Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] SPICE UP YOUR LIFE (Lock)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:57 pm
Quote:

NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!
  • Roll a 1d20:
    • 1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
    • 2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
    • 3: A vegetable.
    • 4: A fruit.
    • 5: A raw meat.
    • 6: A cooked meat.
    • 7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
    • 8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
    • 10: A mouth product.
    • 11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
    • 12: Make-up.
    • 13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
    • 14: Clothing of some sort.
    • 15: A toy.
    • 16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
    • 17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
    • 18: Office Stationery
    • 19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
    • 20: A book.
  • Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…
  • Roll a 1d4
    • 1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
    • 2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
    • 3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
    • 4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
  • RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
  • Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!
  • Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
    • 1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
    • 6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
    • 11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
    • 16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
  • Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
  • RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
  • Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +1 rp point for completing, and another +1 point if you managed to go over 800 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +1 rp point for completing, another +1 if you managed to go over 800 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

RAFFLE TICKET! You get +1 Halloween Raffle Ticket! Go HERE to claim!

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 pm
Lock considered himself an average cook. He certainly wasn't an iron chef, but neither was he a guy that survived on instant worm-noodle packages. He fell somewhere in between, in the realm of being able to cook for himself and maybe another person, but not really having a wide pallet or being all too fancy. Which was ironic coming from a guy that spouted fancy out the a**.

Either way, he was already scratching his head about how to pumpkin spice a ruler. Spice generally implied a food or a drink, as in, something you could eat. How was he even supposed to test if it was spiced it he couldn't even eat it?

This trick or treater was already proving to be as batty as the rest, no pun intended.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

chiickadee rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:06 pm
You know, of all things he had never really considered that pumpkin spice came from a container. He always pictured it in the hands of witches and sorcerers, just like the ones that were on the store labels.

Well then.

He looked around at what others were doing, trying to gauge what to do with the ruler. Seeing as everyone else around him had gotten foods, they were really no help. He thought about calling the trick or treater over for help, but in his experience trick or treaters usually did more damage than good.

So he shook the container over the wood and hoped ... something would happen.

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 pm
Lock squinted at his product through thick glasses. It ... was a ruler. No matter how he tried to sell it, it was a ruler with pumpkin spice powder on it. It wasn't even a food, he couldn't eat it to try and like hell he was going to lick a ruler in front of everyone.

It was a ruler.

He had no choice but to walk the dirge of death up towards Static, and when it was his turn he offered it to her. She was quiet at first, examining it from side to side and turning it around a few times to test its validity, but then she exploded with static noises and sparks. Lock just sort of awkwardly stood there and took it while she explained.

What he gathered was that she ... was happy? Maybe? That was what it seemed like anyways. He supposed he had done a good job.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces