Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Charlie Hebdo Depicts God as Angry Jihadist

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:45 am
Charlie Hebdo Depicts God as Angry Jihadist on Terror Attack Anniversary?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 am
edited

What they meant as a mockery and as scorn is indirectly admitting the truth. When his people arouse his wrath, God does send terrorism as judgment.

• Leviticus 26:16 (NIV)

16 then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it.

• Leviticus 26:25 (NIV)

25 And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands.

God attacks via armies, diseases, infestations of animals, etc. He uses what's present in creation to attack his sinful creations.

This printing house either knowingly received godly discernment or God is speaking through them unbeknownst to them (I had moments like these as an unbeliever and looking back I recognize the hand of God putting words in people's mouths around me, or in my own mouth, that proved his word true—as ignorant as I was at the time about what the bible said).

All of that to say, yes, terrorism is the result of God's wrath. And right now the obvious hammer in his hand are radical Muslims like ISIS. Ergo, labeling God as a Jihadist.

The world has trouble discerning between "lawful killing" and "murder"—and "lawful" according to God's Law. Example: Phinehas took the life of a fellow Israelite, but instead of being a murderer, God honored him with a covenant of peace (because Phinehas killed off who/what—in God's creation—was acting unlawfully).

• Numbers 25:7-13 (NIV)

7 When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand 8 and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear into both of them, right through the Israelite man and into the woman’s stomach. Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; 9 but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.

10 The Lord said to Moses, 11 “Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, has turned my anger away from the Israelites. Since he was as zealous for my honor among them as I am, I did not put an end to them in my zeal. 12 Therefore tell him I am making my covenant of peace with him. 13 He and his descendants will have a covenant of a lasting priesthood, because he was zealous for the honor of his God and made atonement for the Israelites.”

Had YHWH considered Phinehas a murderer, then YHWH would've ordered that Phinehas be put to death...

• Numbers 35:20-21 (NIV)

20 If anyone with malice aforethought shoves another or throws something at them intentionally so that they die 21 or if out of enmity one person hits another with their fist so that the other dies, that person is to be put to death; that person is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when they meet.

...but that wasn't the case with Phinehas. Ergo, Phinehas isn't a murderer. He carried out justice.

Thank God for the discernment he pours out, even if the truth spills out from the lips of scoffers. May our Heavenly Father continue blessing us with discernment so that we accurately identify what is going on around us.

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces