Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[ 1v1 ]Nomad (Lex / Sal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:57 pm
Lex never looked forward to Haunted House duty - in fact, he avoided it as much as possible. He wasn't necessarily scared of fighting the Halloween creatures - he'd signed up to hunt down Demons, after all (how naive he'd been) - but ever since Nevada...

The Lifer steeled himself, summoning Regal into his hands. Anything could pop out at any time, and he needed to be ready. Shoot first, ask questions later. The place always got his adrenaline pumping, set the hairs on the back of his neck stiff.

With bated breath and pistol drawn, he turned the corner.

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:05 pm
Lex rounded the corner, and almost immediately he was met with a flash of colour, along with a whoosh of the weighted end of chained bolas as it shot towards his head.

HP: 40/40
Damage: 3

carhop cavalier

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-20)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:10 pm
"s**t!" Lex bellowed, flinching to the left and letting the weighted chain ram him in the shoulder instead, FEAR shield absorbing the blow. What the ******** was that?

Training the pistol in the direction the chains had come from, Lex's eyes narrowed and pupils dilated when the target was found; a lump of brightly colored clothes, and a pale face. "Shouldn't you be in class, kiddo?" Lex hissed, firing a potshot at the creature's chest.

Quote:
HP: 47/50
DMG: 7
CHG: 1/3

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm
Honestly, Salbei hadn't any proof that there was anyone where when he first attacked. He had simply heard a noise, and reacted - a very strange move for him. As it turned out, his attack was well-founded. A Hunter had appeared, training an unusual weapon on him. The strange weapon went off, and Salbei tried to duck to the side, swinging his bolas as he went. His attack struck air, but the blast from the Hunter hit him in the chest enough to hurt.

"Hah!" The old Horseman laughed darkly. "That's adorable - I was an adult long before your ancestors crawled out of the ooze." Well, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but it may as well have been true.

HP: 33/40
Damage: nope  

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 10 Total: 18 (2-20)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:22 pm
Lex's brows furrowed again as he took a few steps back, trying to keep as much space between himself and whatever this creature was. He hadn't gotten a close enough look to identify him yet, but he sounded old. Ancient, from what he told him.

Not a student. Possibly not even a graduate of that academy. That could mean either one of two things...

The Hunter inhaled sharply, eyes suddenly wild. "Which clan are you from?" The robes were covering up too much for Lex to tell. Though, if he had to wager, it was Famine. From the reports and the scattered encounters on missions, Lex knew Famine horsemen tended to wear a lot of robes and colors. He was never sure why.

He was sure of one thing, though. Horsemen were the enemy, and they all needed to be riddled with bullet holes. Lex sent another blast of energy hurtling the Horseman's way, aiming for the head.

Quote:
HP: 47/50
DMG: 12
CHG: 2/3

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:48 pm
"Now, now, you can't expect me to give you all the answers!" Sal tsked, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "You should put that brain of yours to use. Use your powers of deduction." If this Human had any, of course. The Hunter stepped back and he stepped forward, swinging his bolas once more. This time he aimed for his hands, trying to disarm him.

The strange weapon fired at him again, and he ducked to the side - not fast enough, unfortunately, as the left side of his face took the brunt of the damage, pieces of his horn breaking off under the impact.

HP: 21/40
Damage: 3  

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-20)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 pm
The bolas struck out at Lex yet again, getting him to recoil and clutch the shoulder they hit. The shield may absorb blows, but Lex still felt the pain of them. He was just thankful that there wasn't any risk of dislocation.

"So you are a Horseman, then." Lex stated smugly, keeping the barrel of Regal trained on his opponent. Never let them leave the sights, pull the trigger if they move. Steady breaths, steady breaths. "Famine, by the looks of it. All those robes, the horns."

And it was Famine that had given those scars to Ami. Famine that kept Ami up at night, that had put bugs in her and made her live a life that could have been. Famine did that to her, and they deserved as much punishment as he did. "So tell me, Famine, have you seen a Huntress lately? Strawberry blonder hair, tied in a long braid. Very petite, with cold eyes" He fired two rounds this time, one at each leg. Back up.

Quote:
HP: 44/50
DMG: 8
CHG: 3/3

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:12 pm
"Very good!" He even offered a brief, sarcastic clap. "You have already proven to be above your mindless peers." The Hunter had deducted his Clan very well, though that wasn't particularly true anymore, either. While he did hail from Famine, they could hardly be called a clan any longer.

"May I inquire after your weapon? I have not seen anything like it." It hurt. A lot. It was an unusual thing, but quite interesting.

"I'm afraid that description does not ring any bells." At least he had the grace to not sound disappointed. "Though, are you certain you can trust me to be honest with you?" His question was asked with sincere curiosity.

HP: 13/40
Damage: 4  

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:39 pm
Oh, sassy. Lex actually gave the monster - er, Horseman - a wry grin, twirling the pistol in his hands. "Well, thank you, I suppose.On all three counts."

The pistol stopped twirling, aimed yet again at the Famine Horseman. "Hm? You haven't run into a weapon like mine before?" A small, strange pride welled in Lex's chest for a few moments. "It's called a gun. Traditionally, they fire small metal bearings via exploding gunpowder - but that's all just details I'm sure you can look up later." Lex's grin turned to a harsh neutral, a stoic malice. Why was he being so amiable with the enemy? Giving away precious information like that...

"Truth be told, I can't trust you - with how my weapon works, or if you've seen said Huntress. But I know that I can trust you to try and kill me, or my friends. So, I'd apologize for this, but-"

Lex aimed another energy blast at the chest, smirk painting his lips. "Father told me not to tell lies."

Quote:
HP: 40/50
DMG: 11

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:51 pm
"If I had, young one, I would not have inquired." Sal informed him, his rasping voice smooth with patience. The information he was given he stored away; even if nothing else came of this fight, he had the knowledge that there was a type of weapon out there he had no information on, until now. "I understand how Hunter Weapons work, child. I simply had not seen such a casing for it." He corrected patiently, with a tolerating smile on his bloody lips.

"Never apologize for doing what you think is right." Which was why, though his whole form ached, he still swung the bolas at the Hunter's shoulder again. "Your Father sounds like an honourable man."

HP: 2/40
Damage: 4  

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-20)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 pm
"Ah, I see. You'll have to pardon my insolence." Lex drawled, nostrils flared. Of course he asked because he didn't know; Lex was simply caught off guard. "I was just surprised you haven't run into any other Hunters with guns. Though I do suppose most of us use more archaic weapons."

The bolas hit Lex right as he squeezed the trigger of the pistol, throwing his aim off and only clipping the Horseman. Lex paced backward still, putting himself against a wall. s**t.

"I'm glad we can agree on that, then. The right thing." Odd, how two hostile forces could do that. "And I must say, sir, you're far more sociable than some of the others I've met. You haven't tried to shove little bugs under my skin, yet."

Quote:
HP: 36/50
DMG: 1

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:08 pm
"You are forgiven. After all, you are still quite young." It was important to educate the youth, even or perhaps especially the youth of another, much younger specie entirely. He was a forgiving man, despite it all.

"I've never been a fan of bug-torture. It's uninspired at best." Salbei sounded bored, and he even took a chance on wasting time by waving a boney, tattooed hand in dismissal. "I aim to humiliate and irritate. I find those wear down this Human Soul more than the conventional means. It takes time - a lot of time - but it yields results." Plus, they were an awful lot more fun. "But I suppose the classics are classic for a reason." He sighed.

There was a moment where he tried to lift his bolas again, but the repeated damage had weakened his shield enough to severely limit the movement of his arms. The weapon swung uselessly, and the Horseman, recognizing defeat, offered only a smile.

"It seems the young one has won this match."

HP: 1/40
Damage: nope  

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 pm
Lex was not the type to continue fighting when someone else had given up. He'd been in enough bar brawls to know that just earned you a lot of hatred and disgust, and as the Horseman had said, his father was an honorable man - and if Lex ever really wanted anything, it was to be like his father.

"Then you surrender?" Lex asked, dismissing Regal to totem form, then summoning the gun into the space between his jeans and the small of his back. "And your findings are right - we recover from torture; some of us even become stronger through it. Degradation is a powerful weapon."

Lex nodded to the man, slowly backing away with his arms raised. "I didn't ask your name, sir. If you don't mind?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 pm
"This time, yes." It was surprising, but quite pleasing, that the young Hunter had ended the match there. In his experience, anyone else would have taken the opportunity to temporarily put him out of his misery. "I will not, however, be allowing you to take me anywhere. I do hope you understand that." He forfeited the match, announced the Hunter as the victor, but he was not about to be a prisoner. Dissipating himself was the better alternative, and one he would not hesitate to take.

"Indeed! Ruin the mind, and you ruin the body. It doesn't often work the other way around." Salbei was pleased with how easily this Hunter understood and accepted the finer art of torture. Quite pleased, actually. "You are quite interesting, for a young Hunter." His voice rasped and his hands - along with his bolas - disappeared into his many robes. No doubt clutching some of the damage that had been done to the trunk of his body.

"Salbei." He gave easily enough. A name was a name, and his didn't hold particular power. "And yours?"

Enoh Love
Crew

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:14 pm
"Not to worry, Salbei. That's not my division." Lex smiled, stopping in his backtracking to give the Horseman a little farewell wave. "And thank you; you're quite the interesting Horseman. "

He grabbed the pendant in his pockets, smiling. "Alexei."

The Life Hunter whispered the magic words, and was quickly taken back to the island, where he gave the pendant back and headed for home, a smile on his face for once.

enoh love

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff