Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 pm
Sera watched as Aulus demonstrated, rapt with interest. She squinted at the nearly invisible hinges he indicated, needing to lean a bit closer in order to actually see them, then nodded as her expression cleared and she leaned back again. It seemed rather complicated to take off, in her opinion, and briefly she wondered if all prostheses like his were as difficult. A thumbprint scanner, too... His was definitely a very complex, expensive piece of work. The USB comment made her snort as well, and she picked up her drink and swirled it a bit but didn't take a sip yet. "I swear they designed those things to be difficult," she said then stuck out her tongue a bit as if to emphasize her dislike of their difficulty, then took a sip of her drink. "I always hate plugging USB sticks into my laptop. Even when I check that I have it right-side up it still never goes in until at least the third try." Temperamental things...

That aside, she looked his new arm over carefully as she took another sip. It looked cool, obviously performed well, didn't seem too difficult to handle - ha - and he liked it quite a lot. And he had a touchscreen in it. Maybe... maybe she could get something like that. Maybe. The thought of volunteering for surgery made her stomach turn. "It's awesome," she said with feeling as she gestured to his metal arm with her drink, feeling as if that alone was a sufficient response. It really was awesome, and cool, and... and... maybe she could get one sort of like that. Even if it didn't have any of the fancy enhancements like a thumbprint scanner or a touchscreen, it would still be a functional hand. A fully functional hand. At this point she'd almost forgotten what it was like to have two hands.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 am
"Right?" Aulus agreed with a grin. "It's just nice to be able to do normal things easily again. Like I said, it's not like the surgery and that was fun but it was worth it in the end." He hoped Sera would get something like it though... well obviously without some of the functions he hadn't mentioned but a functional hand, something lightweight and pretty.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm
Being able to do normal things again, to have two hands again... To feel at least somewhat normal again -- would it be worth it for her too? As much as she hated surgery and hospitals, it did seem like something that would be worth it.

Setting that aside for the moment - who wanted to talk about surgeries anyway - she grinned over her drink and asked, "So have you punched anybody with it yet?" Important topics like that and similar questions would be the order of the evening, it seemed.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff