Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:50 am
"Yes," she agreed with a nod, her puzzled frown still present, "it's still a fairly recent development, so as far as I'm aware, not a lot is known about the egg and its effects... That's true, trauma could cause it to change, but why? And I've not heard of anyone else on the mission having that happen to them, so it sounds like it really is just you at the moment..." Claire drummed her fingers along her desk, a hint to her frustration at the mystifying new piece of knowledge. What did it mean? "Perhaps severe injury has something to do with it, but why would it..? Maybe it's something else... Either way," she went on after a few thoughtful moments, "it sounds like we don't have enough data yet to draw any conclusions, so unfortunately at the moment all I can do is thank you for bringing it to my attention and to apologize that I don't have any answers for you about why it's changed or what caused it," the elite finished somewhat apologetically as she spread her hands palm-up over her desk. "That is a curious thing - I really wish I had an answer for you."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:54 am
"Heh, well honestly I'm pretty glad to be alive right now. I can cope with a harmless mystery," KO replied with an easy smile. He could cope with the mystery but that didn't it didn't niggle, and on top of everything else.... But that wasn't something he felt comfortable discussing with Claire now, perhaps not ever. He certainly wanted to chew it all out with Tambery before he even considered considering bringing up the things that didn't make sense about his recovery.

"Thanks for taking the time to meet with me though," KO added after a moment, "I know you're a busy woman."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 pm
A slightly amused smile lit up Claire's face. "That's good," she said with a small nod. "Ah - you're welcome, and thank you for stopping in to talk. I'm not so busy that I'm not available for meetings or discussions. Oh, and I'll let you know if I hear of anyone else's type changing suddenly, though I won't make any promises that I'll hear such a thing." She paused to think for a few moments, then added, "I'm glad to see you're all right after the mission, despite the rumors. I am curious though; we thought for sure you wouldn't make it, and thought for the past month that you hadn't. Do you know why your status wasn't made known to us until recently?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am
"I wish I knew," KO replied with feeling, pursing his lips together and shaking his head. "The first I knew that all of you thought I'd died was when I messaged Agent Tambery to ask after the projects I've been assisting her on. I've been thinking about it since and I can't think of a reason why they'd withhold the fact that I'd survived." KO laced his fingers together and lent forward slightly, his head cocked slightly to one side. "I would like to think it's just an administrative error, not deliberate unkindness... perhaps worth mentioning to the Kalos base? It seems to me that who's alive, and who isn't, is quite important information for them to feed back after a mission."

He didn't honestly think that 'mentioning it' would come to anything but were he less suspicious about what had happened to him it was the sort of thing he would say and so he said it anyway. Insufficient curiosity stood out just as much as too much.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:10 am
She nodded again and frowned thoughtfully. "I wonder why it wasn't mentioned... The only explanation I can think of was they doubted you'd survive, and so let everyone think that you hadn't in case you truly didn't? But that begs the question of why they didn't alert us once it became clear that you [i[would make it... Hm." Her frown deepened and she drummed her fingers along her desk in mild agitation. The expression cleared though, either on its own or by design on her part, and she offered him a smile again. "Well, I don't think that's something we'll find an answer to by sitting and thinking about it here. I am glad you're back and well again, and once again thank you for coming to speak with me. Were there any final questions or things you'd like to discuss?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am
KO gave an expressive languid shrug. It's pretty hard to make a shrug languid but he managed it. "I had similar thoughts but I suppose the main thing is that I am back, and I'm glad to be so too. I'm sure Kalos has its charms but I'm happy to be back home among friends." And that much was the honest truth without embellishment or omission. "No further questions at the moment thank you, and thanks again for meeting with me." KO gave one of his smirky smiles. "Next time I go on a mission you can be sure I'll have taken your suggestions on board... and I'll also attempt not to let everyone think I've died for a month. Rather brings down the mood of the after party."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm
"Yes, all puzzling mysteries aside, that's definitely the most important thing," the elite agreed wholeheartedly with a smile, then nodded once more. "Very good. And I agree - it does rather bring down the mood," she agreed with an amused quirk of her lips. Once it became clear that their meeting was finished and they had nothing left to discuss, the elite offered him a polite nod of her head before turning back to her computer to work on more paperwork.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff