Reply Roleplaying
[B] Something Unexpected! [ Killing Smile x WB ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The doe he'd spent some time with awhile back had come back to find him only a day or two ago, much rounder than he remembered her slim frame ever being. The reason for this was made quite clear when she told him, haltingly, that she was pregnant. Only he could be the father.

He really hadn't been sure how to take that, honestly, as their time together was rather.... well. He certainly hadn't foreseen her coming back for any reason. But she wanted something, he knew. It wasn't in him to play the fawning mate and help raise any squirming sacs she might have to adulthood, though. The very thought made his blood run cold.

So, he would do what any very-unpaternal father would do when faced with such a pretty face and pleading eyes, and the chance that he might call years of bad luck upon himself for neglecting her.

He asked the swamp to help him. Oh, Motherfather, please.

And so he stood there in a nearby clearing, hoping that the swamp would hear his call, the doe resting in one of his temporary dens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distantly, in response to his summons, something stirred. Very distantly. It was a pretty long walk, really, but it - he - got there eventually, calling ahead of him as he neared the clearing, "I'm coming, I'm coming, don't drop your tail."

The source of the voice is a spry old stag, the exceptionally strong glow of his eyes marking him as one of the swamp's chosen few. He cast about from the edge of the clearing, ears and tail twitching, until he caught sight of the buck who'd called him there with a soft "Ah," and stepped out into the light, the half-solid form of a songbird fluttering out of the branches overhead and settling on one of his horns.

"How can I help you, then, my young friend?"

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:59 pm
Smile is just beginning to feel a little foolish when he catches a slight rusting near the edge of the clearing, and turns just in time to see the other buck appear. He's never seen a Legendary before, though he's heard of them.... the stags and mares who have been gifted, or so they so, with the Swamp's blessing.

He only hopes that maybe the stranger can uh.. rub some of that blessing off on him.

"There's a doe who has.. returned to me. Pregnant with what she claims to be my brood. Only, I have no intention of staying. Still, she seemed adamant I do something to help -- and here I am." It's callous, maybe... but he's a hunter, and in his eyes only the strong are fit to survive. If a blessing from one of these "chosen ones" might help makes his own children stronger... then so be it.

"I'd like for her and our offspring to be fit, and healthy. If that's not too much to ask," his smile is a little wryly amused.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:24 pm
The stag's head listed to the side as he listened, and, as the young buck concluded, he nodded. "I understand being shy of committing to a family. Assuring them the blessing of the swamp is a good way to look after them from afar.

"As you wish it, so it shall be," the stag said, tone suddenly changing timbre to something more serious, ceremonial, mystical. "Your children will have the protection you seek - they be healthy, and they will grow strong... They will know love, even if it is not your own." The last is added almost as an afterthought. His songbird-shade shook out its feathers in mild surprise, which was echoed briefly in the stag's face before it smoothed back to neutral.

His speech sounded more mundane as he concluded, "You'll have to tell her of this yourself, however, as I've got other appointments to keep," and turned to leave again. "Good luck to you and yours."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:33 pm
"I... thank you," the last comment had been unexpected, but Smile shakes off the odd feeling it leaves him with as the stag turns to go.

First Breath should be pleased, at least. It's not often one sees a legendary and before now Smile had been more convinced than not that they were only a myth.

He walks away with a small smile. The Swamp always seems to have something new in store for him when he least expects it...

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games