[PRP]A Hunting We Will Go[Gecko/Fair Hunter]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm
(Ignore this I'm REALLY DUMB and forgot to roll)  
So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.After their terrible bender the night before, Gecko was hungry. REALLY hungry. She remembered dancing... and Hunter dancing... and wow, what a crazy time! It was almost like it was a dream! But occasional kin had stopped her and said how great they were, so it was very much clearly not a dream! It would've been really, really weird if she had been this hungry and tired after a dream. Because dreams were sleeping! And sleeping was super restful! So... it just would not have been good sense.

Slipping into the clearing, light on her hooves, Gecko approached the pit trap she had set some days before, and peered in. A great, fat pig had fallen in! It must've been there for a few days, because the thing was just dead. She didn't even kill it! Squealing with delight, Gecko turned to her swift-approaching friend.

"Hunter! Um, come here! I got us a meal!" She called, then winced. Really, was her voice always this loud? Really???

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fair Hunter was learning so many things at this festival, but the most important was the definition of the term hangover. She'd been feeling under the weather all day- so that's why you didn't go that hard on the fermented fruit- but was feeling a bit better thanks to finding that one of her snares had gone off. What a goose was doing this far into the woods was a mystery, but it was a lovely bird. The feathers alone meant that she was going to have to skin it carefully. It was breathing hard- still alive, barely. She finished that, quickly and as painlessly as she knew how. Taking it in her jaws, she trotted off to find Gecko to show her the prize. Gecko had found herself a pit trap- and there was something inside of it. Dropping the bird at the pit's edge, she stared down into the hole below. There was a pig in there- an actual pig. "Aren't... aren't those usually smart enough to avoid pit traps?"  
So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:12 pm
"Well. Um. I set it up as to do this. Thing," Gecko started, gesturing towards a second trap. In it, there was a snared hare- nothing to make a substantial meal, but combined with the pig, it would be FOOD. So much good food! She smiled, toddling over to gnaw the rope off with the bunny attached. As she did, she continued her explanation.

"Cause piggies are smart, so when I dug the trapper trap, I thought. Well. He is going to see the leaves covering it, unless I distract him! So I set the snare with food to lure him over all clever-like. And then, when he was all HUFF HUFF!" She puffed her chest out at this, and made a few snorting sounds as she stomped around.

"He came over to the vine, but it was a trick! He goes HUFF HUFF, I AM TOO SMART! And I. Um. I guessed he would go thisaway! And he did! And he fell in, and now he is dead." She smiled down at the pig, the rabbit snare in her teeth.

"Part of it was luck! But then, piggies also like good mushrooms. So I knew what he would want, and laid them out! He probably broke his leg, and couldn't get the food. So he just died."

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 pm
As Gecko freed the rabbit, Fair Hunter noticed some tracks and instinctively followed them while she tried to process what had just been said. "So you... lured a pig- an incredibly smart animal- by setting up multiple traps and- huh." What happened to the idiot she lived with? Who was this extremely competent hunter? Sure, she'd been showing her how to do things, but... this was way beyond what they'd worked on. "You can't have picked all of this up from watching me- I hardly ever do pits, I'm more about snares and tracking and working in the water," she said as she pawed at the den she found. No squirrel, but there were some acorns. "Nobody's home here, but they left their acorns. You want 'em?"  
So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:29 pm
How did she know that? It was a long story. A very long story from very long ago. Shifting uneasily, Gecko stumbled over her words. It was not a thing she wanted to talk about. Or even remember. Hunter would not like her after that. And her one friend.

"A-acorns! YES!" She cried, thundering over to where they were. Gnawing delightedly on her nutty treats, Gecko looked up to Hunter with a most doofy grin.

"Um yes, this is good! But. I think maybe. Just uh, maybe! We should leave either the bunny or birdy and leg it home? I think lynxeses live here," The last was said as a mock-whisper, and she nodded intently.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Scaramouche Fandango rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:39 pm
"Can't explain it? I guess that's why they call it beginner's luck, huh," Hunter said as she sniffed the air. A low growl came from above in the trees; she craned her head upwards to see a pair of eyes reflecting the light... and another pair... and another pair. Criminy, how many were there?

"Grab your pig, I've got my goose. Let's get out of here before these lynxes decide they want pork for dinner."

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games