[PRP] Forest Children Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:02 pm
With a soft giggle, Drayce turned their head to peer hazily over at Breeze. "Oh...good morning." They yawned, sitting up carefully so they could stretch their arms over their head. "Whatcha doin' in the tree?" They asked, reaching out to gently pat the Pikachu's head.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:13 pm
One of the Pikachu's ears flicked back when he was pat on the head, giving Drayce a somewhat exasperated look, then pointed toward the tree

By now Emith was standing upon the balcony, her thing arms crossed over her chest, contrasting eyes peering over at the human and pokemon in the tree with a somewhat perplexed look to them.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:29 am
"Beat you? Are ser- Oh, of course you are, why am I even asking?" Lin sighed, frowning with some concern, and a little self-irritation that he was somewhat sure he /wouldn't/ beat Ray.
"That's the only catch? If I lose?" The boy pushed himself off of the tree and tried to flash a smile more confident than he felt at Gon.
"Well, I guess some morning exercise would be a good idea..."

Jeeves' eyes widened, then narrowed, and he sighed deeply. Great.

Acorn threw her arms in the air happily.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:43 pm
"YYYYEAAAAY" Gon cheered, throwing both of his fists up into the air when Lin agreed to train as well. Not that we would have given up anyway! but it was always more fun to train with other people then if he was alone.
Just as quickly as he had been to throw himself into celebration, the spiky haired boy turned to Ray, fists back at his side. "We're ready!"
"Treecko!" His pokemon chimed in.
"For whatever you've got for us!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray arched her eyebrows at the younger boy, the energy coming off of him was so intense that it was almost tangible.
licking her lips lightly and pulling a smirk back over her features she allowed her calmed perpetually amused expression fall over her face once again.
sliding her mossy eyes back over to Lin she lifted a hand to gesture to him.
"We're going to be doing a lot of conditioning training." She warned them "Keep up with me the best you can, or risk being left in the dust."

A charge almost licked off of Gon's aura at the challenge, only drawing a broader smirk from Ray. Getting her pumped too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray had not been kidding when she threatened to leave them in the dust. Leading them into a series of quick paced and long lasting workouts.
It was nothing extraordinary like what she usually did when it came to Pokemon training. Training her own body usually consisted of the usual- cardio, stretching, endurance. Sit ups, push ups, running, squats, pull ups.
And as she promiced she did not slow down, not even a little, from time to time though she would look over to see how the others were managing.

By the end ray was standing over the form of a tiny twelve year old panting and gasping for air on his fists and knees. She herself out of breath with sweat glistening from her skin, but not looking much worse for wear.

"You all done now?" Ray asked tilting her head,

It took Gon a moment to reply, panting and shaking, his muscles screaming at him as he shook his head before finding the breath to speak
"I haven't... finished..."

Ray arched her eyebrows, as she boy moved back into push up position, and then proceeded to tremble in place for a few seconds. his entire face straining with the effort of getting himself down just two... more... times.

Ray sighed and reached a hand to her head "Gon, you're done."

He ignored her, just as he ignored the sweat dripping from his nose as he slowly, and with great struggle pushed himself down, and slowly back up.
"One... more!"

Ray had half a mind to stop him, but instead watched as he yelled his way through his last push-up. and then collapsed onto the grass.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 pm
Ray watched the boy on the ground gasping and panting for breath, practically trembling with the effort he had just put into a work out that he should not have been able to withstand. By the end it was pure stubbornness that was driving him, foolish, hard headed stubbornness.
... She would have to keep an eye on this one, before she thought she knew the limits of his capabilities, but now... now she wasn't sure just how far he is capable of going when he gets it into his head that he has no other choice but to.
A force of might was awakening before her eyes, in the tiny form of the boy, twelve year old boy made of mostly limbs gasping with an excited and proud Treecko perched by his head.

Exceeding his limits may hurt him, but a hungry curiosity was starting to claw its way through the master trainer's gut. Just how far could she start poking this kid? How quickly was he going to exceed everything she expected? What was he going to become?
slowly her head tilted to the side as she moved forward and reaching down to pat the boy's back, who was already starting to try and push himself up.

"Alright that's enough, lets get back to camp and get some breakfast."
She said,
"If you think the training ends here then you're in for a bad day. We've got a trip to the center that we're ganna take."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:40 pm
There was no hidden motive as to why Gon pushed himself. He wasn't trying to impress Ray at this point, he wasn't even trying to impress himself. It wasn't anything deep or meaningful.
In his mind it was a simple, he was going to finish what he started, no matter how difficult. What was the point of stopping what he started?

His body had been pushed to the limit, and had his arms not given out from under him, slamming him into the wet grass me might have tried to go for even more.
Given enough time to rest, Gon felt the fingers tapping at his back, and with the effort he pushed himself up to his hands and feet, his lungs burning as he gasped for breath and his arms weak with fatigue, but he found that he really loved that feeling.

"We're going to the center today?" He asked, managing to push himself to his feet, reaching up to wipe the sweat off from under his chin onto his arm, looking down at Treecko "think we'll win today?"

It wasn't the first time Gon had been to the Trainer center. He had spent some time there before when he had first arrived on the island, but he had been so new to training that the progress he had made there was less then ideal. He lost more times then he had won, and that had become very frustrating to the young boy.
In the height of his frustration toward his and Treecko's weakness Ray had found him, crying in anger in the woods and nursing some bruises from a battle they had just lost.
He had promised to guide him into becoming stronger, it had been several months since that day, and now he was going to really see how far he and Treecko have come.

Bright eyes turning to Treecko as the pokemon pounced up onto his shoulder the boy turned quickly where he stood, moving to run back to the tree house, forgetting the fatigue in his legs that promptly gave out from under him.
The sound of Ray's laugh caught up with the boy as he promptly fell and rolled to the ground.

"How about we walk?" Ray suggested, standing by the boy but otherwise letting him get up himself before they more slowly made their way back home.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:55 pm
Lin, perhaps, did not have it as bad as Gon seemed to for a fair bit of the training- a life spent more in the trees, and moving between them, than on the ground meant their was a fair bit of strength and endurance in the boy's wiry frame.

Still, some disciplines did not cross over, and while he might have been happily able to hang one handed from a tree for quite a length of time, or balance on a thin branch, things like sit ups and squats plus the pace and organization of the workouts were more than a little more than something Lin was used to.
This wasn't helped by the fact that Jeeves, who wasn't heavy but still added a little weight, mostly refused to get off of his human through all of it.

"Man. He's... keen." Was Lin's only comment on Gon's entire progress, including the fall he'd had.
The older boy had no intention of going near the trainer's center if he could help it; it always seemed too much of a risk without being properly registered.
He was content to stay among the trees with Jeeves and Acorn.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:10 pm
Drayce looked up towards to where Breeze was pointing, giving an emphatic wave when they spotted Emith standing near the railing. "G'morning to you too, Emith!" They chirped before stretching their legs with a groan. "I'm up, I'm up." The lanky trainer leaned to their left until they were clinging to the tree with both arms and legs. They took a moment to watch the world upside down beneath them before letting go with their legs to drop gracefully onto the ground. "Just can't say no to a nap in the trees!" They jogged in place for a moment to warm themselves up before waving up at the Pikachu and the Scizor, this time in farewell. "Imma go find everyone else, yeah?"

With that, the red-head started towards the lake.

"Goooooooooon? Raaaaaaaaay? Where ya at?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:12 pm
For as tall as Ray was, and thin, every part of her body could be described as long- Not just her lanky limbs, but a long torso adding to a very thin first appearance, the ex-trainer was no doubt a powerhouse as shown by her daily training. her mass was made up of entirely muscle that would suddenly show itself whenever she flexed.
Her legs however, with thick thighs showed a clear power to them in contrast to her arms, though even then her usually baggie pants disguised them.
She was deceiving, from her body structure to the lazy half lidded look she carried in her eyes and the nearly permanent smile across her lips, lulling the gullible into a false scene of security.

Hanging back a few paces as she watched Gon proceed begrudgingly at a slower pace then he had before. she allowed her gaze to drift over to Lin at his comment, reaching a hand out to pat it on his shoulder, sweat still glistening her long arms and chest.
"He sure is." she replied, making a gesture for him and his companion Pokemon to walk with her. "Makes me wonder just how far He can be pushed." Her musing was said allowed, as her eyes moved back to her youngest pupil. "... Makes me grateful the KSO didn't want him."
"You better watch out Lin, pretty soon that little Green Bean will surpass you."
She flashed the other man a witty smirk. her wide stride leading the way.

Before long Ray caught the sounds of another familiar voice calling out.
"ah- Looks like Drayce is awake too." Though she didn't need to call out as Gon's voice boomed out in reply.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 pm
"Draaaaaaayce!" Gon called back, cupping his hands around his mouth as he called.
"Treeeeeeeee!" Treecko chimed in.

Feeling the wight of the Pokemon appear onto his back, Gon managed to push himself a little more to speed up without breaking out into a run, knowing he might end up on the ground again.

A hand shot up into the air when he did lay eyes on the taller boy, a bright smile spreading over his face as she tried to grab his attention.
"Drayce! you're awake pretty early too huh?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 pm
It only took a moment for Drayce to locate their friends, a wide smile stretching across their face as Gon raced to greet them. "Mornin', Green Bean." They chirped, jogging to close the short distance between them. "I heard you get up so I thought I would get up too, ya know?" They stretched their arms above their head with a groan. "S'real early though. Were ya trainin' with Leader Bean?" They asked curiously, reaching out to pat Treecko's head once he was within reach.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:37 pm
"Yup!" Gon replied, stopping in front of the taller trainer, having to crane his neck up to look at the red head. "She wasn't going to let me at first."

"No I wasn't, nor am I going to let this be a habit." said leader said, walking by the two younger students toward the tree. smirking at the protests coming from Gon that followed the comment.
The gray haired women paused and turned to face them, putting hand on her hip.
"you have a problem with that." she noted intrigued.

"Yeah I do, I want to keep getting stronger." He explained.

"hm... well after today's preformance, I'll mull the idea over." the women revised, causing the boy to perk up and look over at Dyace as if hoping he had heard the same thing.

"Do you want to train with me today after breakfast Drayce?" He asked, clearly still pumped about the day's activities despite how much difficulty he was having i moving at the moment.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:21 pm
While Drayce understood wanting to train to become a better trainer, they just could not understand what it was that made Gon push himself so hard. He was such a little guy and though Drayce knew that there was strength hidden away in that tiny body...they still worried about how much the kid pushed himself. The red-head trusted Ray though, she would know how to deal with Gon much better than they did. Which was a relief.

As wide, brown eyes turned up to them, the lanky trainer gave their friend an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Sure, sounds like fun!" They chirped before their stomach grumbled loudly. "But definitely after breakfast, I could prolly eat a whole Ursaring!" They clutched at their stomach before dramatically stumbling after Ray and towards the tree house.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:29 pm
"Good going, Gon." Lin commented, but gave an easy shrug at Ray's taunt.
"Probably," he admitted without any hint of grudge or bitterness "but he's got some kind of super drive inside of him... I just need to be strong enough to beat Rockets. Not trying to be 'the best'." It was, perhaps, a little naive, or lazy, but it sounded like Lin simply believed he'd be fine as long as he could beat Rockets he came across... and was probably underestimating them.

He went quiet after that, content to listen, and to share in breakfast.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out