Submit

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:17 pm
Because I don't gush about how much I love Dragon Age in my real life enough already!

But, seriously, has anyone played them? I'm grinding my way through I third playthrough of Inquisition currently.

Which classes/races do you prefer? Who do you typically romance, permitting you romance someone at all?

And, for the sake of inspiring conversation, I'm just going to put it out there that I rather enjoyed II, even if it's seen as the worst of the series.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:26 pm
I've tried out DA: Inquisition on a friends PS4, and it's okay. I spent an hour and a half trying to make a Lulu mage cosplay character, which made my friend frustrated of course, so I didn't get to really do anything besides the first area.

My first impression was, "It's not bad." So I might pick it up in the future when I get some more dosh. Though it's by Bioware who has been on my wary list for a while now...  

Brian From Finance

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 pm
Brian From Finance
I've tried out DA: Inquisition on a friends PS4, and it's okay. I spent an hour and a half trying to make a Lulu mage cosplay character, which made my friend frustrated of course, so I didn't get to really do anything besides the first area.

My first impression was, "It's not bad." So I might pick it up in the future when I get some more dosh. Though it's by Bioware who has been on my wary list for a while now...

Doing a Lulu cosplay in DA:I would prove rather difficult, at least from a hair and clothing standpoint. The clothing for the MC is usually very practical. In your defense, though, you'll spend more time in the first area than any of the other areas. I heard that it's bigger than the maps of both previous games combined.

That said, if you do end up enjoying the game, you should play the other two. Bioware says that DA:I is a standalone, but I've had a lot of people approach me after playing it without playing the previous two and had to have me explain the events of the previous two games, just so they understood everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:18 pm
Strawberry Requiem

I always play as a rogue city elf in da surprised , I feel more of a connection to the people in the Alienage, they feel more like a family than the Dalish to me.

I romance Zevran mostly...
Fenris too for that matter.

Solas can go suck an egg, being who he is and all.  

LadyStormageddon

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Wall Street 200

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 pm
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

I always play as a rogue city elf in da surprised , I feel more of a connection to the people in the Alienage, they feel more like a family than the Dalish to me.

I usually play a Warrior City Elf in DA:O, myself. The female City Elf has the saddest backstory. I typically romance Alistair. He's just so adorable.

I romance Anders mostly in II. And sometimes Isabela if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing, but that's usually a one-time thing.

Solas is rather grating. I'll take Cullen and Bull over him any day. Even Blackwall, and I was unimpressed with his romance.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

I usually play a Warrior City Elf in DA:O, myself. The female City Elf has the saddest backstory. I typically romance Alistair. He's just so adorable.

I romance Anders mostly in II. And sometimes Isabela if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing, but that's usually a one-time thing.

Solas is rather grating. I'll take Cullen and Bull over him any day. Even Blackwall, and I was unimpressed with his romance.

That's why they put a female to represent the city elf origin I guess

I've romanced Isabela before, she's pretty cool. Haven't done Anders yet, I like to side with the templars more often than not...

I made a bad decision to romance Cullen first (because I adored how sweet his romance was, now I'm attached), but now I'm trying to get variety by romancing Sera with a Qunari.

How was Blackwall's romance? 'Cause I don't want to waste my time him.  

LadyStormageddon

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:14 pm
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

I've romanced Isabela before, she's pretty cool. Haven't done Anders yet, I like to side with the templars more often than not...

I made a bad decision to romance Cullen first (because I adored how sweet his romance was, now I'm attached), but now I'm trying to get variety by romancing Sera with a Qunari.

It's okay. Nothing special, really. I felt that it was rushed, probably because it didn't have as many romantic scenes and Cullen and Bull.

Cullen's romance was adorable. I did his romance before Bull's, which made it hard for me to go with his, but I'm glad I did. His was surprisingly sweet. I'm planning on romancing Dorian next, and after him, Sera with a Qunari as well.

I'm not sure if you did his whole personal plotline yet, so I'm putting it all in spoilers, just in case.

Blackwall pushes you away once your flirting becomes a little more serious because he's not really a Gray Warden, nor is Blackwall his real name. Eventually, he caves and sleeps with you, but when you wake up, he's gone to Val Royeoux. He turned himself in to the authorities because he gave the order to have a man and his family murdered to make some quick money. He really was going to join the Wardens. The Commander was a man named Blackwall, and died protecting him from Darkspawn. He assumed his identity because he thought that a good man like him should continue to exist. You can then have your advisers either discreetly break him out of prison, use your influence as the Inquisitor to have him released, or leave him to be executed. If you save him, you're forced to pass judgement on him. You can then choose to execute him yourself, or varying degrees of sparing him. If you spare him, you can choose to continue your relationship with him.

As I said before, there are very few romantic cutscenes with him. They're mostly conversations in which he pushes the Inquisitor away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:44 pm
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

It's okay. Nothing special, really. I felt that it was rushed, probably because it didn't have as many romantic scenes and Cullen and Bull.

