Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:33 pm
"Not a bad naming theme. Not a bad name, either." Tambrey nodded toward the little sauropod, then nodded again, understandingly as Lex gave his reasons for not scuba diving.
"Ah. Good point, though, um, I bet the tech department really could work out some solution for that thing, if you wanted, you know. Anyway.. That sounds good. I can, um, definitely eke out a little time to make this a weekly thing; I'm sure our spiders will benefit quite a lot from teamworking in such a way."
She smiled.
"I'm still surprised at how co-operative Neph can be and was today...."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:01 pm
"Thanks, I rather find the franchise fascinating and well a bit darker theme at places." He rolled the pokeballs in between his fingers, thoughtful. "Sorry, you two. Got to recall you now." He recalled Strongarm and then Nautilator, mentally tasting the names.

"Should I contact you or I guess you can contact me. It not like I have much going on besides therapy and meds." Meals and Naps... lots of naps more then he wanted.

"I might attempt writing a paper about the benefits of training the same species together... if this is such a surprise." Lex mused, going over the idea. "And C been debating on going to the tech department, my current collection is good for not calling attention when I go outside... but I'm not sure if they are going to stay in if I fight."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:13 pm
"Well... I can schedule it roughly now for next week and send a time along later when I, um, know my free time a little better?" She smirked. "You can if you want, but it's only a surprise to me because of Neph's individual personality; she generally doesn't like anyone, well, unless they're bigger than her and she can fight them... and aren't bright pink... Huh. You know, I should really test her reaction against a Nidoking one day..."

She stretched her left arm a little, nodding as she listened.
"Well that would be a hindrance to missions and I wouldn't doubt you might, um, get a reprimand if it caused some issue... For instance, there will be traces of you, your prints, your DNA, on your, uh, eye.. collection... Not to mention particulate traces of places you've been... Better by far to at least have something you know isn't going to fall out, and, uh, well... You know the tech' lot? Have you, um, seen Aulus' arm?"
She moved to stretch her other arm, oblivious to how apt the movement was after what she'd just mention.
"Anyway... Um, we should get you back so you can rest up. The more you rest right now, the faster you'll heal..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:01 pm
"Well, it would be interesting as a sample case at least." He could find a lot of sample cases... would need them and the extra training would help. Lex hummed thoughtfully, recalling Spins into his pokeball so the only one still out was Yoketron.

"No, but the thing with an eye is that there is only so much you can do before there is a possibility of more surgery. They had to do one to rig up the peg the fake sets on so it does natural movements... can you imagine what they would need to do to make sure it stayed in?" Lex shivered, and rubbed his arm. He hadn't been interested... and more surgeries were not his thing right now.

"Yeah, before the nurses start looking for me to." He made a slight face and sighed. "I hate medical."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:53 am
"Technically speaking, the attachment to, um, the muscles that give it movement should... essentially act as a secure fastening anyway, though, I, um, suppose to have it permanently fixed to the implant would mean you'd lose the ability to switch between your collection..." Tambrey mused thoughtfully. "Um. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming it's a convex implant rather than a fully transplanted orb? Hm... I'm not medical, but, um, I know enough about the eye biologically to suggest you could probably rig up a more secure shape or fastening for the implant without a major surgery... Um, that is, if it's as I think it is... If that's a full, um, orb in there, then that's a whole different process... I'd be surprised if it was though... Infection is more a 'when' than an 'if' when you're swapping out a prosthesis so often..." She appeared slightly concerned, and seemed to be almost leaning forward to try and see Lex's eyes better.
"I'm not an optometrist though... Or, um, medical staff... You just tend to learn some physiology when you're, um, you know... building it from the ground up sometimes." She grinned at referencing genetic sequencing, and the post work process, as construction.
"Hm. Anyway, um... I wear goggles- sports type- to replace these," She reached up and tapped her glasses "on missions. They, um, help to see, of course, they're robust, and... they obscure my face a little bit without being obvious like a mask... Um, it might be another idea to consider, as long as you can find a pair that don't hamper your vision too much; they'd catch the prosthesis if it decided to fall out, I think..."
She grinned again and nodded slightly.
"They're there to help but I know what you mean... They like to keep a tight leash on their charges. Um, I'd guessing that would be the bulk of his assignment right now though." She gave a nod toward Yoketron.
"I'm guessing he'd be checking his watch if he had one..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm
Lex gave a bemused noise and reached up, tapping his right eye with a finger before pulling down the lower lid and carefully pushing up, popping out the prosthetic with ease.

"Most people seem to think they are round, but it more flat and maybe a bit triangular." He mused holding it easily. "And I just use a bit of contact lenses solution to give it a quick clean." He shrugged looking up at Tam with the empty socket and gave a grin before easily replacing it again.

"Guess this would be convex but it keeps the socket from collapsing or deteriorating and works well enough. Blind on that side... but ehe, getting use to it. Might look p in it."

He sighed and nodded, giving a slight smile at Yoketron's snort and motion to the pokedex. "Yeah, he just uses my rocketdex to keep to scheduled."

( X Lex's fake eye is model after this style Youtube has all the vids of people taking out and putting back in their eyes )  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:25 pm
Tambrey didn't seem surprised, as Lex popped the prosthetic out, and gave a little nod.
"You'd need major surgery to regain vision through cybernetics then... At least it's secure enough it won't just, um, fly out if you sneeze... Still, I'd, uh, be a bit wary with changing it over so frequently. Contact solution's good, but still a risk and all... It's neat how it fits in there though- I've always liked how they make them move... Very simple solution yet needing highly technical skills and equipment; it's kind of, um, artistic, really..."
She didn't seem bothered by having seen the empty socket- but then, she'd seen a lot of missions and injuries, and the nature of her work in the labs sometimes threw up some... interesting mutations... Bio-horror was not really something that could make her squeamish after so long.
"Hm. Well... I, uh, better let him take you back then; I'll reset things here and log us out. Once I've got a space set aside for next time, I'll shoot you a message..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:01 pm
"There also cleaning for the eye socket but that bits rather gross." As much as he sometimes pulled anti social behavior out, and he rather liked his prosthetic, he wasn't about to let people watch him cleaning out the socket.

"Till next time then, Tambrey." He said and gave a nodded at Yoketron. "Take me back 'Tron? To the infirmary." Lex gave one last smile at Tambrey. "Might talk to them about something though... and get my Porygon - Z into one of them fancy poke balls so he can surf the net."

Yoketron sighed and carefully unlocked the wheels and gave the chair a small push reminding his charge, that yes, they had an appointment to keep.

"Bye Tambrey! I had a good time training with you."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:24 pm
"I can imagine.." Tambrey half smirked, half grimaced; as much as it wouldn't really upset or affect her, she was still happy enough not too see that bit of the removal and care of the prosthetic and the socket it fit into.

"Ah.. Porygon..." Tambrey gave a little nod, mostly to herself, as though Lex had reminded her of something, before she lifted a hand to give a wave.

"It was good. Useful, and I'm glad. Take care," The scientist smiled, watching them go "I'll be in touch."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff