[PRP] Feline Frenzy (Lux & Iza) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 pm
When both her Pokemon's attacks landed, Luxury couldn't help feel a little proud. Yes, her team had more training, but still. She loved her fluff-butts, and even if it were a one-hit-KO against a Caterpie she'd still be proud of them. She allowed herself to look past the battle to Izaya for a moment, and saw his lips moving slightly. Did her girls attack too hard? She didn't think she had to tell them not to go all-out, but maybe she did...

The twin's Sand Attack was a great move, Luxury thought, and it did well to cover and distract Trae and Chora. She couldn't use Swift again till Trae could see properly, for fear it might hit Chora or Izaya or even herself. But she could...

"Ease up," The Grunt called just loud enough for her girls to hear, then louder she told them, "Chora, get to Trae and use Assist, Trae throw out an Ember attack!" Even if it didn't hit either twin, perhaps it'd make it harder for them to get to the bigger two if fire was shooting out from the sand storm.

The Flareon and Liepard both had a hard time seeing, but they found each other and did as instructed, even if the 'ease up' command threw them off a little.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:05 pm
The man noticed Luxury watching him and he smiled at her, putting a hand to his mouth to call out over their battlefield. "Nice technique, using Swift," he told her. "I was just admiring how you used the timing to avoid getting Chora caught up in it as well."

Uh oh. Here came the fire attacks. Izaya couldn't exactly remember what sort of effect fire had on dark types but he didn't think they had a weakness for it which was good. He wondered why Luxury had asked her pokemon to ease up.

"I hope you're not going easy on us just because we have less battle experience," he called to her. "We've still been here longer than you and your pokemon if you'll recall."

Mairu and Kururi tried to keep together, but Trae's Ember attack caused both to leap away from each other. Kururi, a little slower than her sister, singed her side a little and winced in pain but otherwise endured it. They looked to their own trainer for instruction.

"Both of you, use Pursuit," he told them, his focus on the other pokemon. "Aim at Trae." He thought he remembered that dark type attacks were halved against dark type pokemon, but he was pretty sure Trae wasn't a dark type. If he could get them to team up and take down one pokemon at a time, this would be so much easier.

Yowling excitedly in confirmation, Mairu charged forward, Kururi at her side.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:01 am
Luxury smirked, and figured since he was jabbing at her she'd jab right back, though she secretly appreciated the compliment he paid her beforehand. Cupping her own hand around her mouth, she called back, "Perhaps we got here after you, but while you've been... too busy, we've been training. Time spent on your rear does not add up to strength or skill~"

She still wasn't going to have her two go all-out, though, no matter what Izaya said to her. She wanted Mairu and Kururi to grow stronger, too, and they couldn't do that if they kept getting beaten.

As soon as the sand cleared, Trae saw the twins coming at her. She managed to just -barely- move in time to only get half the hit, but the other twin smacked her head-on. As she was picking herself back up, wincing from the pain, Luxury called for Chora to use Assist again, and to target Mairu. Chora grabbed Fire Fang, and leaped into the attack. "Trae, use your own Fire Fang on Kururi!" The Flareon leaped into her attack as well, aimed at the darker twin.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:02 am
"...So you're saying you're not going to go all out?" the man asked, raising a brow as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Just because I've been inactive for a little while doesn't mean I don't have battle experience. I've probably been on way more missions than you. Besides, being locked up wasn't my idea."

Kururi yelped as she was caught by the fire-type's Fire Fang. Mairu jerked her head at the sound of her sister's cry at the wrong moment and was struck by Chora's attack. She fell back with a yowl but managed to stand her ground. At least fire wasn't strong against dark. Before anyone could attack again, she darted to Kururi's side to check on her. The twins seemed equally injured, but neither was ready to give up yet.

Izaya noticed the determination in their eyes as they looked to him as one for further instruction. He studied them for a moment and smiled slightly. "That's what I like to see," he said. "Alright, how about a little more teamwork? Both of you...Assist each other and take down Trae."

The girls nodded once and glanced at each other before facing their opponents once more. They meant business this time.

"Think about it this way," the informant said, this time addressing Luxury. "You're being unfair to our pokemon by holding back," he said more seriously. "You're allowing my twins to unleash their full strength on your pair who are stuck having to simply take it without returning the favor in full force. Furthermore, you're telling Mairu and Kururi you don't think much of them if you don't think they can take on your pokemon. Just because they're not evolved doesn't mean they're not strong." He shrugged. "I wasn't their original owner, after all, and the girls who did capture and raise them are not to be underestimated. I made that mistake once before."