Cullen's romance was adorable. I did his romance before Bull's, which made it hard for me to go with his, but I'm glad I did. His was surprisingly sweet. I'm planning on romancing Dorian next, and after him, Sera with a Qunari as well.

I'm not sure if you did his whole personal plotline yet, so I'm putting it all in spoilers, just in case.

Blackwall pushes you away once your flirting becomes a little more serious because he's not really a Gray Warden, nor is Blackwall his real name. Eventually, he caves and sleeps with you, but when you wake up, he's gone to Val Royeoux. He turned himself in to the authorities because he gave the order to have a man and his family murdered to make some quick money. He really was going to join the Wardens. The Commander was a man named Blackwall, and died protecting him from Darkspawn. He assumed his identity because he thought that a good man like him should continue to exist. You can then have your advisers either discreetly break him out of prison, use your influence as the Inquisitor to have him released, or leave him to be executed. If you save him, you're forced to pass judgement on him. You can then choose to execute him yourself, or varying degrees of sparing him. If you spare him, you can choose to continue your relationship with him.

As I said before, there are very few romantic cutscenes with him. They're mostly conversations in which he pushes the Inquisitor away.

Here I was hoping he'd restore my interest in his character with a good romance, but I guess it's not to be.

I have completed most of the follower quest lines, including Blackwall's. I always make an effort to complete them. It is a rule for Bioware games right?

Bull hasn't charmed me enough to pursue him yet. I mean I hear good things about him... But he's a bit too bulky for me ya know?
I also gave him the side eye when he mentioned redheads, and I was playing one at the time. So I was like, "Was that a come on or something?"  

LadyStormageddon

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:59 pm
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

Here I was hoping he'd restore my interest in his character with a good romance, but I guess it's not to be.

I have completed most of the follower quest lines, including Blackwall's. I always make an effort to complete them. It is a rule for Bioware games right?

Bull hasn't charmed me enough to pursue him yet. I mean I hear good things about him... But he's a bit too bulky for me ya know?
I also gave him the side eye when he mentioned redheads, and I was playing one at the time. So I was like, "Was that a come on or something?"

Don't get me wrong, Blackwall is sweet enough as a romance, I just felt like his was lacking something. It almost felt like they tried to take Fenris' and Anders' romances and try to emulate that same bittersweet quality they had, but it just fell short.

Bull is rather large, and not as pretty to look at as some of the other LIs. I romanced him mostly for the novelty of romancing the Qunari (because Varric wasn't an option), but was pleasantly surprised.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:11 am
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem
DimwittedEdison
Strawberry Requiem

Don't get me wrong, Blackwall is sweet enough as a romance, I just felt like his was lacking something. It almost felt like they tried to take Fenris' and Anders' romances and try to emulate that same bittersweet quality they had, but it just fell short.

Bull is rather large, and not as pretty to look at as some of the other LIs. I romanced him mostly for the novelty of romancing the Qunari (because Varric wasn't an option), but was pleasantly surprised.

I mean Bull's face isn't terrible, and I like his unusual horns as well. He just looks off somehow. idk

Varric's quest about Bianca was confusing, like I couldn't grasp onto the situation.  

LadyStormageddon

Masterful Scrounger

14,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wall Street 200

Snort Like A Pig

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:20 am
i just picked up dragon age after like almost a year of not playing it and i guess this would be my third play through? i've played as a warrior and a rogue so this time i decided to be a mage and i'm excited to see how the knight enchanter build turns out

i like being an elf because they're so cute but my favorite class is definitely warrior crying and i ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go for blackwall because he's adorableee
tempted for cullen but prolly not gonna go through with it this playthrough either

anddd right now i'm at the part where i'm choosing between champions of the just and in hushed whispers and i just realized i've always sided with the templars?

also it's ok, i liked dragon age 2 too! yeah, they re-used a lot of the settings but it was honestly a fun game 3nodding

how about yourself?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:19 am
Solasmancing trash here!
Or I was, I don't have my xbox anymore (Busted) so I have to stick to Origins on my comp.  

Orion the Cannibal

Wrathful Duck

beyond the ether

Blazing Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:36 am
I've wanted to play Dragon Age Inquisition so bad! I just have not had any time to go pick it up and I'm also in the middle of a few other things too. But eventually I will get it and I know I will love it haha biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 pm
I usually play either a female elf rouge(archer)/mage or a male human mage/warrior.

DA - Zevran followed by Alistar... I did the romance with Morrigan, but didn't care for it... and after several attempts I couldn't even force myself to do the romance with Leliana. I just don't like her...

DA:2 - I have only done one playthrough (though playing inquisition made me want to play it again) and I only romanced Isabela. I have a weakness for pirates... heart

DA:I - First Cullen, then Dorian, and finally Bull. I was really hard to do Dorian and Bull's playthroughs after Cullen though... cause they were so dang adorable together. Thinking about Cassandra next... she has some pretty cute qualities.

Jupiter_Hime

Greedy Raider

12,125 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Death Squad Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items