Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:26 pm
Lately I've taken up a liking for talons and pinchers
And I think some of them wouldn't look bad in my ears
But the only thing I've ever put in them
is regular earings which don't even tell what guage they are
so I have no idea what size peircings I have right now.
D:
So if anybody knows what size they proabably or at least close to it,
I'll love you forever.
<3

And also:
I don't think I could do this,
but is it at all possible to stretch the hole just a bit
but still wear the smaller jewlry?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:37 pm
    Try using this:
    User Image

And let me correct you real fast so no one in the future gets on your a** about it: It's stretching, not guaging. Guage is just the thickness/size of the jewelry, it's not a verb. You stretch your ears with different gauged jewelry in order to get a bigger lobe/piercing hole.

Sorry, it bothers me, but I thought I'd let you know so that you don't make the same mistake twice in the future. razz

< c : / / z o m b i n a . e x e >

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:06 pm
MiLK`

And let me correct you real fast so no one in the future gets on your a** about it: It's stretching, not guaging. Guage is just the thickness/size of the jewelry, it's not a verb. You stretch your ears with different gauged jewelry in order to get a bigger lobe/piercing hole.

Sorry, it bothers me, but I thought I'd let you know so that you don't make the same mistake twice in the future. razz

I knew that.
0o
I guess I just have a bad habit
of wording thigs strangely.
*sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:48 pm
Yea, "regular" earrings are around 20ga to 18ga. So you can start out stretching with 16ga or 14ga jewelry if you wish.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:47 pm
for still wearing smaller jewelry but stretching also, it's probably not the best idea, but my friend wears a tongue bar and a regular earing in one hole. so you'd have to stretch the regular one in too or something. it's probably not the best idea i'm thinking because it migt leave the hole less circular.

thats just my 2 cents mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:55 pm
    Yeah trying to put a bunch of different jewelry in one hole isn't going to be good for your ear in the long run.
    If your friend can't afford larger guaged jewelry, she could always use teflon, electric, or bondage tape for now or try to use household items:

BME's At Home Stretching Supplies

At the bottom they have a list of household items useable for stretching small[er] lobes. Everything from 16g - 0000g

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm
MiLK`
    Yeah trying to put a bunch of different jewelry in one hole isn't going to be good for your ear in the long run.
    If your friend can't afford larger guaged jewelry, she could always use teflon, electric, or bondage tape for now or try to use household items:

BME's At Home Stretching Supplies

At the bottom they have a list of household items useable for stretching small[er] lobes. Everything from 16g - 0000g

I don't think you're supposed to use electical tape because it's sticky. I haven't looked it up in a while, but that's what I'm recalling from my reading. Teflon tape is good though because it's not sticky. It's a plumber's tape and it has a four letter abbreviation like PTFE tape, I can't remember if that's the exact name either though.  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games