The twins knew that by telling them to use 'Assist', their trainer made it difficult for Luxury and her team to know what was coming. With Trae as their target, Kururi used Sand-Attack and Mairu followed up with another Pursuit.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:24 am
Luxury was starting to get irritated with Izaya, which really wasn't a surprise. How dare he accuse her of being unfair? While it was true that she would rather her two hold back and not return the strength, it wasn't without good reason. The girl gritted her teeth...

"Yeah? And you're being a..." She growled, swallowed that last word, and took a breath. "How dare you?" A million things she wanted to say to him flashed through her mind, but she shook them off and did her best to stay level headed before she turned the Pokemon battle into a human battle. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong opponent. "Izaya, you're wrong. My girls are learning control, yours are gaining strength. If my two fought back just as hard and won, I'd feel like a failure to the twins. Yeah, that's ******** right, YOUR TWINS. You're not the only one who cares about your Pokemon, you idiot! They're Chora's best friends, and I want to see them grow, and be powerful and strong! I want to see them succeed, no matter how ... " She took a breath again, about to say some really unfavorable things about Iza. "I think a lot of those two, I know they've got amazing skill and I know they've had more training than you've been able to provide, but I'm not about to go all out and risk any of our four feeling like failures. Besides, you *mutter mutter mutter*, THIS IS A ******** TRAINING BATTLE, NOT A PISSING CONTEST!!!"

The looks in the eyes of Trae and Chora reflected their trainers feelings. This was training, not an all out war, and they didn't mind holding back a little if it meant ensuring the twins got the experience they needed. It didn't mean they were being soft, though, as both of them had been attacking with a good amount of power, just not 100%. Chora even took it as a challenge, since she was used to just going full force. Even when she'd attacked Nioshii, her own teammate, to stop his momentum from crushing her and Luxury, she used her full power. However, until she didn't tower over her best friends by a couple feet, she was more than willing to learn control. When they could look her in the eye, however... Oh, it was so on!

When the attacks came, Trae was completely blinded and had no chance at all to avoid the Pursuit. She went tumbling backwards, but flipped to her paws and crouched, ready to retaliate after a second of reorienting herself. Chora crouched as well, watching the attack best she could, though the sand had obscured her vision as well, and when the call came for Ember to Kururi and Assist, Chora grabbed Swift and the girls launched into the attacks.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:10 pm
Izaya's brows shot up. He hadn't expected Luxury to react so negatively or strongly to his words. It seemed they'd had more of an impact on her than he'd realized or intended. Perhaps she was more sensitive than she seemed on the outside. Once again - not for the first time and probably not for the last - the informant seemed to have stepped on an emotional landmine without having even realized he'd entered a battlefield in the first place.

He considered her words carefully as she spoke, waiting for her to finish before attempting to formulate a reply. When he did, he was careful and calm about it so as not to agitate her further. His tone was firm and serious, suggesting that he wasn't taking her spoken feelings lightly but he wasn't about to let his own go ignored, either.

"Maybe you care about them too," he began, "but the fact remains that they're my pokemon, not yours. We may each think we know what's best for them, but in the end it's only my opinion that matters. You train yours your way and I'll do the same with mine. If you're holding back on account of teaching yours 'control', that's fine, but don't say it's because you're trying to help my Purrloin." He met her gaze. "You can learn more from failure than from victory. That's why I don't care if they lose as long as they give it their best. I trust them not to get discouraged or disheartened or give up entirely just by one loss."

Mairu and Kururi hung on to every word they could, straining to listen as their battle continued. They had never before heard their trainer speak of them like that. He had faith in them? That was news to the girls. But when they thought about it, Izaya had always been the sort to keep to himself. Of course he wouldn't have been open or forthright enough to directly tell them that he believed in them.

The man's eyes narrowed in determination and focus. "Mairu! Kururi! Again, Assist each other! Aim for Chora this time."

Kururi called to Mairu, gritting her teeth as she dodged the Ember but had to endure Swift from Chora.

Mairu answered, grinning darkly as she watched her opponents, trying to block some Swift attacks with her own body to defend her twin.

The Purrloin began to glow. A bright flash of light filled the room, doubled in brilliance as it was emitted by two sources. Izaya threw up his arm to shield his eyes, wincing at the sudden assault on his sight. When the light faded and the ex-Rocket put down his arm, he could only stare in shock and confusion at the newly-transformed felines before him. Mairu and Kururi had both evolved into Liepard.

Before he could speak a word, the girls sprung into action, acting on the orders he gave them prior to their evolution. This time both girls unsheathed their claws for double Scratch attacks.

Mairu taunted, amused.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash