Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN]Spiders, Spiders, everywhere [Lex& Tambrey] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm
"That's not a bad way of thinking of it." Tambrey nodded; neon would certainly do for a basic analogy, at least. She tilted her head, seemed slightly surprised and then brought her right hand in a tilting side-to-side gesture.

"Not exactly... At least, not naturally through what we can tell, though we've, uh, certainly used quantum dots in genetic editing- not always for colour manipulation but that's certainly something worth looking at. There's, um, a lot of opportunities with quantum dots, though a lot of issues to work with too. I'd encourage any work utilizing them with steel types though, that's a fairly promising idea."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:53 pm
"I just keep seeming to add ideas to things I want to play with," Lex sighed and nodded, pausing to scoop up his joltik and deposited the small mite on his shoulder.

"So, meet up sometimes next week perhaps?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm
"That's the, uh, best way to do it. After that comes finding time for those things. I remember time, lab time especially, being a much sacrificed-for luxury as a grunt..." But she /did/ have fond memories of labouring to create Octavia with Rory, all the same, even with limited time and resources.

She knelt to collect the spent batteries for recharging, and to allow a happy looking Jubilee to climb up on her shoulder too.

"Sounds good to be. It was fun, and, uh, useful. Hey, uh, bring Percy along next time if you like, and we'll try a spar with him and Ella? Let him, uh, flex his technique against brute strength for a bit. Plus, I'm sure she'd like to see him again."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:24 pm
"I will, I'm sure he will like to talk to her again." Percy was one of his quieter pokemon, serious and with a dry sharp wit and a sense of duty. Certainly a bit of a change from Slips and Grims rash energetic natures.

"And it is, it really, really is, but we will get there. Eventually," Lex said, cheerfully focused on the positives.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:22 pm
Tambrey took a moment to ensure that all of her pokémon except for Jubilee were returned, and placed the batteries back in their pouch as she stood back up.

"Well, until next time though. And, good, uh, you keep at it. Finding a balance between work, training, sleeping, and then hobby work- even if it'll benefit work in the future; it's a, uh, tough mix, but doable."

She moved toward the door.
"Speaking of work, after a shower and some food, I think I'm, uh, going to go work on some mineralization notes."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:11 pm
"It is, work and training, sleep and food, hmm wonder if I should start separating between job training and Pokemon training," he mused.

Lex stretched, making sure everything was where it should be and paused. "Is that an invite to do something outside of battles?" He questioned.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:23 pm
"Compartmentalizing and scheduling work pretty well. Um, generally there's always something on my mind to do with the labs, but I keep it from affecting my pokémon training too much... But having it present while I do, even just in the back of, um, my mind, can lead to interesting thoughts during training so... Not /too/ much separation. Enough for focus." Tambrey shrugged and smiled. "Well, it's, uh, going to be kind of boring- I'm just going to make notes and run tests, but if you, uh, wanted some limited lab access off hours for a short while, I'll be using one of lower sec' labs in a bit. Could get some good practice in running a basic CRISPR sequence or something?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:06 pm
"Mmmhm, cluster regular inter-spaced short..." Lex paused thinking. "Ahh, yes palindromic repeats, that was it." He brushed his hair back. "Basic genome editing tool and I could use some practice with it." He murmured, thoughtful.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:58 pm
"Which is a bit of a mouthful so mostly we just call it 'crisper'." Tambrey grinned, holding the door open as she passed through it.
"Anyway, practice is good. I'll be there in an hour, or so, so uh, meet you then?"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm
"Crisper is a lot easier," Lex admitted, palindromic repeats was a lot to recall. "And sure, I'll see you down there in an hour." After a shower and a snack.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas