Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
My Guardian Angel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CommanderNeospace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:40 pm
This RP is between me and starvingbliss

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:58 pm
starvingbliss

Project: Sentience
September 29, 2053

It was on this day, that the results of a top secret mission that went on for several years was finally going to be revealed, if it was possible to transfer the human consciousness into a machine. Although this would be a huge accomplishment for science, it's true agenda was not yet known. Of course this being a big day, the president of Day Corps, the company conducting the experiment, even showed up to see if all the time and money was well spent, and was made to good use.

Several minutes after the experiment was fully conducted, it was ruled a success. It was after this that the president of the company, Charles Day, went to go speak to the head scientist about the experiment, of course, this was to be a secret talk, but everyone noticed the conversation. Everyone noticed how the conversation started, as it started out really well, but as the conversation went on, their conversation got more and more heated, as they appeared to have been yelling at eachother, but no one knows what about. Then everyone hears the president yell, "Stop! What are you-" his statement was interuppted by a sudden explosion, large enough to destroy a decent amount of the company building. About a dozen of the scientists on the scene were killed by the explosion, with others suffering minor to major injuries, including the president of the company.

When news broke, a day later, they reached out to the president for a statement, to which he said that they experienced a rouge-like AI behavior, and it attempted to destroy the whole company, but it failed. Rather than rebuild, the president stated that they will relocate to a different location just several miles away. Weeks later, this came to be truth, as the old building was left abandoned for many years, leaving nothing but rubble and scrap metal, and possibly unidentified bodies. It would take eighty years for someone to once again stumble into this abandoned building.

CommanderNeospace

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 am
CommanderNeospace

Date: September 29, 2133
80 years later

~~~
Andromeda North
Appearance:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

---------------------
"Hard to believe it was 80 years from this day that this building was left to rot..", a young woman stated out loud in a soft voice as she ventured through the old structure. Minding her steps she looked around the building with watchful eyes. What was she looking for? Parts, spare parts and other electric knick knacks and anything else that could possibly be useful. She went by the name of Andromeda North, often called Ann for those who thought her name was a mouthful. Ann is the daughter of a robotics and engineering mechanic. She was working on a project and when she heard of this famous building, she'd be crazy to not explore and see what she could find. It's no secret of what went down that day, it still intrigued Andromeda since she read about it. "I wonder if what was reported, is what truly happened..", Andromeda continued her search, having found a few scattered pieces here and there but nothing big like she hoped.. or so she thought. Going up another floor, she walked down the damaged hallway, her shoes echoing with each step she took. Eyes scavenging the area her curiosity spiked when she spotted something beneath a bit of rubble.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:15 pm
starvingbliss

From underneath the rubble, there appeared to be a cockpit from a jet, but seemed small for any person to fit. As more and more of the rubble cleared, it revealed that it was a jet...with legs! The jet appeared rather small, too small for any person to climb in and pilot it. This machine was an anomaly on itself.

((Sorry that my post was short xP had serious mental block. I promise i'll bring the action with my next post x3))  

CommanderNeospace

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:40 pm
CommanderNeospace

"Whoa... What is this.. I've never seen anything like it..", Andromeda was astonished. She cautiously reached out and touched the machine, she didn't quite know what to make of it. What was it? What does it do? These questions circled around her mind as she continued to observe it. "Is it dangerous? Does it work?" She questioned no one in particular. "... Could this be the machine that caused the incident those years ago..?", if that was the case, should she even be touching it? Could it reactivate?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 pm
starvingbliss

As the woman touched the machine, a loud alarm was immediatly set off. A voice could be heard from the speakers. "Intruder detected...contacting authorities..." the voice was heard with distortions in between it's speech. Then a loud dial tone was heard for several seconds before the voice came back on. "Contacting failed...activating security defenses..." the voice said again. Minutes later, a loud metallic shriek could be heard from somewhere in the building. After that, the machine that the young woman touched made a low humming sound. After that, it started to change, transforming itself into a more human like appearence. It was obvious that this machine was not very operational, it was missing an arm, it was covered in moss, rusted, and looked to have battle damage all over it.

CommanderNeospace

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:15 pm
CommanderNeospace

Andromeda gasped in surprised when the machine moved, she definitely assumed it wouldn't be working. Obviously she was wrong. Taking many paces backward from the machine she watched with a careful eye. Despite it's appearance she was a tad frightened by it. What was it capable of, did it still take commands? Well there's only one way to find out. Clearing her throat, while keeping a safe distance Ann spoke with caution toward the machine. 'Um.. What are you?", hey she's never spoken to a robot, only tinkered with them, she didn't know the proper commands, so all she could do was hope for the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm
starvingbliss

The machine looked over at the young woman, appearing to just be staring at her for a minute. After that another metallic shriek could be heard. This caught it's attention as it slowly browsed the room. It then stood up and slowly moved to a corner in the room, and started moving things around. After a few moments, it revealed an air duct to which she can crawl through to escape.

CommanderNeospace

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:40 pm
CommanderNeospace

Andromeda was surprised at the machine's intelligence, it wasn't quite what she expected either. When it revealed the air duct she realized just how smart it was. "You're assisting me in leaving this place..?", she didn't particularly expect an answer from it, she was just voicing her thoughts out loud. 'I wonder...', "Do you want to leave this place, and maybe come with me?", she's still unsure if it understood her, but if there was a chance she could get it to come with her possibly, and she could try to unlock the secrets within it's wiring without doing any damage ofcourse, she'd take that chance.

((sorry for the late reply, I ran into an emergency as of late and didn't have access to a computer.))  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games