chickenhawk might examine a sparrow. If the smell wasn't already all-pervasive, Flesh might have noticed that Dogrot had terrible halitosis.

Khryssie

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

vilegloom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 am
Chance

A sticky black rain fell and coated him in ink and stink and all sorts of things unpleasant. It was like oil all slick and greasy, slowly sliding all over his scales as if the droplets had microscopic claws and were clinging tenaciously.

and suddenly it was all gone

The black smelly cloud, the night sky, the wings, the leather and sinew- it was simply not there. But the dragon was

f
a
l
l
i
n
g

fast. How could one fall through nothing? Into nothing? How could he stop it?

Tiarana
Hope its okay I rolled again, I have the perception that dreams are short and quick and choppy. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:10 pm
The other not-dragon craned its head and peered down curiously before winking out like a light. It appeared casually next to Flesh now in the form of a cat, completely unbothered by the long fall - in fact, it didn't seem to be falling at all. It meowed at him and raked curiously at his scales with its claws. The creature clearly had no intention of helping him.

Khryssie

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:15 pm
Chance

How could one thing of great mass be falling, tangibly decelerating visibly- yet something of a lesser mass be completely stationary? It was incredibly frustrating. The wingless dragon voiced his growing impatience with a gravelly growl, his neck craning quickly to *SNAP!* jaws strong like a caiman of the swamp at the offensive creature drawing claws across his scales.

"If you aren't going to help, then what are you here for?" Flesh highly doubted he'd get a response, though- he suspected this creature was related to the inky cloud from last scene, somehow.

Tiarana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The owlcat yowled in pain and anger and melted into swamp water between Flesh's teeth. It coalesced again in front of him, this time into the form of a crane that fixed him with a baleful stare for a long moment before turning and flying away, leaving nothing but aftertaste behind it. And what aftertaste it was. Corpses and dirt and foul dark things, all a kin would find in a mouthful of swamp itself and more.

A doe he perhaps had been too distracted to notice tilted her head and stared at him curiously. She, too, seemed to be standing on perfectly solid ground. Finally she spoke up. "Stop falling, stupid."

Khryssie

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

vilegloom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 pm
12. Color

The swamp water suddenly in his mouth was foul and rotting and disgusting. If Flesh could have yowled to mimic the disappeared owlcat, he might have, but instead the dragonbuck was all silent scrunched face and crinkled scales. His front legs lashed out wildly- were they to stop his fall or to try and claw the rot from his tongue?

"Stop falling, stupid."

She was familiar.

Electric yellow and green suddenly erupted where one only black prevailed. The dragon suddenly stood on solid ground. What was happening? "What in the Motherfather..." he trailed off, bright eyes focusing on a familiar doe. A strange doe. A twisted doe. "I know you," although there were no sculptures made of frog innards by her hoof, the buck nonetheless recognized Midnight Sun's presence.

Tiarana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:46 pm
Midnight Sun sniffed scornfully. "Why do I have to dream about you? Of all the kin in the swamp."

She stretched, first her forelegs, then her back, and gestured around them. They stood in a lush, deep jungle. From the forest floor to the towering canopy above, every surface burst with color, bright and dark, natural and unnatural. The sunlight took on eerie hues as it drifted down from the canopy and shadowy figures watched them from the trees.

"Look at them, disappearing at the first sign of trouble. Well, things were going nowhere good until you showed up. I've heard about these sorts of dreams, but never did I think I might have one. I suppose I should thank you, but I don't particularly care to. You're a figment of my imagination, anyway."

Khryssie

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas