[prp] Training session [Aulus & Oliver][Fin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:42 pm
"Spike chain?" Aulus' eyebrows rose slightly. "Never used one myself, they certainly look impressive though." He wasn't sure how practical they were as an actual weapon, he'd never really thought to look into it. "Well, turn up at seven if you like then and we'll see if we can scour away some of the rust. As for mega stone," he shrugged expressively, "I can't tell you why or even actually how they work, I don't know if anyone actually understands that, but I can tell you how to operate them which I think was actually your question. To start with the pokemon needs to be in close proximity to its mega stone, holding it or wearing it on a collar or something. The trainer then needs to touch their keystone and focus on the pokemon and if you're in sync enough with the pokemon they mega evolve. It doesn't last long though, after about an hour of normal activity or a short duration in battle they'll revert to their usual form and won't be able to mega evolve again until they rest for a while. How it actually functions though, as I say, I'm buggered if I know."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:44 pm
"Not the most practical, impressive as hell and sort of a fun way to work on control and aim," Oliver admitted and he found it relaxing since it had a set rhythm of movement and a sort of song in the way everything flowed and moved.

Was a bit of both, truthfully, but if Aulus didn't know he didn't know and learning the mechanics of actually using it was useful. He listened, following along the expectation and hmph slightly at the end. Not like evolution stones then, well more like both, a stone matching type and a keystone..

"Do you need more then one keystone, sir?" He questioned wondering if the megastone and keystoned matched?  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:56 pm
"Ah, no," Aulus shook his head, "you only need the one, so far as I gather it sort of becomes attuned to you. You can only mega evolve one pokemon at a time and having more than one keystone doesn't seem to change that, so must be some kind of sustained connection between it and a pokemon's mega stone when they're mega evolved I suppose. Mmh, well I look forward to seeing you demonstrate the chain even if it's not practical. If you're interested you can start of learning one of the weapons I teach too: knives, katana, and staff."

So, opinions so far? Fairly positive. Oliver didn't seem like an idiot, which was always a major plus, and he approved of the fact that the guy was actually asking questions rather than trying to pretend he knew everything. The other important point was that his pokemon looked well cared for, neither cowed nor spoiled.

"I've got an Absol myself and a mega stone for her if you're interested in seeing," Aulus added after a moment as it occurred to him that Oliver might be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm
"Oooh, " well the idea that the keystone and Mega Stone would be attuned by similar radiation was out. Unless the keystone gave off a type of radiation that the Megastone reacted to when pressed? Perhaps? He stopped puzzling out that tricky problem and focused on listening.

"I'll bring it with me on Thursday, sir." He had it taped under his assigned bunk to keep his room mates from taking off with it.

"I would like that, sir." He added, perking up slightly. First hand expertise, a chance to watch and gain some experience? Yes.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:30 pm
Aulus nodded acknowledgement and reached to his belt to retrieve Tortie's pokeball; the patched Absol appeared in a flash of light, she was wearing a mega stone around her neck on a thick leather collar and judging by the look she gave them she didn't think much of Oliver's collection of pokemon.

"We're giving a demonstration of mega evolution," Aulus told her as she turned to him for instructions. Once she had nodded acknowledgement Aulus slid open a hidden panel on the inside of his metal forearm and touched the keystone underneath. They keystone glowed at his touch and barely a moment later Tortie's mega stone flashed into life too, swiftly engulfing her in vivid pink light. After a few moments the light dissipated and Torie - suitably mega-ed - gave herself a shake and flexed her fluffy wing-like appendages.

Aulus gestured to the mega Absol; "And it's as easy as that. Getting hold of a mega stone is difficult though; you can buy them from the Team but they're very expensive, I had to save for a long time to get Tortie's."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 pm
Sucrose perked up at the sight of the other Absol, blade shape tail giving a lazy wag and not noticing the unimpressed look they were given.

Corri gave a soft noise of uneasy, puffing up and pressing against Citrine large eyes focused on the possible threat. Firefly yawned sharply, not giving a flying ******** what the other thought and licked his paw. What ever.

<> Sucrose cried, excited. << I want to be pretty tooo, can I be pretty?>> Sucrose questioned, turning to nudge at her much smaller trainer. Look! Look! She can do that tooo, right?

Oliver noted the small lapse of time between the response and gave the other an interested look. Wings? Certainly more fur and sharper looking and a rather unique and well, hello Sucrose. "I'll take a look Sucrose, but it probably going to be a while."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:33 am
<> Tortie scoffed as she stretched out luxuriantly; she liked this form, she liked it a lot.

"Quite a while," Aulus agreed with a snort of amusement, which he then followed with a shrug and an amendment to; "Unless you happen to get lucky, you never know." Perhaps if Oliver managed to steal a different kind of mega stone the labs would be good enough to allow him to trade it for Absolite but he had no idea about that so he wasn't going to mention it and get the guy's hopes up.

"Anyway," Aulus continued, "as I'm sure you know mega-evolution boosts a pokemon's stats. In Absol's case they gain some attack power, and a little more special attack and speed. Attack remains their strongest stat but it makes powerful special attack based moves a bit more viable if you have a particular preference for them. Their abilities often change too, Absol all gain Magic Bounce - which basically works the same as Magic Coat - regardless of what their usual ability is."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:55 pm
Sucrose grinned, letting the comments roll off her, excitable and wiggling at the thought of being extra, extra fluffy.

Oliver idly scratched around Sucrose's ear as he listened. "Mmhm, that is an improvement in there best stats then.." Absols had little defensive capabilities being made to hit and hit hard. The speed increase actually was beneficial, since they wanted to get the first hits in.

"Convenient..." once he had Magic coat down, he wouldn't have to worry overly much about Magic Bounce. It was similar enough, he admitted, looking it up quickly in his dex.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:26 am
"Only a pity it doesn't last longer than it does," Aulus concluded with a slight shrug. Was it possible to extend the time mega evolution lasted? Augmented stones? Doing something - egh - to the pokemon themselves? The labs were probably already doing tests on it, the labs were always doing tests.

"Anyway, do you have any further questions for now trainee?" Aulus made another note on his arm; it was actually a note to self to get more jerky for his carnivores next he went shopping but Oliver didn't need to know that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:58 am
Oliver paused, going over the lesson and gave a slight noise of thought. "Just two, who is in charge of demolitions and medical? I think my next course of action before any finite plans can be made is to talk to them about ideas." He was a trainee, but it wasn't going to be forever and he should get a plan in place with where he wanted to work.

Or if he could juggle both, which could be a possibility but might lead to burnout, which was not at all pleasant.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:34 am
There he went again with the weird phrasing; Aulus raised an eyebrow but didn't comment on what he saw as an awkward and possibly pretentious way of putting things - who talked about their plans in the third person like that? "Well for demolitions Elite Becca is the woman you want; I don't know how much time she'll have to talk to a trainee but that's her prerogative, she's got a reputation as an approachable woman and she certainly loves her subject. I couldn't tell you the head of medical off the top of my head but I know a guy who works in the department who'd be able to tell you, Daniel Wolff. That's for a given value of 'know' mind you, we're not bosom buddies or anything." Meeting him in the depths of a crashed ship full of horrors sort of counted as 'know', he felt.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 am
" Elite Becca and Daniel Wolff," he replied, taking a quick note and nodded. "Thank you, sir. I can't think of anything else."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 am
"Right then," Aulus nodded, "dismissed, and I expect to see you at my next class."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:26 am
"Will do, sir." Oliver replied.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items