[Fin] Slight Setbacks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:51 pm
Lex chuckled and nodded. "I'm not sure if they'll let us have chili oil at the table, but I think we can get it drizzled on some bread." Most places had drizzled pizzas and breads now. The one he had planned for had looked good.

"I'm glad you had someone to stay with," He said softly. He wished he could offer Taavi a place, but yeah, it wasn't possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:03 pm
"Oh, no, whatever they have on the menu will be good, um, I don't want to ask for anything special; it's a real pain for the staff," Taavi replied, speaking as one who had recently been such staff. A fast paced, exhausting, rather soul destroying job was a bit easier when people just stuck to the menu.

"Um... yeah, me too," Taavi continued, shrugging a little and looking down at his feet. "It was really good of Abel to let me stay for a bit, he's given me a bit more time to get things done while," he still had somewhere safe to be, "while I'm still living in the city, not staying out in a centre. It's harder to drop CVs in places when you have to factor in time to commute into the city, and count on the weather being okay to fly in too." It was only temporary though, very temporary. He wished he could ask to stay with Sasha for a bit but his landlord.... He wished he knew more about that guy but now really didn't feel like the time to ask.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:21 pm
"You sure?" Lex asked looking back at Taavi and nodded. "Understood," he paused, fingers running over the smart phone to look over the restaurants again, considering. "Okay, if you are willing to go a bit father, there is a restaurant with chili drizzle a bit farther."

"Have you got any call backs yet? Or asked to come back for training or a second interview?" Lex asked, looking up hopeful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Training? Second interviews? Would he be panicking this much if he had?!... Though he was doing his best to hide how worried he was so he couldn't blame Sasha. Taavi sighed and shook his head. "Ah, no. I had an interview but they called the next day to tell me the position had been filled by another applicant. At least they told me I guess? I... My history's just not that impressive I guess; I haven't got any qualifications at all, I randomly walked away from a great job so how are they meant to think I'm reliable, and I haven't got a recommendation or anything from the last place I worked because - y'know - fired." Taavi swallowed, shrugged, and looked away from Sasha. "People aren't really lining up to hire me and I can understand why, on paper I'm really not a great potential employee. I mean if I was them would I hire me or would I go for the recent highschool graduate who's got good grades and weekend experience, or maybe the hard working guy who's moved cities and has a reference from the last place he was employed? Um... I don't mind. I mean about the place, really. Pizza is pizza and... pizza is good."

How the hell was he ever going to get another job with all of that stuff piled up against him? He'd done the right thing, he was sure he had, but that didn't mean it hadn't screwed him over. Was it meant to be this way? Was it some kind of penance for things he'd done wrong? Was it a test of his faith? If he could believe it was for a reason he might be able to... to... well he didn't know but maybe just take come comfort in the reason in itself. It sucked to think that, sometimes, life just sucked.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:58 pm
"Sorry... just sorry," Lex murmured, shoving his hand in his coat pocket as they walked through the park. He sighed, biting his lip in thought.

"Closer one then, it's a bit cold to be walking." And he was making a mess of this, wasn't he?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:04 pm
Oh great, he was being miserable company wasn't he? He wasn't supposed to be dwelling on things! "Ah, no, don't be!" Taavi replied, reaching out to try to grab hold of Sasha's hand again; sounding and looking a bit worried as he did so. "It's not your fault, it's just- it's just a thing that is," he added hastily; the last thing he wanted was to leave Sasha feeling bad. "And somebody's bound to hire me eventually right? I'll find something and until then I'll keep training with my pokemon and do some battles, we might make some money that way! I don't- I didn't mean to be a downer. I'm just, uh, a bit tired I guess." And dwelling on stuff rather than trying to be positive!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:16 pm
Lex froze, looking up and flushed slightly. "Taavi," he flushed and rubbed at his ears. "Of course they are, and I shouldn't have brought it up, because I know you are brilliant and someone is bound to see it." He tugged slightly, pulling a piece of hair behind an ear.

"So, pizza and I'm going to order what ever chocolate thing they have on the menu."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:40 pm
"No, it's fine, I'm sorry I'm just- eh, a bit down about it I guess," Taavi replied, giving a tired smile and leaning down to kiss Sasha briefly. "I'll take the compliments though! Heh. And yeah I'm sure they'll have like a chocolate brownie or cookie dough or something? Cookie dough is awesome." Had he saved the situation there? Sasha wasn't smiling again yet but at least he didn't look so closed off anymore. Taavi sighed slightly, smiled wryly and squeezed Sasha's hand. "And for the record I'd like to do more than kiss you buuuuut I can hardly ask you back to Abel's place; a whole new level of suck to consider." A lack of privacy with his boyfriend was hardly the most pressing problem he had but still, it sucked.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:51 pm
Lex took the kiss with a soft smile, eyes crinkling at the corner and sighed. "Cookie dough is good," he said softly and gave a snort, smiling wider. "There are ways around that, to various degrees of legal." He squeezed back, walking through the park.

Though next time they meet, he was going to have enough money to spring for a hotel.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:48 am
"Ooooooh no, I have standards!" Taavi replied with an incredulous laugh and a proper smile for the first time since the pair's initial greeting. "No parks, no alleys, no public bathrooms. I would consider a copy room in an office or something, because that's one of those narrative things, but neither of us work in an office so that would add breaking and entering to the charges if somebody walked in, or trespass at least. No, we'll just have to be patient.... Though I don't know, how do you feel about tents in the woods? Would be a bit chilly this time of year though, it's only a lightweight two season thing... and that was a joke. Well, mainly a joke." The tent was pretty small, it had to be in order to fit into his backpack and it really was not designed for winter. It was more of an option than a bathroom somewhere though.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:34 pm
Lex chuckled and grinned as they walked. "Not a movie theater?" He murmured as they walked, and paused considering. "Tent would be okay," he certainly had slept in worse places, "Might be a bit cramp but I think we could manage."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:44 pm
"Definitely not a movie theatre!" Taavi replied, still incredulous and giving Sasha a light shove into the bargain. After a moment however he looked thoughtful and added; "Well maybe if it's a loud movie, and if there weren't a lot of people there. I'll consider it!" If Sasha bought the tickets anyway.

It would all be okay in the end, it would have to be. Right?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:18 pm
Lex laughed, grinning and cheerfully rubbed his hands, eye gleaming. "Do not give me that ammunition, Taavi. I have some ideas which movies and when." Michael Bay was always a possibility.

"Pizza and cookie dough" he said cheerfully, smiling up. "And finding a good movie to do something risque."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:58 pm
"Heh." Taavi smile faintly and shrugged. "You're the boss! Whatever you want is fine by me."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas